http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/ ... CatId=1809

[IMG]http://images.tigerdirect.ca/itemDetail ... allout.jpg[/IMG]
14 replies
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
14709 posts
2709 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Yeah, I looked at it. Seems decent for the price. The screen uses a different technology and its not necessarly a LCD.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
4346 posts
175 upvotes
Looks pretty good. I think it is a decent deal esp for those who are looking for a cell phone without a camera.
Jan 9, 2008
805 posts
238 upvotes
Toronto
I was going to post this and then i read the reviews and found out its not so sweet of a deal...

first it is a european model and only shows the time not the date....it also says it is out of network or something.
and third the txt is too big to read so if you are a big txt msger its not a good phone for you...

on the plus side apparently the battery lasts forever since the phone is not an lcd screen.

read the reviews and be a smart red flag dealer
Deal Expert
Oct 15, 2002
18196 posts
137 upvotes
GTA
Looks like they've lowered the price from $49 recently. I had this phone before, it's nice looking, very slim and light, excellent reception, good battery life. But as mentioned the fonts are huge (barely readable with the strange upper and lower cases), no name caller id only shows number, no calculator, and no way to delete call history that I know of. Search youtube to see what this phone looks like when in use.

Also last time I checked (back in October?) they did not have stock in Markham location. They said they would special order it in for me, but after 2 months of waiting, I got the run around (wasted my time!).
Aug 26, 2004
318 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
I think it's a pretty good deal on a cellphone.
I mean, it's 50 something bucks with tax and shipping.

I think it'll be good for the (grand)parents who just need a phone to be a phone. Don't have to deal with the new 'crazy' features and don't have to charge it every day...

@davidjames - european model is apparently still 850/1900 which is what Rogers uses. I think someone else said that the out of network thing is only for when you are roaming.
Jun 2, 2003
296 posts
3 upvotes
North York
is it available in-store?
Jun 30, 2003
402 posts
3 upvotes
etam wrote: is it available in-store?
I called them and they have nothing in store. I guess you have to pay shipping, which comes to 57 something to Toronto.
Feb 25, 2008
31 posts
Only buy this phone if you're looking for a... well, a PHONE. I bought it off ebay for when I travel. It's a very basic cell phone. It has a small form factor and the sound is good. On the down side, it has text capability... but you can only see six characters at a time. Honestly, if you use your phone for anything other than talking, don't buy this phone. But as far as something for your parents or someone who may not text, the phone is fine.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2004
2668 posts
326 upvotes
looks like a good phone for people with impaired vision
Jun 30, 2003
402 posts
3 upvotes
Does anyone receive this phone? It is speaking Spanish or Japanese? How can I change the language? Also when I put my Rogers SIM in, it asked me to enter some kind of password? Does anyone have the same problem?
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
14709 posts
2709 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
etam wrote: is it available in-store?
I saw the phone at the Mississauga location.
Mar 30, 2008
176 posts
18 upvotes
Can I use this phone with Telus or it works with Sim like Fido and Roger?

Thank you
Mar 30, 2004
440 posts
16 upvotes
I was recently in Africa and needed a cheap cell phone since mine wasn't a quad band. Went to the stores and this was one of the cheapest phones they had available. I think I ended up paying about $30 for it.

Like everyone has been saying, it's a REALLY basic phone. It's almost frustrating to use after being used to a smartphone but as a phone, it serves it's purpose.

It's so light and small and the screen is pretty cool....not quite an LCD screen but something interesting to look at.

I didn't like using it for texts since it doesn't show all of the message at once (only shows a couple of characters at a time, like one of the posts above mentioned) and can be kind of confusing when trying to differentiate between messages and trying to figure out who sent the message.

All in all, it served my purpose which was a reliable, cheap cell phone while on vacation. Looks nice but no one's ever going to want to steal it :lol:

Oh yeah, one more thing that I liked about the phone was that the front face was almost entirely smooth. No buttons for the keys, just one piece of plastic which was touch-sensitive over the numbers. Small thing but it just makes the phone look a little more classy rather than cheap.