TD other bank fees

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2023 3:55 pm
[OP]
Oct 16, 2019
303 posts
284 upvotes

TD other bank fees

So, I just check my bank statements, I found that at the end of every month, there is a 2.5 dollars "other bank fees". But i haven't used ATM for a LONG time, let alone an ATM at another bank, so what is it?

Could it be that I use Td bank Etransfer every month to pay my CIBC credit card bill ???

thanks.
11 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2018
5166 posts
1626 upvotes
does it matter?
Leungss wrote: So, I just check my bank statements, I found that at the end of every month, there is a 2.5 dollars "other bank fees". But i haven't used ATM for a LONG time, let alone an ATM at another bank, so what is it?

Could it be that I use Td bank Etransfer every month to pay my CIBC credit card bill ???

thanks.
What type of account is yours? Check accordingly the fee charged.

https://www.tdcanadatrust.com/document/ ... 513796.pdf
Tried new coffee and doughnut. Found same old stale thing. expected bill of six bucks but it was 600 million. Big mistake so the guy said don't worry it is on the house. going back to McD.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2018
5166 posts
1626 upvotes
does it matter?
I am not charged for e transfer. But Etransfer fee is charged immediately or right away I understand.
Tried new coffee and doughnut. Found same old stale thing. expected bill of six bucks but it was 600 million. Big mistake so the guy said don't worry it is on the house. going back to McD.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
8127 posts
4745 upvotes
Leungss wrote: So, I just check my bank statements, I found that at the end of every month, there is a 2.5 dollars "other bank fees". But i haven't used ATM for a LONG time, let alone an ATM at another bank, so what is it?

thanks.
Why you use Etransfer for paying CC acct? You should use bill payment instead.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2014
5236 posts
2841 upvotes
Parry Sound
teoconca wrote: Call TD to inquire!
Gotta ask the experts at RFD before any major decision.
ml88888888 wrote: Why you use Etransfer for paying CC acct? You should use bill payment instead.
Didn't even know this was possible in the first place.
This message has not been approved by The Office of The Mayor of Toronto.
Deal Guru
Oct 16, 2008
10314 posts
4593 upvotes
Maple
MayorOfToronto wrote: Gotta ask the experts at RFD before any major decision.

Didn't even know this was possible in the first place.
With TD you can.

Under 'Pay Bills' then 'Add payee' (Canadian Bills).

You are not blunt enough. Haha.
[OP]
Oct 16, 2019
303 posts
284 upvotes
teoconca wrote: With TD you can.

Under 'Pay Bills' then 'Add payee' (Canadian Bills).

You are not blunt enough. Haha.
yes, that's what I used, isn't it etransfer??
Deal Guru
Oct 16, 2008
10314 posts
4593 upvotes
Maple
Leungss wrote: yes, that's what I used, isn't it etransfer??
No. Those are under Pay Bills.

E-transfer is different.
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
16507 posts
22695 upvotes
Vancouver
Leungss wrote: yes, that's what I used, isn't it etransfer??
Bill Pay falls under what is known as electronic funds transfer, or EFT for short.
"e-transfer" is commonly understood to mean Interac E-transfer, which isn't the same thing.
Sounds like you might be making the bill payments from a TD savings account, which comes with $1.25 fees for each bill pay.
Different accounts have different fees, cross reference it here: https://www.tdcanadatrust.com/document/ ... 513796.pdf
[OP]
Oct 16, 2019
303 posts
284 upvotes
okay, never mind. It turn out they give me 2 free transaction on my savings account, additional transaction costs 1.25 each. The bank said it would be free if I pay the bills on my checking account.