Expired Hot Deals

TD Bank

TD Rewards: Get $10 back when you redeem points for every $50 Costco Shop Cards + enjoy a bonus 25% off your redemption

Mar 8, 2017
103 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
mbarj04 wrote: As per terms & conditions, it only applies to TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite*, the TD Platinum Travel Visa*, the TD Rewards Visa* and the TD Business Travel Visa* Credit Cards Cardholders ("Account")
Thanks!!
Jan 29, 2005
493 posts
149 upvotes
DraKoLich wrote: How does one know if their account qualifies?
+1 on this question

Also, if I recall correctly, some Costco stores have a limit on the number of times where you can buy something with a giftcard but without a membership. They make you sign in at customer service and check your ID.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2005
2123 posts
511 upvotes
Ottawa
callernamet wrote: Yeah. Just reading that email. And Expedia prices are pretty high.
I find it's all over the place and you really need to shop around. Last year I went to an all inclusive in Mexico with the kids. 4 of us first class....the option was the EXACT same price as regular class. To this day I still don't understand why (I'm guessing it was a price error, other sites were charging much more but the same price for first class).
May 30, 2011
661 posts
231 upvotes
Halifax
Dyklone wrote: Some more info for people regarding TD Points: https://creditcardgenius.ca/blog/td-rew ... l-program/

Points are only worth $0.0025 for gift cards normally. For example at regular price it would be $50 / 20000 points = $0.0025 per point. With this offer it's $60 / 15000 points = $0.004 per point

Looking at the link above this puts the value of each point at the same level as purchasing travel outside of TD for Expedia but still under purchasing travel through TD for Expedia.

I always tell people to never spend their points on anything besides travel unless of course they don't really travel. In our current situation of COVID-19 though who knows how long it will be before we can travel anywhere so if you're itching to spend your points for some reason this would be the best current value compared to non travel ways.

With that said, I'm hanging on to my points for the time being.
I’ve been thinking this as well but for my TD Aeroplane VISA. I want a pair of AirPods lol. I don’t think I’ll be using my points to travel with for at least a year or two. I could easily get a couple of giftcards somewhere and buy them instead of using cash. I feel like it makes sense for me to do that lol
Nov 25, 2009
602 posts
348 upvotes
Vancouver
Fuark, I just redeemed mine last ThursdayImageImage night. You think I can ask them to honor todaySlightly Frowning Face
Mar 3, 2004
493 posts
346 upvotes
Another angle at the math:

Costco shopcard (including bonus and statement credit)= $0.004 per point
ExpediaForTD = $0.005 per point

20% difference in cash value
Apr 25, 2016
214 posts
278 upvotes
taxland
For a limited time, get $10 back for every $50 Costco Shop Card you redeem TD Points for + enjoy a bonus 25% off your redemption

This is for those who have TD Rewards as part of the TD Travel Visa.

Limited Time Promotional Offer: Redemption offer is only available to TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite*, the TD Platinum Travel Visa*, the TD Rewards Visa* and the TD Business Travel Visa* Credit Cards Cardholders ("Account") who make a Gift Card, Merchandise and/or Shop The Mall purchase (a "Qualifying Purchase") through TDRewards.com from May 7, 2020 to August 15, 2020 (the Offer Period). Qualifying Purchases will receive a 25% discount for the required TD Points or TD Rewards Points at the point of checkout. This Limited Time Promotional Offer will be in addition to any other offers available for your Account. This Offer may be changed, withdrawn or extended at any time. Your Account must be open and in good standing at the time the TD Points or TD Rewards Points are deducted from your account.

All Gift Cards and retail merchandise offered at TDRewards.com are subject to availability and may change without notice. The Toronto Dominion Bank and its affiliates are not responsible for any merchandise available through TDRewards.com and assume no liability in this regard. Gift Cards may be subject to additional terms and conditions set out by the third-party merchant issuing the gift card and may be subject to change from time to time. TD is not responsible if a gift card is not honoured for any reason, including if the third-party merchant issuing the gift card becomes insolvent or bankrupt.
Nov 3, 2006
199 posts
214 upvotes
Toronto
Thank you to everyone who took the time to do the math and post. I've used ExpediaForTD a couple times the past year and not only were the prices 1:1 with the regular Expedia prices (in my experience), but they had some sweet promos (e.g $100 off $500 hotel booking, 25% off any activity, etc.).

I will be saving my points.
Mar 23, 2004
46876 posts
12808 upvotes
Markham
7things wrote: For a limited time, get $10 back for every $50 Costco Shop Card you redeem TD Points for + enjoy a bonus 25% off your redemption

This is for those who have TD Rewards as part of the TD Travel Visa.

Limited Time Promotional Offer: Redemption offer is only available to TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite*, the TD Platinum Travel Visa*, the TD Rewards Visa* and the TD Business Travel Visa* Credit Cards Cardholders ("Account") who make a Gift Card, Merchandise and/or Shop The Mall purchase (a "Qualifying Purchase") through TDRewards.com from May 7, 2020 to August 15, 2020 (the Offer Period). Qualifying Purchases will receive a 25% discount for the required TD Points or TD Rewards Points at the point of checkout. This Limited Time Promotional Offer will be in addition to any other offers available for your Account. This Offer may be changed, withdrawn or extended at any time. Your Account must be open and in good standing at the time the TD Points or TD Rewards Points are deducted from your account.

All Gift Cards and retail merchandise offered at TDRewards.com are subject to availability and may change without notice. The Toronto Dominion Bank and its affiliates are not responsible for any merchandise available through TDRewards.com and assume no liability in this regard. Gift Cards may be subject to additional terms and conditions set out by the third-party merchant issuing the gift card and may be subject to change from time to time. TD is not responsible if a gift card is not honoured for any reason, including if the third-party merchant issuing the gift card becomes insolvent or bankrupt.
Repost, thread merged.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
2771 posts
1062 upvotes
Whitehorse
Thanksbought10 wrote: Thank you to everyone who took the time to do the math and post. I've used ExpediaForTD a couple times the past year and not only were the prices 1:1 with the regular Expedia prices (in my experience), but they had some sweet promos (e.g $100 off $500 hotel booking, 25% off any activity, etc.).

I will be saving my points.
I'll save my points, too, because Expedia for TD has mostly the same prices as everyone else.

However, there are some issues. A large number of individually owned hotels/motels always show as fully booked on ExpediaforTD, while they are wide open to book on Expedia.ca.

Even more often, I can not find the flight itinerary I want on ExpediaforTD - then I book directly with the airline, or at times with Priceline.

In one instance, I saw that booking through ExpediaforTD meant that it was impossible to change the name of the passenger. Tickets booked directly with the airline at the same price for allow name changes (for a fee). Sadly, I noticed that too late.

If you travel for business, do not book Canadian hotels through ExpediaforTD. You can't get an itemized invoice, so you lose the GST/HST input tax credit. That's usually more than 4.5%.

And "activities" are often vastly overpriced. I've never booked one.

Having said all that, there's plenty of things where ExpediaforTD offers a good deal. I spent thousands there every year, until Covid.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2005
2271 posts
372 upvotes
whats the points value for travel not booked on expedia for TD?
Sep 26, 2010
196 posts
38 upvotes
lawonga wrote: Fuark, I just redeemed mine last ThursdayImageImage night. You think I can ask them to honor todaySlightly Frowning Face
Same here. Have you got good news from them?
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2006
2101 posts
231 upvotes
OTTAWA, Canada
Thanks, I redeemed all my points as the card is up for renewal in a month or so.. also works out since I was not renewing costco, so can still go in once in a while.
Aug 27, 2008
953 posts
652 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks OP. Just redeemed 10 X $50 cards.

I can't see my family traveling any time soon. Might as well use the points for something that we will use.
Apr 7, 2013
63 posts
101 upvotes
Brampton
DraKoLich wrote: "Accounts that qualify for the Offer will receive $10 statement credit on the Account for each increment of a $50.00 Costco Shop Card redemption made during the Offer Period. "

How does one know if their account qualifies?
May be this was a targeted email promotion? I received an email last night from TD rewards about this..so may be TD sent it to only those who qualified?
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2006
2101 posts
231 upvotes
OTTAWA, Canada
Godfather83 wrote: May be this was a targeted email promotion? I received an email last night from TD rewards about this..so may be TD sent it to only those who qualified?
I had the deal listed on my launch page, maybe it’s more about the purchase date to qualify.
May 29, 2006
47 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. Almost redeemed last week but got lucky that I procrastinated until now Face With Tears Of Joy

Just pulled the trigger and finally claimed 10x cards. Figured I'm better off using these points now and can close this card soon.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
4924 posts
5236 upvotes
GTA
Godfather83 wrote: May be this was a targeted email promotion? I received an email last night from TD rewards about this..so may be TD sent it to only those who qualified?
@DraKoLich @edbert

Here are steps to find this TD Rewards/Costco Gift Card Offer *, even if you did not receive an email.

https://www.tdrewards.com/shop

#2 Click Gift Cards

https://www.tdrewards.com/shop/category/303

#3 Scroll down for Alpha List

#4 If default 9 per page, go to Page 3 and see Costco GC below Cineplex GC

Costco $25
Costco $50

* Click on Costco GC to see Offer fine print for other eligibility requirements/details.

See images below

Cheers!
Images
  • Screenshot_20200526_104643.jpg
  • Screenshot_20200526_104720.jpg
  • Screenshot_20200526_105104.jpg
Aug 27, 2006
503 posts
1132 upvotes
GTA
mzmoney wrote: @DraKoLich @edbert

Here are steps to find this TD Rewards/Costco Gift Card Offer *, even if you did not receive an email.

https://www.tdrewards.com/shop

#2 Click Gift Cards

https://www.tdrewards.com/shop/category/303

#3 Scroll down for Alpha List

#4 If default 9 per page, go to Page 3 and see Costco GC below Cineplex GC

Costco $25
Costco $50

* Click on Costco GC to see Offer fine print for other eligibility requirements/details.

See images below

Cheers!
It's about the $10 credit back to your account.
I didn't get such email.

How would I know if I will get $10 credit back to my account after purchasing the gift card?
I had the subscription turned off, so I've never gotten any emails from TD Rewards before.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
4924 posts
5236 upvotes
GTA
el'ation wrote: It's about the $10 credit back to your account.
I didn't get such email.

How would I know if I will get $10 credit back to my account after purchasing the gift card?
Go to TD Rewards home page and see scrolling offer.

Click Redeem Offer button to see Costco Gift Cards and fine print.

See images below, for the Costco Shop Card Campaign Offer details.
Images
  • Screenshot_20200526_112231.jpg
  • Screenshot_20200526_112404.jpg
  • Screenshot_20200526_113745.jpg
Last edited by mzmoney on May 26th, 2020 11:39 am, edited 3 times in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)