Expired Hot Deals

TD Bank

TD Rewards: Get $10 back when you redeem points for every $50 Costco Shop Cards + enjoy a bonus 25% off your redemption

Aug 27, 2006
504 posts
1133 upvotes
GTA
Thanks. saw it on the homepage.
Looks like I can get 8 cards.
Nov 24, 2014
133 posts
126 upvotes
Jlmcneil wrote: I’ve been thinking this as well but for my TD Aeroplane VISA. I want a pair of AirPods lol. I don’t think I’ll be using my points to travel with for at least a year or two. I could easily get a couple of giftcards somewhere and buy them instead of using cash. I feel like it makes sense for me to do that lol
If the AirPods you want are available through Costco it's pretty good bang for your buck with this deal. Only thing better is booking flights on TD for Expedia so I don't think you could go wrong making the purchase. If not through Costco I wouldn't do it as losing the $10 rebate to your CC is a significant hit to the value of the points compared to other gift card purchases
Oct 11, 2006
158 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks, redeemed 10 cards
Remember the $10 credit is for every $50 costco card, not the $25 one if you are scrolling by rewards
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
6041 posts
2155 upvotes
This might be a silly question, but I have the TD Visa Infinite Cash Back card, so I technically do not collect points, correct? Therefore not eligible for this promo?
Mar 2, 2011
523 posts
264 upvotes
West
I placed an order for 2 x $50 Costco gcs back on May 7. Still waiting for it.
I tried calling in and no dice on crediting back 5000 x 2 TD points.

RBC was much better. Ordered on May 5 and received the Amazon gcs on May 13.
Mar 30, 2018
58 posts
58 upvotes
Can we use these gift cards in store without the membership? As I know everytime for billing they ask for memberhsip card and online ordering is expensive...Please confirm if someone used it in store without having membership???
Dec 22, 2012
620 posts
522 upvotes
Mississauga
Delhiboyin wrote: Can we use these gift cards in store without the membership? As I know everytime for billing they ask for memberhsip card and online ordering is expensive...Please confirm if someone used it in store without having membership???
yes you can in store
Jul 21, 2011
276 posts
115 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know how long TD takes to ship the cards?
Zoomer Wireless| $36 - 5GB LTE Data
Feb 24, 2015
121 posts
58 upvotes
nova scotia
have 55,000 pts what does that give me for travel in dollars , phoned td rewards can not get hold of them
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
3898 posts
687 upvotes
allieabby wrote: have 55,000 pts what does that give me for travel in dollars , phoned td rewards can not get hold of them
If redeemed on Expedia for TD it's worth $275.

There it is worth $150 Costco GC, $30 statement credit and 10,000 pnts leftover.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
2274 posts
1046 upvotes
thanks op, redeeming 4x$50 cards since my travel plans this year is cancelled!
Mar 6, 2017
42 posts
24 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Parrajara wrote: Thanks OP. I have had the shitty basic TD Rewards credit card since I was a teen. Never knew or cared much about CC rewards, until about a year ago. I don't even want to think about how many more points I would have if I had a decent rewards CC. With all of my years of spending thousands and thousands of dollars with my credit card, I only have 66,609 points. I don't plan on using it on Expedia travel, so I think this is the best bet for me. I definitely love my Costco meats, lol.

EDIT: On that note... I've been wanting a new CC but requirement is always $60K income. I make much less than that but I have a 845 credit rating. Any way to work around the income limit?
If you ask a branch teller to upgrade your card, they are more than happy to do it. There's no income requirement if you are upgrading from a lower end card. The income limits are for new card applications.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2019
1000 posts
1046 upvotes
BigChigg wrote: If you ask a branch teller to upgrade your card, they are more than happy to do it. There's no income requirement if you are upgrading from a lower end card. The income limits are for new card applications.
Thank you for the information. My concern is that I want to get a CC from a different bank, not my current one. If I go to another branch and tell them I want their CC, this would be consider an application and therefore I would not be eligible because of my income?
Mar 6, 2017
42 posts
24 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Easy. Get a free card that you qualify for, wait a month or, then go to the teller and say you want to upgrade to the premium card. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Nov 9, 2017
149 posts
49 upvotes
So right now I have 35,000 TD Rewards points. If I redeem 30,000 points now, I should get a total of $100 Costco GC and $20 statement credit. Later on, if the offer is still valid, Can I still get the $10 statement credit once I accumulate and redeem 15000 points or is the statement credit only one time ?
Koodo, Public Mobile, Telus, Tangerine Bank, HSBC, Mylo,
Drop, WealthSimple, Swagbucks, AwardWallet,
[OP]
Feb 28, 2019
59 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
dealHunter9669 wrote: So right now I have 35,000 TD Rewards points. If I redeem 30,000 points now, I should get a total of $100 Costco GC and $20 statement credit. Later on, if the offer is still valid, Can I still get the $10 statement credit once I accumulate and redeem 15000 points or is the statement credit only one time ?
You can redeem there is no clause which dictates that it should be only one time but ensure to redeem before the offer end date.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2010
1446 posts
842 upvotes
ottawa
Darn this is a good offer... We have quite a lot of points ~300,000 and shop at costco every 2-3 weeks and would blow through these gift cards in a couple months. But then again it still undervalues the points by 25% from expedia for TD... How many of you are saving your points? I'm also concerned about traveling costs going up when we're allowed to fly again and don't know realistically how long it'll be until we travel again.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
2190 posts
2886 upvotes
Crap!! Ordered GC a day before. Anyone have luck with calling in?
Aug 14, 2012
372 posts
321 upvotes
North Vancouver
barqers wrote: Darn this is a good offer... We have quite a lot of points ~300,000 and shop at costco every 2-3 weeks and would blow through these gift cards in a couple months. But then again it still undervalues the points by 25% from expedia for TD... How many of you are saving your points? I'm also concerned about traveling costs going up when we're allowed to fly again and don't know realistically how long it'll be until we travel again.
At this point I'm willing to sacrifice that value loss for something I will use today. I don't foresee using my TD points on Expedia 4 TD for many moons.