Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
TD VISA

HOT - TD Cash Back Visa Infinite Card - ** 9% ** 1st 3 Months for Gas/Groceries/Recurring Payments

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2018 11:26 am
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8518 posts
6261 upvotes
Does anyone know if insurance premiums (home,auto,life) that charge once a year count as recurring payments? Has anyone tried that?
Mar 28, 2017
106 posts
73 upvotes
bizzaro23 wrote: If I was to switch my TD travel visa infinite over to this, would I be losing all the extended warranties I have on the items I've purchased through my TD visa?
if you call in to switch, you can request the credit card number to remain the same. Not sure if that's the qualification for warranty purposes, you might have to double check with the warranty department.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
mkl38s wrote: Does anyone know if insurance premiums (home,auto,life) that charge once a year count as recurring payments? Has anyone tried that?
YMMV, but probably not. My insurance company said it wouldn't be PAP, it'd be a manual annual charge. You can't "pre-auth pay" with them (only consent in advance to charge your card). If there's less than a 2% surcharge with your insurance company to pay monthly, you might come out ahead (slightly) by going that route.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8518 posts
6261 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote: YMMV, but probably not. My insurance company said it wouldn't be PAP, it'd be a manual annual charge. You can't "pre-auth pay" with them (only consent in advance to charge your card). If there's less than a 2% surcharge with your insurance company to pay monthly, you might come out ahead (slightly) by going that route.
Thanks, then I guess I will stick with Rogers card, 1.25% less but it guarantees
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2005
1275 posts
641 upvotes
htp1498 wrote:
if you call in to switch, you can request the credit card number to remain the same. Not sure if that's the qualification for warranty purposes, you might have to double check with the warranty department.
I don't believe so. IMO only.
I did that several times when I had MBNA and Citi, and when I changed between card types by the same vendor, the insurance followed. I'd assume it would end once the account is closed but not if changing cards.
MBNA and Citi used to even provide new card numbers and that didn't matter.
TD keeps the same number.
Apr 23, 2018
31 posts
21 upvotes
Fardashian wrote: Thank, seems like the annual fee rebate doesn’t apply to this card though?
It should. I could have sworn I saw it before. Ok, something is weird. On the first link, if you click open the credit card thing (5), it only shows 4 credit cards. However, if you click open and follow the all-inclusive banking link itself, and then click the credit card link under rebates and discounts, it includes the Cash Back Infinite card:
https://www.td.com/ca/en/personal-banki ... king-plan/

Sooo, I don't know... it says one thing on one webpage, but another one another link/webpage. *sigh*
Dec 24, 2015
113 posts
185 upvotes
Markham, ON
hey everyone
I saw the previous list of groceries but does anyone know if no frills count?
Nov 22, 2012
812 posts
940 upvotes
NS
Fnatic wrote: hey everyone
I saw the previous list of groceries but does anyone know if no frills count?
No Frills does not accept Visa for a payment option, only Mastercard, Interac, and cash. You could use the TD Visa CBI card to purchase President's Choice gift cards at another Loblaw's grocery store chain.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2013
1119 posts
1184 upvotes
AB
for what it's worth, i still got the 9%. But the lady at the counter was referring the card while i was making a deposit.
Mar 7, 2012
199 posts
70 upvotes
plllll0 wrote: for what it's worth, i still got the 9%. But the lady at the counter was referring the card while i was making a deposit.
How long ago did you apply? Any idea if I should expect to get this offer if I walk into a TD branch?
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2013
1119 posts
1184 upvotes
AB
imdanrydell wrote: How long ago did you apply? Any idea if I should expect to get this offer if I walk into a TD branch?
I never applied at all, it was brought up by the banker teller.
Last edited by nuclearhot on Jul 27th, 2018 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 31, 2006
488 posts
284 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I got the card in the mail (I signed up under a targeted 9% offer)... However, on the letter in the top right corner, it says 6% bonus cash back for the first 3 months.

Does that mean 6% total, or 6%+3% = 9% total? Does anyone remember what their letter said?
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2013
1119 posts
1184 upvotes
AB
KooJo wrote: I got the card in the mail (I signed up under a targeted 9% offer)... However, on the letter in the top right corner, it says 6% bonus cash back for the first 3 months.

Does that mean 6% total, or 6%+3% = 9% total? Does anyone remember what their letter said?
Ask when you activate your card. The contents in the mail are generic.
Mar 7, 2012
199 posts
70 upvotes
plllll0 wrote: I never applied at all, it was brought up by the banker teller.
OK.
How long ago was this interaction in the bank?
Aug 31, 2006
488 posts
284 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
plllll0 wrote: Ask when you activate your card. The contents in the mail are generic.
Argh, looks like I'm only getting 6%... I signed up through the targeted offer that showed up on my td banking account when I logged in. It said 9% welcome bonus + first year free, good thing I took a screen shot. Hopefully it won't be a pain in the ass to get them to correct it.
Mar 7, 2012
199 posts
70 upvotes
KooJo wrote: Argh, looks like I'm only getting 6%... I signed up through the targeted offer that showed up on my td banking account when I logged in. It said 9% welcome bonus + first year free, good thing I took a screen shot. Hopefully it won't be a pain in the ass to get them to correct it.
When I activated, phone rep said that, yes, the letter just says "6% bonus", that there were multiple offers out there, and that I should expect to receive whatever the offer was, but she couldn't herself tell which offer I accepted.
One offer is 9% on groceries etc.; another offer is 6% on anything.
I'd suggest making a small purchase that's not at a grocery store, plus a grocery purchase, and see how they calculate the points for each transaction. Then call in if you don't get the full 9% on the grocery portion.