• Sep 2nd, 2013 3:07 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 3, 2008
41 posts
3 upvotes

TD Water House trading fee ?

Hi! I called TD Water House to open trading account . they say if i deposit total deposit over $50,000.00. I will get flat rate $9.99 . What ever how big lot i trade, same rates fee . Is there any hidden fee charge ? What benefit can i ask them if i deposit over $50,00.00 ? Thank you
9 replies
Oct 2, 2008
103 posts
28 upvotes
there is no benefit.. plus the platform is tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow.. go with Questrade and get your orders filled like a flash.. sorry but I suffered at TDW.. I would not recommend...plus they treat u like garbage.. I wish Questrade had more research options available..
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1736 posts
773 upvotes
Calgary
I'm not sure why the person above is talking trash about Waterhouse. I never felt like I was treated like Garbage. I prefer to do business with companies that hold hundreds of thousands of my dollars to at least have a front door I can open up if I need help. Not some email/phone support.

Orders filled in a flash? What the hell does that even mean lol
Indexer, non-yield chasing, low cost, broad based, as simple as possible investor.
Mar 13, 2012
863 posts
142 upvotes
Planet Earth
Never been treated badly by TDW for any reason. I learned my lesson that paying $9.99 for a trade is well worth the piece of mind of a large broker, trust of my invested money is available whenever I want it, very knowledgeable persons on the phone and promptness at resolving issues. Questrade, you kidding me? :facepalm: Pulled out there pretty quick. They never even gave me confidence to upload anywhere close to $50k.

No idea what the orders filled in a flash comment is about by Jolio1. It's all about supply & demand for a particular security which will dictate how fast a fill happens... Odd lots may also result in slow order fills giving you the perception of a slow transaction.
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you even tried.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 14, 2010
6706 posts
8560 upvotes
I never used TDW, but I had terrible experiences with Questrade. Tons of other posts with their problems in RFD too.

On my case, Questrade screwed up with CRA in 3 consecutive years. I had enough after spending hours with CRA and Questrade sorting out mistakes that were never mine, but Questrade's.

Do you want your long term money in a mom-and-pop shop or in a big company?

Rod
[OP]
Mar 3, 2008
41 posts
3 upvotes
Year 2011 . I open Questrade rsp trading account. I sign the transfer form to transfer 35.000.00 from Transamerica. After 3 week transamerica send me receip send 35.000.00 to Quest trade. I waited for 2 week more 35.000.00 still not in my account. I call them ask for help to find where my money. They only say they donot know. Like they drive me to hightway them put me down on the road, like not thing happen with them. i call Transamerica to find and bring back my money to re invesment. Transamerica find out my money sitting at financal of questrade at Montreal under my Questrade account number . Transamerica total chaged me $360.00. scare me
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2009
4076 posts
3931 upvotes
on the links!
vl26 wrote: Hi! I called TD Water House to open trading account . they say if i deposit total deposit over $50,000.00. I will get flat rate $9.99
If you want to go with one of the big 5 bank brokers, why not Investor's Edge? You can get flat rate $6.95/trade if you have $100K in CIBC business which includes investments, mortgage, etc. And that's per household, so you can combine accounts
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
19283 posts
7765 upvotes
Toronto
I'd also recommend TDW...been with them since 08 and no complaints. The Market Research provided is great and if you can do 150+ trades per quarter you get $7 flat rate trades and no data fee for the platform

There is no other hidden fee as long as you select "e-statements" rather than paper.
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2007
5018 posts
2172 upvotes
I was with both td and questrade, I just switched everything to questrade now was sick and tired of no usd in rsp and scamming us dividends. Plus 4.95 trade and free eft buying was great for me.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
4749 posts
3807 upvotes
As long as TD sticks with their e-Series index funds, I think I'll remain with them. At TD Waterhouse I can purchase them in increments of $100+ at a time. Since I avoid high turnover and trading like the plague, for the few dividend growth stocks and broad based market I buy each year, it wouldn't be worthwhile for me to make a move. Besides, back in the early 80's I had to pay $30 for each buy and sell, so $9.99 now seems like a bargain.