• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2019 4:21 pm
[OP]
Banned
Oct 23, 2018
85 posts
54 upvotes

TD1 FORM (Personal Tax Credits Return)

First off, forgive me if this is posted in the wrong section - couldn't find a better place.

Every year my wife fills out something called the TD1 form (federal and provincial) for her employer. Around this time, early December,
this form is available for download, and completed for the following January. (She/we have some major credits to submit).

This year, this form (2020) is no where to be found. Even CRA doesn't seem to know when it might be available. Someone suggested
it might be available the 3rd week of January. This of course makes little sense.

My wife just emailed her work and asked if figures from 2019 can be used in lieu of 2020 as nothing's really changed from our perspective. The only thing that does
change is the "indexing" year-over-year.

Can someone here speak to the issues outlined here?

Thank you.
1 reply
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
3461 posts
2101 upvotes
Kitchener
Bruiserweight66 wrote: First off, forgive me if this is posted in the wrong section - couldn't find a better place.

Every year my wife fills out something called the TD1 form (federal and provincial) for her employer. Around this time, early December,
this form is available for download, and completed for the following January. (She/we have some major credits to submit).

This year, this form (2020) is no where to be found. Even CRA doesn't seem to know when it might be available. Someone suggested
it might be available the 3rd week of January. This of course makes little sense.

My wife just emailed her work and asked if figures from 2019 can be used in lieu of 2020 as nothing's really changed from our perspective. The only thing that does
change is the "indexing" year-over-year.

Can someone here speak to the issues outlined here?

Thank you.
I am guessing that the government needs to pass some legislation first before the TD1's for 2020 are released. If you recall, some promises were made regarding taxation, which would affect your TD1. They're probably thinking early 2020 for it to be in place, then they'd release the TD1. In the meantime, you can use 2019. Yes, you'd likely be paying too much tax, but it won't be major.
Why can't we all just get along?