• Feb 9th, 2014 7:50 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 20, 2009
120 posts
20 upvotes

TDWH offers $9.99 flat rate to accounts < $50000 starting tomorrow

Was calling TDWH this morning regarding my accounts, and the CSR told me that starting tomorrow WH will be offering $9.99/trade flat rate regardless of total asset value.

He was also saying this info should be posted on their website shortly, even though I still can't find it on either TDCT or TDWH websites.

Anyone else heard about this?
60 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2010
4359 posts
695 upvotes
Nice, it's about time.
RBC started doing that same thing recently so makes sense the big banks will follow.
[OP]
Nov 20, 2009
120 posts
20 upvotes
Yeah. The CSR specifically mentioned RBC has started this low commission. It seems WH is following, in a good way :)
flafson wrote: Nice, it's about time.
RBC started doing that same thing recently so makes sense the big banks will follow.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2002
3470 posts
891 upvotes
Anything for those with more than $50K?
Mar 14, 2007
736 posts
57 upvotes
Long overdue, now they just need to upgrade their trading interface into something more modern.
Oct 20, 2010
416 posts
76 upvotes
I'd love to see them drop the minimum balance requirement to avoid being charged admin fees on the RRSP accounts too.
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2007
5018 posts
2172 upvotes
Left them after waiting too long for a proper usd rsp.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
6114 posts
7415 upvotes
The NORTH
Great News!!! Waiting for confirmation....
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
3148 posts
2794 upvotes
Montreal
bgallagher wrote: It's about time!!
TD better come up with a similar offer. :rolleyes:
So this is it!
They saved money by not going public about it or what?

virtuman1980 wrote: Haha...pretty interesting fellow indeed...but it was this persistence/stubbornness of his that got him the positive result in the end.
datako wrote: ... Although, I'm a little surprised you went against what everyone advised ,op. You've got balls and absolutely crazy at the same time to do this.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2006
1654 posts
257 upvotes
Toronto
goob3r wrote: Anything for those with more than $50K?
Raising minimum wage does not automatically give a raise to those making well above minimum wage.
Sep 24, 2012
347 posts
30 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
They also need to get rid of maintenance fee for registered and non-registered accounts to compete with RBC
Apr 28, 2012
958 posts
339 upvotes
QC
MehtabSingh wrote: They also need to get rid of maintenance fee for registered and non-registered accounts to compete with RBC
Did RBC waive maintenance fees with no minimum balance ?
Sep 24, 2012
347 posts
30 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
If both will have same fees why would someone choose TD over RBC or vice versa.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
19281 posts
7755 upvotes
Toronto
MehtabSingh wrote: If both will have same fees why would someone choose TD over RBC or vice versa.
Typically people like keeping everything at one place for convenience. For me I have everything at TD as an example...but this news means nothing to me as Ive always only paid $7 as an active trader.

I don't know how RBCs platform works but I love TDs market research.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1663 upvotes
MehtabSingh wrote: If both will have same fees why would someone choose TD over RBC or vice versa.
Only reason I like TD is because of the hours. Some branches open until 8pm, and lots of them also open on Sunday. Other than that, all banks are scammers.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Apr 25, 2009
267 posts
37 upvotes
3rd rock from sun
ya i can confirm the commission is $9.99. you will receive a message when u login to WebBroker:

Beginning February 7, 2014, it’s $9.99 flat for all Canadian and U.S. equity trades placed online through WebBroker and the TD app for mobile and tablet. Our new, low-cost and straightforward pricing means everyone qualifies.

No minimum trading activity requirements
No minimum account balance requirements
No share quantity limitations

If you’re trading more than 150 times each quarter, you’ll continue to receive additional savings of just $7.00 flat per trade.

At TD Direct Investing, we are committed to providing you with everything you need to make better, smarter investment decisions so you can achieve your financial goals. Low-cost and straightforward pricing is just one more way we’re demonstrating this commitment to you.

Thanks for investing with us!
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2009
1291 posts
90 upvotes
Squawk7600 wrote: ya i can confirm the commission is $9.99. you will receive a message when u login to WebBroker:

Beginning February 7, 2014, it’s $9.99 flat for all Canadian and U.S. equity trades placed online through WebBroker and the TD app for mobile and tablet. Our new, low-cost and straightforward pricing means everyone qualifies.

No minimum trading activity requirements
No minimum account balance requirements
No share quantity limitations

If you’re trading more than 150 times each quarter, you’ll continue to receive additional savings of just $7.00 flat per trade.

At TD Direct Investing, we are committed to providing you with everything you need to make better, smarter investment decisions so you can achieve your financial goals. Low-cost and straightforward pricing is just one more way we’re demonstrating this commitment to you.

Thanks for investing with us!
Thanks... That's great news for all.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2005
2177 posts
211 upvotes
bgallagher wrote: So this is it!
They saved money by not going public about it or what?
?

If it applies across the board, why would not going public save them money (other than perhaps saving money on advertising/publicity but usually they would want to advertise these kinds of moves to try to attract more clients)?