Hot Deals

Teach Your Monster How to Read - Free! (Android & iOS)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2021 1:30 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
1165 posts
794 upvotes
kiasu wrote: cool thank you

any other free or recommended?
I let my JK child tried these free ones:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... kids.games
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... s.counting

The best thing is they don't have any ads. They're literally free.

Every 3rd or so lessons they also get a little sticker/stamp/toy as a reward. There are quite a few different game play modes as well.

My kid quite enjoyed the math one, but didn't find the words one as exciting.
RFD: Pick any two.
  • In stock
  • Low Price
  • Quality Product
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
3956 posts
1151 upvotes
Village Id10t wrote: What is SK?
Senior kindergarten, so far he loves it. He was playing it for 2 hours and really seemed to be enjoying it. I don’t think he realized he was learning since it was like a game.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2014
1523 posts
870 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Can anyone a way to get my kids off of YT/TT/Roblox and into coding/AI/Linux?
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1267 posts
1032 upvotes
Montreal
Anyone somehow know if there is something similar in Korean lol

My Korean sucks and I would not want my kids to be the same
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
5943 posts
1600 upvotes
Sievert wrote: Can anyone a way to get my kids off of YT/TT/Roblox and into coding/AI/Linux?
Start with scratch: https://scratch.mit.edu/
Then tell them they can make their own minecraft/roblox mods. There's actually coding courses that specialize in those. Scratch is a good start.
Apr 2, 2013
494 posts
465 upvotes
St. Catharines
My 2.5 yr old is actually doing well with this and learning. The rocket one is difficult for him but the other ones are great
Dec 4, 2017
50 posts
19 upvotes
3yr old like this one a lot, now i need to change ipad password thanks to OP.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
2995 posts
1792 upvotes
thanks op, downloaded for later. my daughter is almost two and starting to talk, colours, numbers, animals, body parts ect. any good apps for her age?
Got that Fido Account!!
Got that Zoomer Account!!
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
2064 posts
517 upvotes
These are the apps I have been looking for. Much better than navigating modded APK sites!

Keep them coming!
Dec 31, 2007
718 posts
427 upvotes
Toronto
TheGuard wrote: My 2.5 yr old is actually doing well with this and learning. The rocket one is difficult for him but the other ones are great

I was just going to ask if my 2.2 year old can use this
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2010
2634 posts
988 upvotes
Toronto
riseagainstthemachine wrote: thanks op, downloaded for later. my daughter is almost two and starting to talk, colours, numbers, animals, body parts ect. any good apps for her age?
I wouldn't rely on apps to teach her everything. They're useful and kids like that play factor but there are plenty of ways to introduce those topics without relying on apps. Simply using crayons and associating a colour to an object (red apple, yellow sun) is an easy way to introduce colours. Fridge number and letter magnets are also useful for toddlers (leapfrog makes interactive versions if you like).

If you really want an app try Khan Academy Kids (free).
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5060 posts
2382 upvotes
A Place to Stand
consumer be me wrote: I was just going to ask if my 2.2 year old can use this
I think it is geared more toward children at least 2.25 years old and up. I've heard some parents of 2.175 year olds have had limited success, but it would seem the general consensus is that children generally excel with this app if they are in the 2.875 year to 3.825 year age bracket, plus or minus .1875 years.
Dec 31, 2007
718 posts
427 upvotes
Toronto
midget_man wrote: I think it is geared more toward children at least 2.25 years old and up. I've heard some parents of 2.175 year olds have had limited success, but it would seem the general consensus is that children generally excel with this app if they are in the 2.875 year to 3.825 year age bracket, plus or minus .1875 years.
Thanks for the breakdown.

I wish it were people or kids instead of cartoons though