• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2020 1:04 am
Tags:
[OP]
Mar 10, 2017
4 posts
1 upvote

Tech YouTubers who you follow?

Just curious - are there any Tech YouTubers that you follow? Unbox Therapy? Dave2D? MKBD? They all have different styles but I enjoy them. Sorry - also just trying to build up the number of posts I have on here.
37 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
6279 posts
6577 upvotes
GTA
LTT or Linus Tech Tips. He's not always correct about everything but infallibility is not an issue as much as how people handle when they are eventually wrong about something.
I also watch Phil's Computer Lab, RandomGaminginHD, LGR, or basically people who often cover older tech. I'm not really a fan of traditional unboxing in general, but it has its place in some cases. To me its like when my kids watch a video of a man playing a video game and screeching about it, as opposed to just playing it themselves.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2005
1307 posts
229 upvotes
Vancouver
LTT and Mrwhosetheboss
Graphic Designer
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2005
9206 posts
1193 upvotes
Toronto
LGR and The 8 bit Guy
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2594 posts
1548 upvotes
Calgary
LTT, Jayz2cents, Gamers Nexus, Hardware Unboxed.

For phones, Mr. Mobile, MKBHD, Flossy Carter, Jerryrigeverything (though his suckup to Oneplus soured me). I Don’t support Unbox Therapy after the Latercase/PITAKA thing.
Jan 15, 2017
335 posts
205 upvotes
Vancouver
Ogata wrote: LGR and The 8 bit Guy
Same. These are the only tech channels I really "follow".

I'm subscribed to a bunch more channels like LTT but only pay attention if I'm looking to buy something.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
2590 posts
1493 upvotes
Ontario
No one, if I need to look up something/research a purchase, I'll look at various places to make a hopefully informed decision...
·Ï¢årµ§·
Deal Addict
May 2, 2011
1257 posts
442 upvotes
Oakville, ON
I like ETA Prime. Lot of raspberry pi and small computing videos.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2594 posts
1548 upvotes
Calgary
IcarusLSC wrote: No one, if I need to look up something/research a purchase, I'll look at various places to make a hopefully informed decision...
Subscribing to a particular tech Youtuber doesn’t mean we only listen to them for product recommendations.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1784 posts
1205 upvotes
Near You
The Verge builds a PC

/s
• AMEX Platinum • Aeroplan Reserve • Cobalt • Bonvoy
• MC HSBC Premier WE• NBC WE • BRIM
• AT&T Unl Max CA/US/MX US$34 Group Buy • Google Fi • Free.fr
Aeroplan SE • DL Gold • Marriott Titanium • Hyatt Globalist •
Earn miles•Fly the world
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
2590 posts
1493 upvotes
Ontario
Devhux wrote: Subscribing to a particular tech Youtuber doesn’t mean we only listen to them for product recommendations.
I never said it did.
·Ï¢årµ§·
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
4921 posts
1953 upvotes
I follow the usual LTT.. Jayz2centz .. hardwarecanucks... techyescity.. randomgamingHD. I kinda feel like techyescity guy will be my dream job.. a tech youtuber with a used PC side hustle.

Cant get into Gamer's nexus... they're informative.. but just too much.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2008
4384 posts
292 upvotes
Toronto
coilz wrote: Cant get into Gamer's nexus... they're informative.. but just too much.
For me the guy is WAY to monotone. I just find that he doesn't sound excited when talking about tech.

I've just subbed to some of the new ones mentioned here but I am still trying to find an IT channel that teaches some basics to things. BTNHD was useful for me when learning MDT so I subbed to him.

If I keep up with general consumer tech like phones, CPU launches, I will watch hardware canucks, MKBHD, mrwhosetheboss, sometimes LTT. Recently found Optimum tech to be a nice channel and been watching a little more jayztwocents.
Nothing to see here...keep looking.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
8423 posts
5301 upvotes
Mississauga
I watch LTT for the lulz.

I like LGR and 8-bit Guy simply because they deal with computer tech which reminds me of my childhood.
Aug 23, 2019
576 posts
429 upvotes
Gamernexus and Hardwareunboxed for CPU/mobo reviews and news. I'd rather read stuff but the now put videos before publishing articles. Some times LTT. Jayz2c is literally useless/fluff content 80% of the time I find, I don't care about water-cooling content. Hardwarecanuck for case reviews which is rare.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
4921 posts
1953 upvotes
Zero1 wrote: For me the guy is WAY to monotone. I just find that he doesn't sound excited when talking about tech.

I've just subbed to some of the new ones mentioned here but I am still trying to find an IT channel that teaches some basics to things. BTNHD was useful for me when learning MDT so I subbed to him.

If I keep up with general consumer tech like phones, CPU launches, I will watch hardware canucks, MKBHD, mrwhosetheboss, sometimes LTT. Recently found Optimum tech to be a nice channel and been watching a little more jayztwocents.

Yeah Gamers nexus guy is wayyy to monotone.. or whiny tone. If you turn playback speed up to 1.5X or higher its better. and also +1 on Optimum tech, started watching some of his stuff recently too.
Jul 14, 2003
429 posts
173 upvotes
Dundas
Linus Tech Tips/Techquickie/ShortCircuit - General Tech stuff
Hardware Unboxed - Detailed CPU and GPU reviews
Digital Foundry - Detailed gaming performance reviews
Technology Connections - Detailed look into specific tech topics
Techmoan - Detailed look into various tech items, old and new
LGR - Vintage hardware and software
Tom Scott - Random topics
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2594 posts
1548 upvotes
Calgary
AndyLH88 wrote: Linus Tech Tips/Techquickie/ShortCircuit - General Tech stuff
Hardware Unboxed - Detailed CPU and GPU reviews
Digital Foundry - Detailed gaming performance reviews
Technology Connections - Detailed look into specific tech topics
Techmoan - Detailed look into various tech items, old and new
LGR - Vintage hardware and software
Tom Scott - Random topics
I could have also listed pretty much all of these. Special note to Technology Connections and Techmoan as they are ones I would actually click the bell notification for so I can see when a new video is posted immediately.

Fun fact with Technology Connections: he often has fun with the subtitles during the blooper reel.
Sep 29, 2011
216 posts
173 upvotes
Quebec
Channels I follow, from best to OK

LTT : Reviews and entertaining stuff
MKBHD : smartphones
Dave2D: Notebooks
Snazzy labs: Apple stuff
Serve the home: Networking
Hardwares Canucks: Computers Cases
L1tech: Linux + hardware