• Sep 27th, 2019 1:57 pm
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
15304 posts
2210 upvotes
Toronto
junglemage666 wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2019 7:45 pm
Hmm, then it could just simply be coincidence and it wasn't the fault of the Dollarama one. I will get her to try it on the new iPhone they give her, if it breaks again, we know the culprit
I'm not sure what makes one qi pad better than another one but I have used the cheapest ones I could find for a nexus 4, nexus 5, Samsung s7, Samsung s8, and nexus 7 with no problems so far. Maybe the iPhone X has an issue with wireless charging? I'm not sure.
Nov 23, 2013
312 posts
72 upvotes
Shawinigan
Stumbled on that in Dollorama this weekend and remembered I had a dead tablet laying in my closet

Guess what, why Nexus 7 is now revived to life ! It also confirmed the issue was the micro-USB port not working.

Thanks OP :)
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
11282 posts
1511 upvotes
what about Huawei Mate 9? does it support?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Apr 13, 2016
266 posts
153 upvotes
I've never been interested in Qi-charging my devices but at $4 couldn't pass this up.

Charging my iPhone with this at the moment, I can confirm that it works and gets the phone slightly warm - 37c (was at 32c when it started charging).

The max current that the iPhone shows it can pull from this charger is 7.7W, it consistently pulled at least 5.5W throughout charging when the screen was on and went up to 7.4W when the screen was off.

I'd actually negate whats written on the box and classify this as a fast charger for the iPhone OP @Trance. Great bargain imo, will buy a couple more to put around the house.

I won't be using these to charge my iPhone but will probably use it to charge the AirPods when they come out
Trance wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 3:37 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
9015 posts
3598 upvotes
6ix
kiasu wrote:
Mar 4th, 2019 10:43 am
what about Huawei Mate 9? does it support?
No it does not support.
Koodo customer $40/8GB
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
18509 posts
1783 upvotes
tatamimat wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2019 4:38 pm
I don't really get the whole wireless charging thing. It's cool technology, but are we just too lazy to plug your phone in?

It could be useful, let say, integrated under a table?
I put a plug in my charging port to avoid the occasional moisture warning so wireless charging helps.

Recently, I was staying at a hotel in Singapore that had wireless charging pads integrated into the bedside tables.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
1727 posts
736 upvotes
GTA
Haz wrote:
Mar 5th, 2019 1:10 am
I put a plug in my charging port to avoid the occasional moisture warning so wireless charging helps.

Recently, I was staying at a hotel in Singapore that had wireless charging pads integrated into the bedside tables.
IKEA sells a few of what your talking about
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2181 posts
1197 upvotes
Prince George
Has anyone seen this out west? I keep checking my local Dollarama but nothing so far.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
18509 posts
1783 upvotes
cheaper_than_cheap wrote:
Mar 5th, 2019 11:53 am
Has anyone seen this out west? I keep checking my local Dollarama but nothing so far.
Saw some at the Kingsway near Victoria location in Vancouver.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
1628 posts
341 upvotes
tatamimat wrote:
I don't really get the whole wireless charging thing. It's cool technology, but are we just too lazy to plug your phone in?

My cable is too short to just pick up and look at the phone and put it back.
I just discovered the benefits of wireless charging over the weekend. I see a notification, pick it up while lying in bed and then put phone back on table and it charges . Changed my life.

And the 7.5W charges pretty fast.
Dec 30, 2017
119 posts
110 upvotes
tatamimat wrote:

You won’t wear out the socket on the phone as quickly
if you mostly use wireless charging.
Oct 15, 2016
139 posts
38 upvotes
Has anyone noticed these in any Markham or Scarborough stores recently?
Koodo & Public Mobile Customer.
Mar 28, 2019
1 posts
That charger is really bad. I bought it at Dollarama and after using it three times it broke down. Also it has a kinda of really flash blue light while charging. I do not recommend buying it
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
8921 posts
1501 upvotes
Montreal
RomainF53987 wrote:
Mar 29th, 2019 5:53 pm
That charger is really bad. I bought it at Dollarama and after using it three times it broke down. Also it has a kinda of really flash blue light while charging. I do not recommend buying it
People charging their $800+ phone on a $4 charger from a Dollar store...geez. Come on people, the quality is as bad as the English on the box!
Mar 27, 2003
462 posts
60 upvotes
There's something wrong with these pads. Got a LG G6 sitting on it (no case), hooked up to a proper LG quick charger - and it's beeping on and off every few minutes (and more frequently). Its very annoying. There's a reason these end up at Dollarama.

Edit: It also won't charge a S8+ in a basic flip-open case. Removed, it does. The coil(s) in this thing must be tiny.
Last edited by beljevina on Apr 11th, 2019 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.