Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2015
2365 posts
1733 upvotes
Cochrane, AB
Chew300ZX wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 6:34 pm
A little Engrish never hurt anyone!
It should be funny to read what is on the back of the packaging. I bet everything on it was done with Google Translate. Despite what Google claims, they are no where near good at translating.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2003
1689 posts
1040 upvotes
TXOHanzo wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 5:47 pm
$4 really nothing you can lose at this price great deal
Uh, your phone.
Mar 18, 2011
472 posts
128 upvotes
Pickering
Can't vouch for the wireless charger, but the regular charging cables from this brand are OK and on par with the charging cables sold at electronic outlets, far as amps/capability goes. However, I will say they build is something left to be desired. The charging cables sold by this brand don't go all the way into your phone (maybe 7/8th's of inch?), so they're prone to wear faster if you're not leaving your phone stationary after you charge it, or you callously pull the plug when removing the phone from the charger. But would recommend if you're looking for something cheap, but more than reasonable for its price point.
Dec 10, 2003
250 posts
137 upvotes
All the people rolling with Dollar store chargers blow me away....
"I can't live with out my phone" (most phones are pushing between $500-$1000) but I will take a chance and use a cheap charger or not put a case on the phone....
always shocks me......
Jan 21, 2013
314 posts
46 upvotes
i bought a similar one from ebay & it didn't work with my phone. Moto G5. ;-(
Oct 26, 2016
227 posts
73 upvotes
Here's the back showing details.

These are made specially for Dollarama. The charger feels very cheap and flimsy. Charged my phone for a few minutes, worked ok. You have to make sure the phone is perfectly centered for it to work. A blue light is also visible when charging.
Images
  • 20190115_211034.jpg
Jun 12, 2017
29 posts
38 upvotes
Belleville, ON
For anyone interested the company that makes it is on the bottom. It says CJ Global which makes their own line of products that you can find on their site. The bottom of the site says "Your wholesale Oasis!". It's obviously a white label. The full name of the company is CJING LIGHTING CO., LTD. Which is a member of the Wireless Power Consortium and does have an FCC licensing from this recent November for a wireless charger with the product number CJ-TX5VA1-V0 that matches the specs of this charger. It does appear to be similar even though the wireless charger they sell themselves has USB ports on it as well. Though the WPC wouldn't be bothered test a revision with USB's on it is my guess why the photo doesn't match. I am going to tear down one of these and see if the design is similar to the one of the WPC listing in layout on the PCB to hopefully confirm that this is the model certified by the FCC. Keep in mind this is partially cheap because there is no wall wart included. I do not have any wireless charging devices though so I cannot test that out as of yet.
Koodo $60/10gb
3gb Fido LG Gpad III (w/ $50 BB Giftcard)
Fido Flex $10/1-5gb-$35 w/ Sierra Aircard 763s
Pepsi Retro live long & prosper
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2005
1020 posts
523 upvotes
JoeStale wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 5:17 pm
Is it really worth $4 and your phone when the front packaging is so grammatically incorrect, saying "Faster charging Protects phone functionality"??????

Guess Dollarama didn't bother to pay for the proof reader.
Is that not precisely why dollarama aquired them? I was under the impression they buy manufacture defects such as damaged or error packaging.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
3750 posts
691 upvotes
Some wireless chargers don't know how to stop after charging has reached full. It could lead to a warm/hot pad which would lessen the battery life. Someone could report back on this model, or take your chances on $4.
signature closed for renovation
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2015
2365 posts
1733 upvotes
Cochrane, AB
d0m056 wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 9:17 pm
Here's the back showing details.

These are made specially for Dollarama. The charger feels very cheap and flimsy. Charged my phone for a few minutes, worked ok. You have to make sure the phone is perfectly centered for it to work. A blue light is also visible when charging.
The back image says this charger takes in 10 watts and only outputs 5 watts. Meaning this is a very slow and inefficient charger. It will take several hours to charge a modern phone.
Jan 1, 2008
91 posts
5 upvotes
Kitchener location on Fairway has them in stock. I have a new phone and didn’t feel like it was worth taking the risk, but thanks for the deal.
Oct 13, 2016
272 posts
353 upvotes
A wireless charger at $4, definitely worth a try
Nov 25, 2003
498 posts
156 upvotes
TXOHanzo wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 5:47 pm
$4 really nothing you can lose at this price great deal
You can loose $4 ;)
Oct 13, 2018
174 posts
186 upvotes
JoeStale wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 5:54 pm
Unless the wiring was done by the same guy who wrote the packaging. The coils can still fry your phone.
No sir , no no that's not how it works.
Coils can't "Fry" your phone or they would above been all over the news .
As a former cellphone repair tech , I can attest you that induction charging from a no name brand as a good as no name CE approved micro usb cable ( I am not talking about the speed of charging but rather the safety)

If this would above been regular wall charger than it would have been a different story .
Oct 13, 2018
174 posts
186 upvotes
recordman wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 10:12 pm
Some wireless chargers don't know how to stop after charging has reached full. It could lead to a warm/hot pad which would lessen the battery life. Someone could report back on this model, or take your chances on $4.

The charging IC is built inside your phone ( also called PMIC or Tristar/ Hydra on certain iPhones) and it knows very well when to stop.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)