Hot Deals

techspirit.ca

LG OLED C2 TV (55" @ $1400 and 65" @ $1600) (Certified Refurbished) - Techspirit.ca

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2023 1:02 pm
[OP]
Feb 23, 2008
264 posts
1047 upvotes
Montreal

LG OLED C2 TV (55" @ $1400 and 65" @ $1600) (Certified Refurbished) - Techspirit.ca

Deal Link:
Retailer:
techspirit.ca
LG OLED55C2PUA and OLED65C2PUA
(Certified Refurbished-6 Months Warranty)

55 inch: https://techspirit.ca/products/lg-55-4k ... s-warranty

65 inch: https://techspirit.ca/products/lg-65-4k ... s-warranty
Last edited by TomRFD on Dec 29th, 2022 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
34 replies
Penalty Box
Feb 24, 2018
24783 posts
32514 upvotes
I might get down voted for this but the Skyworh 65" was $999 new with a 2 year extended warranty option for $149.

I love the C2, but OLED refurbs don't inspire confidence. Pricing isn't that aggressive in light of being a refurb.

That said, some people are C2 diehards, and you've done well sharing with the community, OP.
Last edited by redflagdealsguy on Dec 29th, 2022 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
4000 posts
6256 upvotes
For those worried about warranty.. Look on purchasing these with credit cards that double /triple the warranty. Would definitely make things look more attractive.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
4000 posts
6256 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: I might get down voted for this but the Skyworh 65" was $999 new with a 2 year extended warranty option for $149.

I love the C2, but OLED refurbs don't inspire confidence. Pricing isn't that aggressive in light of being a refurb.

That said, some people are C2 diehards, and you've done well sharing with the community, OP.
Haha there's no downvote options on regular reply posts :p
Nov 16, 2018
106 posts
148 upvotes
For what it's worth, I bought a C7 refurb back in 2018 with a 90 day warranty and it's still going strong.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2017
1149 posts
929 upvotes
Factory direct has them listed at the same price. Difference being you could probably look at it in store before purchase
Mar 14, 2010
148 posts
79 upvotes
I wish there was a clearer background about what specific issues the TV had that were fixed or resolved so I would know what to look/watch out for. It makes me too cautious to consider this deal very seriously. The last time I purchased a refurbished item (a pricey/big computer monitor) it was a pretty big one and the issue (giant grey lines appearing) only appeared after using it for 30-45 minutes (so it was missed by whomever 'refurbished' it). The warranty would have involved me sending it back to Samsung for a significantly long period of time (and a headache to handle), and even the return wasn't particularly easy.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
1690 posts
670 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Anyone buy a TV from this store before ?
Jun 15, 2022
131 posts
200 upvotes
If you're patient, wait for Costco's promo get $300 on purchases of $2000+. That's the best (and only) deal on brand new C2.
Sep 30, 2012
225 posts
28 upvotes
Vaughan
polymorph wrote: If you're patient, wait for Costco's promo get $300 on purchases of $2000+. That's the best (and only) deal on brand new C2.
Question for those who got the Costco deal a month ago
I bought the 65” for $2297 and I got the $300 shop card from them (for the purchase over $2000)

The price has dropped by $100 now ($2197)
Can I get the price adjustment done and still keep my shop card because it’s over $2000 still

What if the price drops again in jan/Feb, can I do a second price adjustment?
Jun 6, 2005
694 posts
153 upvotes
renegadeavenger wrote: For those worried about warranty.. Look on purchasing these with credit cards that double /triple the warranty. Would definitely make things look more attractive.
Most credit card companies don’t do this for refurbished products. Learned the hard way when my refurb iPad went DOA (bought from the Apple Store). But Apple was kind enough to charge me the lowest repair cost (battery I think?) got a brand new one for like $100. Otherwise the cost would have been covered if it was brand new as I was past the 1 year warranty but within the 2nd year of purchase.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
4000 posts
6256 upvotes
bigred123 wrote: Most credit card companies don’t do this for refurbished products. Learned the hard way when my refurb iPad went DOA (bought from the Apple Store). But Apple was kind enough to charge me the lowest repair cost (battery I think?) got a brand new one for like $100. Otherwise the cost would have been covered if it was brand new as I was past the 1 year warranty but within the 2nd year of purchase.
There are some that actually cover refurbished or at least in their terms don't mention refurbs are not covered.

Rbc credit cards cover refurbs.

I claimed my refurb apple iPad not too long ago since it stopped turning on.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2452 posts
1294 upvotes
Ontario
Radioactivemann wrote: Question for those who got the Costco deal a month ago
I bought the 65” for $2297 and I got the $300 shop card from them (for the purchase over $2000)

The price has dropped by $100 now ($2197)
Can I get the price adjustment done and still keep my shop card because it’s over $2000 still

What if the price drops again in jan/Feb, can I do a second price adjustment?
You should be able to get $100 plus HST back as long as it is within the 30 day window, and since it is still over $2,000, there should be no effect on the shop card. However, Costco will only do price adjustment within 30 days of purchase, so you won't get further price adjustments in the new year.
Currently happy customer with Koodo and Virgin Mobile.
Sep 27, 2007
241 posts
235 upvotes
The 42C2 has been cheaper NEW...seems a bit bonkers to pay more just to play refurbished roulette.
Nov 28, 2022
27 posts
8 upvotes
Thanks OP, i just got the TV from their Brampton store.

65 inch for $1589 (with $10 discount coupon from their site), the TV is in prestige condition, and the manufacture date is Oct/2022.

Total Power on time = 0 Hours; not sure if the retailer can reset this.?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
4000 posts
6256 upvotes
BigToto wrote: Thanks OP, i just got the TV from their Brampton store.

65 inch for $1589 (with $10 discount coupon from their site), the TV is in prestige condition, and the manufacture date is Oct/2022.

Total Power on time = 0 Hours; not sure if the retailer can reset this.?
Probably got a unit that someone bought and returned.
Returned items aren't usually resold as new for some retailers, even when unopened. They just sell them as is to some refurb or liquidation company and then resold again to someone else.

Great deal and you got really lucky.
Last edited by renegadeavenger on Dec 31st, 2022 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 20, 2018
126 posts
226 upvotes
Vancouver
renegadeavenger wrote: For those worried about warranty.. Look on purchasing these with credit cards that double /triple the warranty. Would definitely make things look more attractive.
what might be worth considering is to ensurw the credit card does cover refurb items. my best friend got a refurb macbook and when he put in a claim to get it fixed after the manufacturer warranty was up. his cc claim was denied stating that the credit card extended warranty only covers new items and not refurbs. His card is from TD in case it matters
Nov 13, 2014
190 posts
143 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Mr. Snazzypants wrote: The 42C2 has been cheaper NEW...seems a bit bonkers to pay more just to play refurbished roulette.
How much cheaper have you seen it?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
4000 posts
6256 upvotes
SamS36369 wrote: what might be worth considering is to ensurw the credit card does cover refurb items. my best friend got a refurb macbook and when he put in a claim to get it fixed after the manufacturer warranty was up. his cc claim was denied stating that the credit card extended warranty only covers new items and not refurbs. His card is from TD in case it matters
Like I mentioned.. Rbc cc covers refurb. I recently claimed it for refurb ipad.

I know td ones doesn't because I have one too and their terms doesn't cover refurbs.

I looked up some other bank ones, some cover it too but only refurbs by the manufacturer directly. So check your card terms or look into signing up for one that does cover refurbs, could be handy.
Nov 28, 2022
27 posts
8 upvotes
renegadeavenger wrote: Like I mentioned.. Rbc cc covers refurb. I recently claimed it for refurb ipad.

I know td ones doesn't because I have one too and their terms doesn't cover refurbs.

I looked up some other bank ones, some cover it too but only refurbs by the manufacturer directly. So check your card terms or look into signing up for one that does cover refurbs, could be handy.
My rbc cc only cover refurbished with manufacture warranty.

In this case it is through the store, so the rbc won’t work neither.