Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
TekSavvy

Cable 25 unlimited for $30/month (West only)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2018 7:50 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2011
1692 posts
289 upvotes
Calgary
I just went with Can Com 25 for $30. I bought a router for $59 thru them and they supplied a used motorola modem (lol) but after I hooked it all up it appears to be working fine. I don't stream movies, so I don't think I need more than 25 Mbps. Anyways, it was working a day earlier than they said it would so I'm happy.
Mar 31, 2006
380 posts
251 upvotes
Edmonton
kotoula wrote: I just went with Can Com 25 for $30. I bought a router for $59 thru them and they supplied a used motorola modem (lol) but after I hooked it all up it appears to be working fine. I don't stream movies, so I don't think I need more than 25 Mbps. Anyways, it was working a day earlier than they said it would so I'm happy.
How did you get Can Com 25 for $30? Couldn't find that offer on their website:
Choose Your Internet
Basic 5 $25.00
BasicPlus 20 $35.00
Family 30 $43.00
Pro 75 $50.00
ProPlus 150 $70.00
Aug 15, 2003
744 posts
523 upvotes
frankyCrankie wrote: what about if i do telus/shaw student plan for 8 months, then cancel and switch to tekksavvy. might not get the promo anymore but it'll only be $5 extra per month. the $20 hardware credit is always a promo i find on their site.
That might not be a bad option. Could also go between Telus and Shaw for 3 months of promo pricing.

It made sense for us because I haven't found a noticeable difference going from 25 to 75. Unlimited vs capped for Telus would be an extra 15 a month. Shaw doesn't enforce a cap AFAIK, so would be ok staying with them, but had gone with Telus.

It also looks like you can book an install date months in advance with Teksavvy, so that might be worth a shot to combine with the student offers.
Aug 15, 2003
744 posts
523 upvotes
Last day for this deal, folks.
Aug 13, 2004
787 posts
246 upvotes
Vancouver
Already jaded in my opinion of Cannet -- the offer presented of $29.98 for 75/7.5 service is misleading. There is a mandatory Hardware service charge monthly whether you have your own modem or not and they won't waive it. What else have they hidden?
Mar 31, 2006
380 posts
251 upvotes
Edmonton
Looks like the offer is extended to Aug 31. I almost took this offer yesterday but Telus gave me a counter offer of $33 for 3 months (Internet 25). Guess I have to call Telus every 3 months.
Aug 15, 2003
744 posts
523 upvotes
macthehoser wrote: Looks like the offer is extended to Aug 31. I almost took this offer yesterday but Telus gave me a counter offer of $33 for 3 months (Internet 25). Guess I have to call Telus every 3 months.
Haven't canceled my Telus yet. Anyone else get any retention offers?
Nov 18, 2011
239 posts
74 upvotes
EDMONTON
macthehoser wrote: Looks like the offer is extended to Aug 31. I almost took this offer yesterday but Telus gave me a counter offer of $33 for 3 months (Internet 25). Guess I have to call Telus every 3 months.
Was this offer only valid for 3 months then it goes to the regular price?
Jul 12, 2015
447 posts
567 upvotes
How is the speed for just internet surfing, watching youtube and streaming movies online? Really tempted to finally move away from Shaw as I am paying over $100/month.
Aug 15, 2003
744 posts
523 upvotes
AlexiRos wrote: How is the speed for just internet surfing, watching youtube and streaming movies online? Really tempted to finally move away from Shaw as I am paying over $100/month.
Was on Telus 25 last year moving from Shaw 150 and I didn't notice much of a difference with 2 people streaming simultaneously. I think 4k streaming takes up about 15 Mbps, but 1080p should be fine for 3 or 4 simultaneous users.
Mar 31, 2006
380 posts
251 upvotes
Edmonton
cwangs wrote: Was this offer only valid for 3 months then it goes to the regular price?
Yes. You have to call Telus again in 3 month to cancel in order to get another retention offer. Usually Telus will offer you $X for 6 months or $Y for 3 months. (Y is less than X). I always choose the 3 months offer, knowing that I save some money and the employees in the retention department have their jobs secured a little bit because of my call. Win-win.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2684 posts
3199 upvotes
for those curious surf internet uses shaws infrustructure and is the same price. they are also available in Ontario now.
Jul 21, 2013
979 posts
661 upvotes
Calgary
karnige wrote: for those curious surf internet uses shaws infrustructure and is the same price. they are also available in Ontario now.
Partially true. You will use Shaw's last mile but then it will get all routed through Teksavvy.
Aug 15, 2003
744 posts
523 upvotes
Got this installed yesterday. Getting 28-29 down and 3 up pretty consistently from the Google Wifi speed tests.

Deal ends at the end of Aug. Keep in mind if you get the Technicolor TC4350, it's a modem only.
Jul 12, 2015
447 posts
567 upvotes
Just talked to TekSavvy chat. The offer has been extended to September 12th.

For those of you who got the rent to own TC4350 modem, are you pretty happy with it?
Aug 15, 2003
744 posts
523 upvotes
AlexiRos wrote: Just talked to TekSavvy chat. The offer has been extended to September 12th.

For those of you who got the rent to own TC4350 modem, are you pretty happy with it?
Last day to sign up! I've been using the TC4350 for almost a month now and have had no issues whatsoever.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)