[OP]
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
23932 posts
5577 upvotes
where I belong

TekSavvy Group Plan ($27.99 Premium) plz find 4 ppl for a group

Rates:
I had 2 options, I can become a reseller and I get commission for every person signed up, but I am not here for profit. So I am just creating the group, and the group rates are (BEFORE TAX PRICES)

$26.99 for Premium 200GB cap (down from $29.xx)
$36.99 for Unlimited no cap (down from $39.xx) <- apparently no group price for Unlimited

Premium will be $29.xx and Unlimited $39.xx starting Jan 1, 2008, for both NEW and EXISTING customers
Condition:
*** Need to have at least 4 users sign up FIRM ***
  • If you are already on TekSavvy and want to join/switch, it COUNTS as well (e.g. myself)
  • DRY LOOP COUNTS as well, the typical charges apply (install, band fee)
Group Name:
"We are no longer accepting any group applicants from RedFlagDeals. The intention of a group is for customers who are either relatives, friends or co-workers." - I didn't realize this, but had no intention to abuse it

But at this point I must say people should start forming their own groups of 5 or 10, to get the group price. This will serve as the FAQ
What To Do:
If you are new sign up
please put this in the Comments/Questions textbox in the new signup page (after putting your phone # in):
part of "GROUP_NAME" group

If you are already on TekSavvy
please call the toll-free number 1.877.779.1575 and ask them to put you on this group plan under the name "GROUP_NAME"
If any problem, ask for James in Sales, or any representative
What they do is to give your name/account to the accounting dept, and you will see the charges dropped starting the next billing cycle.

I am extremely happy with TekSavvy and I want everyone to enjoy the experience first
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K
1118 replies
Aug 2, 2004
567 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
+1 to you my friend.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
2305 posts
806 upvotes
sounds great..i'm currently a premium member and happy with their service and will try to join the group when i get home.

has anyone successfully joined yet?
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
3756 posts
10 upvotes
+ 1... what cheapo router can i get at Tigerdirect that would work with tekasavvy?

beside the cap, is there any other difference between the 2?

thanks
Paolo wrote:Why are they called the Olsen twins if they both have different last names? Mary Kate, and Ashley Olsen. Why are they not called the Kate Twins? or the Kate-Olsen twins? It's also fascinating how 2 kids from different parents looked identical and both played the role of baby michelle on full house and now 20 some years later, they still look identical.
THREE STARS AND A SUN
Aug 2, 2004
567 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
Just called and did it right now ... I heard another CSR in the background talking about the RFD group plan too! lol it was pretty funny.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
1470 posts
236 upvotes
burnt_toast wrote: + 1... what cheapo router can i get at Tigerdirect that would work with tekasavvy?

beside the cap, is there any other difference between the 2?

thanks
Get this, i have it, its great and you can go wrong of the price

2wire router

http://www.canadacomputers.com/main.php ... cid=NT.541
CPU Hardware: For Sale
Video Games: For Sale
Electronics: For Sale
Phones: For Sale
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
2305 posts
806 upvotes
Just called in and the gentleman helped me get my internet at home running again (scheduled maintenance on the 13th but my net never came back online. totally forgot i had a router and needed to reset it lol) and added me to the RFD group!

i love teksavvy!
Sep 10, 2004
553 posts
99 upvotes
Just getting off the phone from James about the group plan; according to him, a current subscriber, like myself cannot be added to the group unless it has referral from the plan initiator
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2005
1396 posts
17 upvotes
Markham
I'm interested! currently an unlimited user...plan to be an unlimited in the new year as well
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2002
1364 posts
163 upvotes
thepotatohead wrote: Just getting off the phone from James about the group plan; according to him, a current subscriber, like myself cannot be added to the group unless it has referral from the plan initiator
I would like to know how to go about this as I'm a current subscriber.. did he say if he needs a name/reference number?
Apr 10, 2006
378 posts
186 upvotes
Yeah same here. How can I, a current subscriber, get into this group plan.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
1396 posts
28 upvotes
Are they switching the plans? I thought unlimited was always $30???

If its now $37 for unlimited, I guess I'll join in on this too...
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
2305 posts
806 upvotes
the one wrote: I would like to know how to go about this as I'm a current subscriber.. did he say if he needs a name/reference number?
I switched from bell to teksavvy in september. I called in today and after the guy helped me get my internet back up (i was having problems), I asked him if he could also add my to the RedFlagDeals group...

he said sure, and a couple minutes later, he told me it was all done.
so I don't know why it isn't working for some
Jun 12, 2003
818 posts
36 upvotes
Markham
does this group price take effect after January? because the price for unlimited is still $29.99 for now
[OP]
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
23932 posts
5577 upvotes
where I belong
HUH wrote: does this group price take effect after January? because the price for unlimited is still $29.99 for now
For anyone behind on the update
Starting Jan 1, 2008, Unlimited will be $39.xx/month, up from the $29.xx/month now, while Premium remains $29.xx/month but increased to 200GB cap (from 100GB)

Tell TekSavvy "Jerry Hung" referred you, ha ha

As I mentioned, you should see the new group rate in effect starting NEXT BILLING CYCLE
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2006
5141 posts
56 upvotes
Richmond bc
how come in the west it's $30 for 3mbps? seems pricey to me
Jun 3, 2006
701 posts
102 upvotes
Markham
Thanks OP. I'm an existing customer and called in with no problems. Didn't need to have a referral.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33304 posts
7001 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Isn't their referral program a better deal? You refer a friend etc and you get $1 off your plan as long as the referal stays a customer.

So if you find 30 friends, your connection is free.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)