Expired Hot Deals

[Telehub] Telehub ON QC VDSL FTTN Internet 50MB $33.95 (reg $39.95) Free Install, Free Dryloop

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 5th, 2020 4:47 pm
Apr 8, 2015
918 posts
916 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
Nataq wrote: As the "Edit" in my above post :

They confirmed to me they still honor current subscriptions since they are still in the internet business, just not retail sales anymore (I guess it means sales to individuals...). Seems like those who got in got a good deal. Just hoping they stay alive for a long time...

You can consider this deal is dead though.
Well if they are a reseller that means they serve multiple ISPs. Them going down means all their other sub-contracteded resellers go down. Less likely then a single reseller going down. In any matter, my install date is today, hope Bell shows up.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7384 posts
1581 upvotes
Mont-Royal
should we group buy then?

anyone has contacted altima?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7384 posts
1581 upvotes
Mont-Royal
lol i was able to sign in with their videotron package as of today online via some google links
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Sep 2, 2014
350 posts
140 upvotes
L4cky wrote: lol i was able to sign in with their videotron package as of today online via some google links
probably they will cancel your order. keep us updated
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7384 posts
1581 upvotes
Mont-Royal
sammjm wrote: probably they will cancel your order. keep us updated
before i found out that loophole that hasnt been confirmed, i emailed them... i shouldnt have..

automated process is always the best way to get things done
- Training 101
Apr 8, 2015
918 posts
916 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
Installation went as scheduled, FTTN 50 getting that speed. Slight increase in lag and jitter from 4ms. Bell tech told me all this time i thought i had FTTH but it wasnt so.
Their modem is lightyears ahead of the old Bell Sagemcom that i had. It was reliable as hell but wifi speed was maxed at 7-8mbps on at 25-10 package. Now on the 50, im hitting almost 45 via wifi 2.4 or 5ghz. Unfortunately the modem doesnt have a feature that intelligently pushes 2.4 or 5 on the same SSID depending on where your device is. You have to manually manage it unless someone is aware of some software that can be installed on the modem itself.

Will try again sunday primetime congestion time to see if theres a diff
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7384 posts
1581 upvotes
Mont-Royal
superxxxstud wrote: Installation went as scheduled, FTTN 50 getting that speed. Slight increase in lag and jitter from 4ms. Bell tech told me all this time i thought i had FTTH but it wasnt so.
Their modem is lightyears ahead of the old Bell Sagemcom that i had. It was reliable as hell but wifi speed was maxed at 7-8mbps on at 25-10 package. Now on the 50, im hitting almost 45 via wifi 2.4 or 5ghz. Unfortunately the modem doesnt have a feature that intelligently pushes 2.4 or 5 on the same SSID depending on where your device is. You have to manually manage it unless someone is aware of some software that can be installed on the modem itself.

Will try again sunday primetime congestion time to see if theres a diff
nice
- Training 101
Aug 13, 2004
99 posts
93 upvotes
Montreal

I signed up for the FTTN 50.
Most of the time i have 50mbps,
But during primetime, i have high ping and lowered speed. (192ms ping sample taken sunday morning )
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7384 posts
1581 upvotes
Mont-Royal
hkxstyle wrote: Image

I signed up for the FTTN 50.
Most of the time i have 50mbps,
But during primetime, i have high ping and lowered speed. (192ms ping sample taken sunday morning )
Um.. I think your the only one experiencing downgrades during peak times.
- Training 101
Jan 14, 2015
12 posts
1 upvote
Montreal, QC
Bummer that they won't do retail sales anymore...

In case someone is interested, here's a summary of the delays :

May 14th : Signed up to their unlimited Cable 30 internet plan for Quebec (30 Mbps download speed, 10 Mbps upload speed) via PayPal
May 15th : Confirmation email from Telehub
May 22nd : Follow-up email from Telehub with a Canada Post tracking number for modem and installation date/time
May 23rd : Hitron modem received by mail
May 25th : Installation technician came by

For a monthly price of $45.94 (no contract), I'm very satisfied with the service! I haven't experienced any problems yet. My download speeds are between 29-34 Mbps with my own wireless router (Asus RT-AC1200 dual-band). My upload speeds are around 11 Mbps.

Thank you OP and everyone else!
Apr 8, 2015
918 posts
916 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
Yeah part of the fun is finding something good at great value and getting your friends and family onboard. I was willing to be the guinea pig but now just a solo happy camper. Still doing regular speed tests but always performed at peak speeds and low latency.

One thing that did happen is the bell tech that came in said the capacity of the copper wire is 93% with a 50-10 package and they dont recommend going that fast. Signal may drop (no fault of Telehub, just a physical limitation). Had I know that, I wouldve switched to cable on their 60 or 120 package.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7384 posts
1581 upvotes
Mont-Royal
Cooper means rj11?
- Training 101
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
2311 posts
935 upvotes
Quebec
L4cky wrote: Cooper means rj11?
RJ11 is the telephone line doesn't do anything with copper
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7384 posts
1581 upvotes
Mont-Royal
ratatapa wrote: RJ11 is the telephone line doesn't do anything with copper
How to bell connect to your house and then to the modem? or does bell connects to the modem directly? I thought Bell connect fiber to your phone line and you use ur modem to connect to ur home phone line, just like adsl2. correct me if im wrong, i have never experienced fiber
- Training 101
Aug 13, 2004
99 posts
93 upvotes
Montreal
L4cky wrote: Um.. I think your the only one experiencing downgrades during peak times.
I am currently in touch with Telehub Support.
I will post more update as the investigate it more.

Recently, some bell technician mistakenly cut my jumper, and i lost internet for a few days.
I manage to get a bell tech to come fix it, but since then i start to notice on the degradation of speed and ping.
It might be due to the wire quality or the repaired node setup.
I am not an expert in FTTN node tho.