Tags:
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2005
1105 posts
551 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Is Teletime a reputable retailer?

Is teletime a reputable retailer?

It seems they have much better pricing than big big retailers on TVs. These are unadvertised so call 'private deals' pricing. I went by Visions to see if they can do anything to match the price and Visions sales guy told me sometime they sell open box as brand new or sometime they sell units with serial number scratched off. I understand visions have an incentive to sell me but wondering if there's any truth to the Visions sales guys claims about Teletime?

I see they have multiple 5 star Google review but some people are calling them as fake reviews.
Last edited by TomRFD on Mar 29th, 2021 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
4 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19240 posts
17869 upvotes
GTA, ON
Use the RFD search function to look up Teletime. Teletime has been discussed over the years.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Jan 29, 2013
388 posts
373 upvotes
toronto
I bought two 55' Sony and Samsung Tvs and Kitchen aid appliances from them. All were brand new , great service , price matched, free delivery and no interest 6 months without any fees. They are easy to deal with and give good advise based on your needs.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
I haven't bought anything from them in ages but back in the 90s bought a good bit of stuff from them (well as good a bit of stuff as someone my age at the time could buy lol); them and the other one, TeleCity. Similar names, different shops.

They've both been around a pretty long time--since the 80s at least, they were always the place to go back then if you wanted to "deal"; mind you, at the time, places like Majestic/Adventure, and upcoming Future Shop, were willing to haggle to some degree as well, depending on location and salesperson. But the "Tele" places were usually better... Man how the world of electronics has changed, esp. with the likes of unscrupulous manufacturers that exercise strict pricing controls on their products, even outside of advertised pricing.

Anyway, Visions guys trash talk is probably just that, I think Teletime sells some OB/display models but I'm pretty sure they sell it stating that's the case. As for serial#s scratched off--LOL nah these places are authorised dealers of most if not all the stuff they sell. You can always check with the manufacturer but you should be safe. They aren't the flea market selling grey market stuff. I think it'd be tough for these places to stay around as long as they have without a large# of negative reviews, which I don't think you're going to find. In fact Visions there, probably has more negative reviews :lol:
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4963 posts
562 upvotes
GTA
Teletime sells used goods.... for brand new prices.
I caught them when I got my TV. Checked the internal settings and it had been on for 1000 hours already!

Ya.. all those reviews are fake.. just like most stores.