Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
-$50
Retailer:
Teletime
More offers from Teletime
Listed Price on Teletime Website: $1499.99
After calling and explaining $1299.99 on Bestbuy site (even though it was OOS), he gave it to me for $1249.99 + HST for pickup.

All in came to $1412.49.

I've been torn between the Sony X900F, Sony X950G, Q70R and Q80R for a while. Took a look at the prices and it appears the Q70R and Q80R appeared the same price but the Q80R had the edge in the viewing angle. Not a HOT deal, but for in need of an upgrade - this is still better than the Best Buy + 1% Ebates Cash Back or Visions price. Not sure if this PM works for shipping as well.

The only down side is there seem to be only 3 locations - Brampton, Etobicoke and Markham. I'm close to the Markham location and pickup was easy.

Warranty is 1 year, runs Tizen 5.0. I just unboxed mine yesterday and I'm very happy with it. Strong upgrade from my 40 inch UHD.

Teletime site also mentions
+ Extended No Interest Financing
+1 Year Free Extra Warranty (on top of manufacturer's warranty) <--- Ask the rep, stated not applicable for this TV, as only for certain TV's.
+ Free Delivery within 24 Hrs in Select Areas
+ 60 Days Price Protection*

q80r.PNG
Pricematch Sites:
Visions - $1298 https://www.visions.ca/product-detail/4 ... ku=QN55Q80
Bestbuy - $1299 (OOS) https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/sa ... c/13407277

Spec Sheet: https://image-us.samsung.com/SamsungUS/ ... 031519.pdf
3 replies
Mar 1, 2019
2 posts
1 upvote
Having worked in TV sales, I can definitely say you got a solid deal - most people wouldn't appreciate the difference between an entry-level QLED/8-series Sony and the mid-upper tier models, but if you're someone who can appreciate the improvements then the q80r for $1250 is a wicked deal
May 31, 2015
2 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
Thanks @solariseclipse ! I ended up getting the last 55" last night :) I've been eyeing the TV ever since I missed the $1599 deal on Black Friday from Bestbuy and this trumped that! I had no interest in the new Q80T since it's basically at Q70R and not on the same level at the Q80R.

Also a shout out to Teletime. Both pricematch sites were OOS or back to the original price and they still did what they could to cut me a deal.

Now to find a speaker system for this haha
[OP]
Aug 20, 2007
63 posts
196 upvotes
Markham
rainraincity wrote: Thanks @solariseclipse ! I ended up getting the last 55" last night :) I've been eyeing the TV ever since I missed the $1599 deal on Black Friday from Bestbuy and this trumped that! I had no interest in the new Q80T since it's basically at Q70R and not on the same level at the Q80R.

Also a shout out to Teletime. Both pricematch sites were OOS or back to the original price and they still did what they could to cut me a deal.

Now to find a speaker system for this haha
Glad you got it! To be fair, the guy I PM'd was also OOS but he did the same for me regardless. So far I'm extremely happy with Teletime and surprised I have not used them previously.

Where did you end up price matching from for the record? I could update the thread with that info if you don't mind sharing!

Final note, this has to be the best TV I've gotten so far in terms of quality and value - the viewing angle is also amaaaazing