Mississauga, ONB

[Teletime] Sony 65x900f Black Friday pricing available now

Price:
$1799
Retailer:
Teletime
More offers from Teletime
Not sure if this is a repost or old news but got emailed pricing:
We're offering you this 65" Sony TV at our early Black Friday promotional price of $1799.99 plus taxes, and for an additional $249.99 plus taxes you'll receive a 4yr warranty coverage. If you're interested in this great offer, please contact me at your earliest opportunity.
Obviously pricing is not advertised on website so no price matching available
233 replies
Apr 18, 2008
356 posts
413 upvotes
BC
So what's the chances this'll happen at Costco?
C'mooooonnnnn Costco!

Nothing hurts quite like OOS.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
2088 posts
274 upvotes
any idea on the 85" price?
[OP]
Dec 21, 2010
23 posts
11 upvotes
Mississauga, ONB
MandomRix wrote:
Nov 13th, 2018 5:57 pm
So what's the chances this'll happen at Costco?
C'mooooonnnnn Costco!
Last week they had it at 1999 for a couple days then jacked it to 2299, doubt they'll beat teletime pricing but here's to hoping!
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
2668 posts
1481 upvotes
Vancouver
major retailers probably will have it 10% higher. That was the trend last year so you got to consider buying from teletime or the other smaller retailers vs paying 10% premium and buying at BB/Costco/Visions/etc. You might get lucky and one of them will price match but the problem with that is teletime generally won't advertise the price.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4076 posts
1387 upvotes
Definitely a repost or maybe that was for the 55”

There are so many postings in so many different areas and threads right now it’s hard to keep track
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4076 posts
1387 upvotes
75”
Thank you for your inquiry!

We're offering you this 75" Sony TV at our early Black Friday promotional price of $3199.99 plus taxes, and for an additional $299.99 plus taxes you'll receive a3yr warranty coverage. If you're interested in this great offer, please contact me at your earliest opportunity.
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
Jul 1, 2015
42 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
I bought the 65" for $1999 from Costco on Sunday. $99 for +3 years of warranty. So if you want the warranty Costco may be better ($2400 all in) for 5 years of warranty versus $2350 from Teletime for 4 years of manufacturer warranty.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
2921 posts
2552 upvotes
Ottawa
ethanpurdy wrote:
Nov 13th, 2018 7:59 pm
I bought the 65" for $1999 from Costco on Sunday. $99 for +3 years of warranty. So if you want the warranty Costco may be better ($2400 all in) for 5 years of warranty versus $2350 from Teletime for 4 years of manufacturer warranty.
A lot of people say Teletime's warranty is bogus. I'd avoid if you expect to do an exchange or two in order to get close to perfection.

Related to the discussion... a lot of people say that Android TV is sluggishly slow. Some people's action menu taking as much as 10 seconds before it will pop up... but mine has been very fast. Maybe it's the newest update that ironed things out. Something to worth noting since a lot of people have problems with Sony's Android TV UI. So far I've been pleased, and it's a lot more robust than Roku.
SigBro wrote: As for the free/not free games, it's a lost cause for anyone trying to have a discussion with you about it because there's always a twinge of rage in your comments if one person sees it one way and you see it another and don't agree with it.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
2668 posts
1481 upvotes
Vancouver
Batarang wrote:
Nov 14th, 2018 1:01 am
A lot of people say Teletime's warranty is bogus. I'd avoid if you expect to do an exchange or two in order to get close to perfection.

Related to the discussion... a lot of people say that Android TV is sluggishly slow. Some people's action menu taking as much as 10 seconds before it will pop up... but mine has been very fast. Maybe it's the newest update that ironed things out. Something to worth noting since a lot of people have problems with Sony's Android TV UI. So far I've been pleased, and it's a lot more robust than Roku.
It seems like the experience changes depending on which firmware you're on. Last year, it started out fast then got slower, then got faster again after updates. Sony does support their tv for a while tho and it seems like overall, the experience does get better with later firmwares. I think i just got another update a couple weeks ago.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
7209 posts
599 upvotes
boldventure wrote:
Nov 13th, 2018 7:50 pm
isn't this more expensive than the current offer which is 1,975.23 all in?
sony-x900f-
That thread looks like for 55", this one is for 65, but they should really be consolidated....
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.
Nov 6, 2018
15 posts
1 upvote
I checked the sony official website of authorized dealers and TELETIME SUPERSTORE is one of the ones that they listed. If this is the case, why does everyone worry about buying stuff from teletime when you are guaranteed a 1 yr manufacturing warranty at the very least?

Can someone explain? Im hearing that their own warranty is shady - anyone got fine print to read?
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
2088 posts
274 upvotes
Anyone from montreal ever order from Teletime? do they charge gst/pst or just gst and did they have a good experience?
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1301 posts
253 upvotes
Happy13178 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2018 7:27 am
That thread looks like for 55", this one is for 65, but they should really be consolidated....
Yes but the post he linked to shows someone purchasing 65" for 1975 all in ..
s4kandol wrote:
Nov 14th, 2018 12:37 pm
I checked the sony official website of authorized dealers and TELETIME SUPERSTORE is one of the ones that they listed. If this is the case, why does everyone worry about buying stuff from teletime when you are guaranteed a 1 yr manufacturing warranty at the very least?

Can someone explain? Im hearing that their own warranty is shady - anyone got fine print to read?
I think they are referring to the extended third party warranty they are selling, not questioning the original manufacturer warranty