Request-A-Deal

Television deals under $400

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 31st, 2020 6:47 am
Dec 27, 2020
9 posts
1 upvote

Television deals under $400

Looking for 50 or 55 inch smart TV deals under $400. No brand preference.

Considering TCL 55 inches Android TV from Best buy for $399, but I'm not sure if the price is worth for that TV because most reviews posted in late October mention that it was purchased for $200 or $250. Wondering if I need to buy a TV worth $250 paying $400.

TCL costco deal seems to be good, but it exceeds the budget by 30% at a minimum.

Came across westinghouse for $330 in Canadian tire, but that seems to be for 58 inches and might become too big.

Any other options or any thoughts on above deals?
2 replies
Jun 2, 2006
903 posts
303 upvotes
Mississauga
canredflagger wrote: Considering TCL 55 inches Android TV from Best buy for $399, but I'm not sure if the price is worth for that TV because most reviews posted in late October mention that it was purchased for $200 or $250. Wondering if I need to buy a TV worth $250 paying $400.
Are you sure those reviews were not from "Best Buy (US)" Best buy Canada website posts reviews from the US as well in the Canadian website. $200 (CAN) seems too low, considering the cost of manufacturing/shipping/etc for an item that large (55" TV). Maybe I'm wrong.
Jun 2, 2006
903 posts
303 upvotes
Mississauga
Is this going to be your primary tv?

If so, I would recommend going for the TCL 5 series QLED.

Personally, I spend (ie I don’t cheap out) on things I use everyday (ie. Mattress, TV, computer...etc.) If you are going to use the TV daily, it’s better to make sure it’s a decent TV.

If it’s something that I will use in a blue moon (ie. dress shoes that I will wear 1-2 times a year max, or snowblower etc.) then I will be more stingy with my money.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)