Computers & Electronics

Tell me your all favorite Earphones for Music?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2019 12:41 pm
[OP]
Nov 30, 2017
288 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto

Tell me your all favorite Earphones for Music?

Hi,

As always struggling to put my finger down on a decent earbuds for Music.
While I'm no audiophile and know what to expect with my budget, I'm looking for recommendations for the best audio quality given my budget of ~$50. Tried many pairs off Amazon in the $20-$30s range. Mostly meh but some semi decent ones. Hence the will to go higher.

Don't mind wired or wireless (can even go a bit higher $ for wireless), the most important factor for me is great sound quality at that price range, and a microphone for calls.
What has been your experiences?

Earphones only (no headphones).
9 replies
Dec 6, 2012
434 posts
208 upvotes
Montréal, QC
I bought Betron BS10 from amazon (.com when they were $10), they sound incredible for the price
[OP]
Nov 30, 2017
288 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto
Magister wrote: I bought Betron BS10 from amazon (.com when they were $10), they sound incredible for the price
Looks interesting, thanks.
Can you confirm whether they have a mic? Description is vague.
I thought Amazon.com doesn't deliver to Canada (Toronto)?
Dec 6, 2012
434 posts
208 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Yes there is a mic, I ordered from amazon.com no problem a few months ago with a lot of RV stuffs that are half the price, even with import fee.
They are backordered it seems on .com
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7635 posts
5142 upvotes
Canada
Sony XB50AP get good reviews in that price range

$29 at TheSource right now
Nov 28, 2011
858 posts
372 upvotes
Markham
RFDQ1016 wrote: Sony XB50AP get good reviews in that price range

$29 at TheSource right now
+1
excellent set for the price
[OP]
Nov 30, 2017
288 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto
bartium wrote: +1
excellent set for the price
This is the pair I'm currently using; not a big fan.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
17462 posts
10243 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
If you are looking for bang for your buck, have a look at some of the many 'chi-fi' IEMs/earphones that have recently flooded the marketplace. Many of them are in the exact price range you are looking at and offer good value for the money.
[OP]
Nov 30, 2017
288 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto
Havo wrote: Maybe look into the Shure se112. I've owned the e4c and se535. They have lasted me 5 years+ each. Warranty has also been very good.
These look promising, though a bit pricey! I ordered a pair of the Betron BS10 suggested in the thread. Will see how I get on with those before making the move to the next price range.
craftsman wrote: If you are looking for bang for your buck, have a look at some of the many 'chi-fi' IEMs/earphones that have recently flooded the marketplace. Many of them are in the exact price range you are looking at and offer good value for the money.
Thanks for the tip. Will keep it in mind for the next pair.