Shopping Discussion

Tell Your MP to lower the prices (for internet and cell phone services)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2020 4:36 am
[OP]
Oct 18, 2019
178 posts
84 upvotes
GTA West

Tell Your MP to lower the prices (for internet and cell phone services)

Hello... It took me less than a minute to fill this out and to tell my MP to lower our prices for internet and cell phone services, come on people lets all get aboard and tell them. Just fill out the details on website below

https://paylesstoconnect.ca/
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jan 31st, 2020 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added detail to title for clarity
Thread Summary
name, email, postal code
19 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13377 posts
8344 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
ok

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Feb 4, 2011
479 posts
264 upvotes
Sure, but what is the target price for internet and cellphone?
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
4207 posts
1096 upvotes
We need a site for less for cars, rent/mortgage, food, clothes, etc. I want to pay the minimum for everything I use.

Disclaimer: I have shares in Rogers, Shaw, and Telus. If you can't beat them, join them I say!
Last edited by recordman on Jan 31st, 2020 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
signature closed for renovation
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
3447 posts
1738 upvotes
Waterloo
While this sounds nice and dandy...will it actually achieve anything?

"Look MP, we've got XX number of people who want to lower their internet and cell phone bills".

If I'm an MP, I'd be thinking "well no shit, if you asked people if they wanted to lower prices on anything of course they'll say yes :facepalm:"
Feb 4, 2011
479 posts
264 upvotes
recordman wrote: We need a site for less for cars, rent/mortgage, food, clothes, etc. I want to pay the minimum for everything I use.
Lol employers would want a site too
Feb 4, 2011
479 posts
264 upvotes
crystallight wrote: While this sounds nice and dandy...will it actually achieve anything?

"Look MP, we've got XX number of people who want to lower their internet and cell phone bills".

If I'm an MP, I'd be thinking "well no shit, if you asked people if they wanted to lower prices on anything of course they'll say yes :facepalm:"
And how do we define lower price?
[OP]
Oct 18, 2019
178 posts
84 upvotes
GTA West
Guys, everybody knows in government we want lower prices that obvious but if we don't say nothing its actually the big 3 now tell government they want it to go back up again, if we say nothing guess the big 3 will win, is that what you want? And what does it hurt to fill out the form under one minute. it's the same as why bother voting if you feel nothing going to happen
Last edited by Sonofman on Feb 1st, 2020 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
8315 posts
3763 upvotes
Markham
We vote by feet. We switch and "win back"
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1894 posts
1812 upvotes
been paying less and getting more data, every year after year.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2018
1555 posts
1503 upvotes
GTA
Why not just use 3rd party providers like CarryTel or TekSavvy. They usually charge half the price of the big telecoms for the same service. My service outages actually decreased when I went from Bell to CarryTel. With 87% of Canadians using these big telecoms they have done a great job in scaring Canadians away from using other providers.
[OP]
Oct 18, 2019
178 posts
84 upvotes
GTA West
DaveTheDude wrote: Why not just use 3rd party providers like CarryTel or TekSavvy. They usually charge half the price of the big telecoms for the same service. My service outages actually decreased when I went from Bell to CarryTel. With 87% of Canadians using these big telecoms they have done a great job in scaring Canadians away from using other providers.
Well dave, if you fill that form you will see what Teksavvy will do for you in an email
Last edited by Sonofman on Feb 1st, 2020 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2018
1555 posts
1503 upvotes
GTA
Sonofman wrote: Well dave, if you fill that forum you will see what Teksavvy will do for you in an email
I am guessing you mean the form that TekSavvy is sponsoring in your link.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
12528 posts
1989 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
crystallight wrote: While this sounds nice and dandy...will it actually achieve anything?

Probably not, but it takes less time to fill in that 4-field form (first name, last name, email address, postal code) than it took for you to write your reply (and took less time than it took for me to write this reply). So what do you think is better?

Just reading a reply here takes more time than to fill in the form :D .
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
33995 posts
19843 upvotes
Ottawa
Paying $34.99/month for gigabit... how much cheaper can it go?
I'll continue playing the cancellation game to get these prices.