Expired Hot Deals

[Telus Mobility] $0 Samsung S7 on Small Business Plan - 2yr - $300 port-in + $400 hw credit

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 8th, 2016 12:37 pm
[OP]
Oct 25, 2011
384 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto

[Telus Mobility] $0 Samsung S7 on Small Business Plan - 2yr - $300 port-in + $400 hw credit

More offers from Telus Mobility
This deal is only applicable when you transfer over to Telus's small business plan.

I called telus and a store to confirm. This is the email sent from the sales rep.
min. 2 lines
[QUOTE]I can offer you the Samsung Galaxy S7 for 0$ (including 400$ hardware credit)on a 2 year term + 300$ port in credit per device.

Until April 30, 2016, get started with Unlimited Nationwide minutes and 4GB of shareable data 1 for $100/month on a 2-yr term. EDIT: +$55 per additional line
[/QUOTE]

I stuck with rogers in the end, but for anyone who's looking to make the switch and have an early upgrade fee of less than $300, it is a HOT DEAL.

I was about to make the switch after telus gave me this offer, but I thought I'd try rogers again and see if they would match it and yup, 5 phone calls later, they matched it.
9 replies
May 21, 2015
6 posts
2 upvotes
Surrey, BC
This is absolutely not true this month.
Telus had this offer on the S7 only for the final weekend of march on business plans (with valid business number) IF (2) or more people activated at the sametime on $65+ plans.

If you can get ANY carrier to match those expired promo discounts then I say go for it!
[OP]
Oct 25, 2011
384 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
MichaelMyers1978 wrote: This is absolutely not true this month.
Telus had this offer on the S7 only for the final weekend of march on business plans (with valid business number) IF (2) or more people activated at the sametime on $65+ plans.

If you can get ANY carrier to match those expired promo discounts then I say go for it!
Sorry, yes forgot to mention 2 or more with the $65 or the shared everything plan. as for valid bus number, i dont think they check. you can't tell if the previous numbers are business numbers. the $300 + $400 is still on going when i called today. i can't say the same if it is like that in B.C.

So what happened with Rogers and why they price matched is because of the first sales rep.
Call 1: threatened to cancel and told them how telus is offering me $100 s7 + $300 port in credit. He matched and made notes stating $99 S7, $300 bill credit, $50 early upgrade fee discount
Call 2: Said the offer was too generous, transferred me to the retention department. the lady refused and said the same thing and told me to cancel because the deal is ridiculous to match. I hung up.
Call 3: I explained to her what happened with the last 2 calls, she said they have to honor the deal if the deal is made. Only applies to 1 line and waived 2nd line early upgrade fee $200. but didn't input the notes properly.

Called telus and got the deal + email. called a store to confirm. Was about to make the move and then i thought i call them again.

Call 4: right to retention. Line got cut mid way through getting it approved

Call 5: explained the $0 s7 + $300 porting credit and what happened in the last 4 calls, waited for 20 mins and the match got approved. she said we will do it as a good will.
All together I got $300 bill credit x2, $300 hardware credit x2, waived early cancellation $200 x1 (they forgot it was applied lol). I guess i got lucky.
Hellfire wrote: Canada wide or ontario only?
I would assume ontario only? give them a call and see. forgot to mention it has to be min 2 lines.
May 21, 2015
6 posts
2 upvotes
Surrey, BC
Wow, you got quite the steal. Im out in BC so the promos are different here.
Mar 18, 2007
352 posts
121 upvotes
The TELUS plan, is that $100 per phone or for both?
[OP]
Oct 25, 2011
384 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
thollhem wrote: The TELUS plan, is that $100 per phone or for both?
first line and $55 for the 2nd line.
Apr 22, 2005
414 posts
191 upvotes
Maple
If you don't use a lot of minutes, you can take advantage of their $65 promo plan.

350 mins + 2gb per line
$65 for each line

So, for 2 lines you pay $130/mth and get:
700 shared mins
4gb shared data
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
14036 posts
4131 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Another reason why I'd be stuck on my Bell Small Business Plan forever, since I'm paying $140 after tax for 2 lines, with 6GB of data x 2, and 900 shared minutes.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2006
2101 posts
228 upvotes
OTTAWA, Canada
Rogido wrote: Another reason why I'd be stuck on my Bell Small Business Plan forever, since I'm paying $140 after tax for 2 lines, with 6GB of data x 2, and 900 shared minutes.
Same here.. been buying my iphones outright...