Expired Hot Deals

[Telus] 1 year free prime with purchase of select Amazon Echo product (in store, from $129.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 17th, 2019 10:03 am
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
13824 posts
2672 upvotes
GoKartRacer wrote:
Feb 25th, 2019 5:01 pm
Don't flame me but I know you are all thinking this - is buy and return possible?
Diafel wrote:
Feb 25th, 2019 5:10 pm
Yes and Telus has a very generous return policy where they let you keep gifts.
And this is a good way for them to change this policy.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
10263 posts
1141 upvotes
so if i get the cheapest echo dot, then i will get one year amazon prime for free?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Apr 23, 2014
985 posts
341 upvotes
GTA, ON
kiasu wrote:
Feb 26th, 2019 10:32 am
so if i get the cheapest echo dot, then i will get one year amazon prime for free?
No, according to OP and Post#12
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
6691 posts
2816 upvotes
ON
kiasu wrote:
Feb 26th, 2019 10:23 am
How much is the cheapest echo?
129.99 for the Echo 2nd gen as in my post above ...
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2006
1352 posts
290 upvotes
Why the downvotes? I'm not totally up to speed (ok... not at all up to speed actually) on devices like these... My Prime membership is about to expire in a few days and I was going to renew anyway. Wouldn't the $129.99 speaker be a pretty good no brainer if you wanted to get into that space especially considering I have a Fire Stick as well (basic version if that matters)? Or still not worth the $50 extra as speaker & Alexa device?
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1580 posts
957 upvotes
Nethervue wrote:
Feb 26th, 2019 11:52 am
Why the downvotes? I'm not totally up to speed (ok... not at all up to speed actually) on devices like these... My Prime membership is about to expire in a few days and I was going to renew anyway. Wouldn't the $129.99 speaker be a pretty good no brainer if you wanted to get into that space especially considering I have a Fire Stick as well (basic version if that matters)? Or still not worth the $50 extra as speaker & Alexa device?
No time machine but probably because alot of us got free speakers and prime memberships a couple years ago.
May 26, 2007
732 posts
253 upvotes
covenant9 wrote:
Feb 26th, 2019 9:52 am
FYI....according to the store fine print, it could take "up to 30 days" to receive the code via e-mail.

I wanted to pick up an Echo anyway so I purchased one yesterday and filled out the form to receive the free year of Prime. They didn't mention any delay at the time. When I didn't receive a code within a few hours, I called the store and they told me they had just read about it on their memo for the promotion.
be careful the last time time I did the promo, I waited 3 weeks and didn't get it. After calling and asking where it was several times over the course of weeks the final answer I got is that they ran out of codes so they were not providing anymore on last day to return echo plus which I did.
Nov 17, 2006
36 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
insomnia77 wrote:
Feb 26th, 2019 12:04 pm
be careful the last time time I did the promo, I waited 3 weeks and didn't get it. After calling and asking where it was several times over the course of weeks the final answer I got is that they ran out of codes so they were not providing anymore on last day to return echo plus which I did.
Thanks for the heads up. Not sure what to do about that. Call head office and confirm?

Based on the employee knowledge level regarding the promotion, it appears that it just started.
Dec 27, 2007
17284 posts
8332 upvotes
Kitchener
Lone_Prodigy wrote:
Feb 26th, 2019 10:31 am
And this is a good way for them to change this policy.
Why change the policy when you can push everyone till "past" the return policy?
covenant9 wrote:
FYI....according to the store fine print, it could take "up to 30 days" to receive the code via e-mail.

I wanted to pick up an Echo anyway so I purchased one yesterday and filled out the form to receive the free year of Prime. They didn't mention any delay at the time. When I didn't receive a code within a few hours, I called the store and they told me they had just read about it on their memo for the promotion.
I think the last time the promo was on it was up to 5 business days, so they might have caught up on the return policy abuse.
Dec 27, 2007
17284 posts
8332 upvotes
Kitchener
Chewfam wrote:
Feb 26th, 2019 11:59 am
No time machine but probably because alot of us got free speakers and prime memberships a couple years ago.
That doesn't count to be honest, it was a glitch that didn't apply to everyone who ordered (me included Disappointed But Relieved Face)
Dec 27, 2007
17284 posts
8332 upvotes
Kitchener
Nethervue wrote:
Wouldn't the $129.99 speaker be a pretty good no brainer if you wanted to get into that space especially considering I have a Fire Stick as well (basic version if that matters)? Or still not worth the $50 extra as speaker & Alexa device?
It's worth it, but the last time the promo coincided with a sale on Amazon devices at Telus ($100 for the echo, so it ended being $20 with the prime membership factored out).
Sep 19, 2008
595 posts
212 upvotes
Calgary
covenant9 wrote:

Has anyone got their code right away?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
2951 posts
2284 upvotes
Muskoka
Nethervue wrote:
You could just renew at the monthly rate for now then enter the code when you get it. Amazon is smart enough such that the free code will not start until your current membership expires. I hoped on this last year. I like the Echo.
Koodo
Public Mobile
Nov 23, 2012
11 posts
3 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
I don’t see this deal advertised anymore on Telus’ site. Is that a sign that they’ve run out of Prime codes?
Dec 12, 2018
5 posts
2 upvotes
FYI - purchased Echo Gen 2 in store Feb 17th was emailed prime code today.