None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2005
1740 posts
1229 upvotes

[Telus] Telus $15 Unlimited Email and Web

http://thefutureisleaked.blogspot.com/2 ... nched.html

Has been confirmed on some other forums and people have already been offered this option.
Obviously the exact details will need to be worked out (what can be downloaded and viewed etc), but the fact that you can use this with the Pearl, Touch or other devices makes things a lot more interesting.

So, if you're with Telus and were discouraged with the news from Bell, call the Telus retention office in the link above and get your own unlimited web.

Let the data war continue!
Share:
93 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2005
5249 posts
178 upvotes
Mississauga
they created a special website just for this...must be an rfd'r :lol:
Jul 11, 2004
938 posts
217 upvotes
If this is legit...the war has begun. It'll be interesting to see what Roger's will offer.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2386 posts
1687 upvotes
YYZ
wow.. hope this is leigt jsut to see if i can get more out of rogers
May 1, 2005
395 posts
1 upvote
Since Rogers has been doing very well the past couple of quarters, it doesn't seem to crazy to think Telus might strike with something like this.

I'm hoping things get out of hand and these guys start rolling unlimited data plans into their basic bundles.
Oct 22, 2001
348 posts
182 upvotes
Toronto
Exciting!
News like this makes me hold off on the HTC offer from Bell.
My contract with Rogers doesn't end until Feb. Still have some time to shop around :lol:

*PS - looking forward to ditching Rogers!
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2003
4772 posts
42 upvotes
thanks for the heads up!
"Illegitimi non carborundum" --Latin Proverb

If you want to do something good for your soul, and your own sense of self-worth, help someone secretly and never tell them or anyone else, ever.

Hot deal?

:evil: AVOID ByoLogyc products such as ByoMate!
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2002
2628 posts
554 upvotes
Burlington
growler wrote: It'll be interesting to see what Roger's will offer.
Don't hold your breath.
Not your standard VoIP. Different and novel options & advice for my RFD friends.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2004
2367 posts
149 upvotes
growler wrote: If this is legit...the war has begun. It'll be interesting to see what Roger's will offer.
+1
Jul 17, 2007
317 posts
34 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Arkaine wrote: http://thefutureisleaked.blogspot.com/2 ... nched.html

Has been confirmed on some other forums and people have already been offered this option.
Obviously the exact details will need to be worked out (what can be downloaded and viewed etc), but the fact that you can use this with the Pearl, Touch or other devices makes things a lot more interesting.

So, if you're with Telus and were discouraged with the news from Bell, call the Telus retention office in the link above and get your own unlimited web.

Let the data war continue!
http://www.telusmobility.com/on/plans/p ... ones.shtml

this?
Banned
Sep 2, 2006
5645 posts
2 upvotes
Seems like a smoking hot deal
ItemFinder wrote: Let me point out that the only people that like China are the mainlanders. Chinese from elsewhere refuse to be associated with China.
I always knew you were a genius.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
1543 posts
394 upvotes
Oh god! I was ready ton sign with Bell for 3 years. If this is true then Rogers - hopefully - will offer something comparable soon
Aug 16, 2005
376 posts
1 upvote
Please see the fine print. This is an add-on to the voice plan at least $30 per month.

*Offer available until December 31, 2007. Available as an add-on to voice rate plans with a plan rate of $30 or greater on the HTC Touch, HTC S720 and BlackBerry
Dec 15, 2005
51 posts
3 upvotes
But this Telus offer has no browsing component to it -- just email / IM. For me, this is not at all comparable.
Apr 3, 2005
308 posts
2 upvotes
Mississauga
This is quite useless on the pearl as its only PIN to PIN messaging... It essentially is Rogers unlimited $15 email plan + 7$ unlimited data on touch with bell...

[quote="himanlam" post_id="5969174" time="1195713260" user_id="28238"]Please see the fine print. This is an add-on to the voice plan at least $30 per month.

*Offer available until December 31, 2007. Available as an add-on to voice rate plans with a plan rate of $30 or greater on the HTC Touch, HTC S720 and BlackBerry
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1023 upvotes
Arkaine wrote: [url]
Has been confirmed on some other forums
What are these other sites?
dealsoutlook wrote: they created a special website just for this...must be an rfd'r :lol:
Agreed. I'm wondering if RFD want to set that sort of precedent by allowing this post to go uncensored (aka I'm not sure Derek/Ryan would want some fat naked bastard posting hot deals in a jpg with a word bubble and his fat naked self ;) )
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812
Mar 4, 2006
493 posts
34 upvotes
Casper wrote: Don't hold your breath.
I agree, untill we have some GSM competition again Rogers doesn't really care.
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
19536 posts
2177 upvotes
lockec wrote: I agree, untill we have some GSM competition again Rogers doesn't really care.
This isn't really true. The people who want data are no longer just business people, but teens and young people who want to use email / IM / full web without worrying about data charges. And non-business travelers have little use for GSM since they rarely go outside NA.
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
19536 posts
2177 upvotes
PatrickS wrote: But this Telus offer has no browsing component to it -- just email / IM. For me, this is not at all comparable.
if it has unlimtied email / IM it also has unlimited web.

What they are saying is it has unlimited 1x data.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)