Expired Hot Deals

[Telus] 20GB for $65 BYOD No Contract (YMMV) (Telus Internet Clients Only)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 27th, 2020 10:52 am
[OP]
Jan 26, 2015
16 posts
183 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Telus] 20GB for $65 BYOD No Contract (YMMV) (Telus Internet Clients Only)

If you are in Vancouver, BC then read on as this may be for you. YMMV.

NOTE: This is ONLY if you already have Telus Internet but NEVER with Telus Mobility.

Just walked by a Telus Kiosk (near Uniqlo) in Richmond Centre and saw they are advertising a 20gb plan for $65. BYOD. No Contract. Unlimited talk and text. New customers only.

Had a chat with a few reps and said it’s exclusive to this kiosk only as they are a marketing company for Telus hence they can be more aggressive. Ends tomorrow. This is a Lunar New Year promo.

Just walked to the Telus store in the same mall and they’re offering 20gb for $75. They were surprised when I showed them the photo.

I’m calling Koodo retention before I may port out. Worth checking it out. Best of luck if you are in GVR!
Images
  • 8AD55DAB-AE66-4196-9226-15210AEE54AD.jpeg
Last edited by derekdeals on Jan 25th, 2020 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
17 replies
Mar 16, 2018
501 posts
484 upvotes
Hamilton
I think the execs are happy to convince people on $50 plans to "upgrade" to a $65 plan since the cost for them to provide for data is essentially zero. Apparently Telus's ARPU is $60, so this is a big win for them! I think people need to be focused on the monthly cost if we want fair mobile plans, not the data.
Last edited by ownthesky on Jan 25th, 2020 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
8404 posts
3956 upvotes
MVRD
Will likely head out to the Telus location near me tomorrow...hope it's not store location specific.
Jun 22, 2007
79 posts
77 upvotes
Markham
This is not only Vancouver. As i posted in the koodo thread, i got the same deal by simply calling in. It was the first offer i got from the rep so take 2 mins out of your precious day and call in. Easy to get this plan. Koodo will not offer you anything until you leave them. I will be leaving koodo once i get my telus sim cards in the mail.
I don't downvote. I either talk shit or upvote. :twisted:

KooDo GanG 😎
Sep 7, 2019
6 posts
15 upvotes
Just walked by this kiosk a little while ago

They said the regular plan is $75 for 20gb for 24 months

They asked what home internet I had and I said shaw and they said it goes to $65 if you move a service over to them which I suspect bs and you could probably get it anyway
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2002
1186 posts
540 upvotes
Oakville
Expect it to get bumped by $10 in less than a year.
Jun 9, 2019
187 posts
288 upvotes
Cheetah wrote: This is not only Vancouver. As i posted in the koodo thread, i got the same deal by simply calling in. It was the first offer i got from the rep so take 2 mins out of your precious day and call in. Easy to get this plan. Koodo will not offer you anything until you leave them. I will be leaving koodo once i get my telus sim cards in the mail.
Would they offer to buy out the rest of an existing contract?
Banned
Jan 22, 2020
10 posts
5 upvotes
Dans ta bobotte
ownthesky wrote: I think the execs are happy to convince people on $50 plans to "upgrade" to a $65 plan since the cost for them to provide for data is essentially zero. Apparently Telus's ARPU is $60, so this is a big win for them! I think people need to be focused on the monthly cost if we want fair mobile plans, not the data.
We will most likely not win. Canada's laws on foreign companies is already so tight, which is the reason why the big 3 are enjoying themselves so much. " The Globe and Mail reported that American provider Verizon Wireless made a $700 million offer to acquire Wind Mobile, though the company later announced it had no interest in entering the Canadian wireless market." The three of them lobbied the government hard and Verizon got turned off. Shaw won the bid. Can you imagine if Verizon came to Canada? That would have disrupted the whole damn telecom industry. But nope, blame it on our politicians and we get the end of the stick.
Jan 2, 2017
9 posts
8 upvotes
TO
Cheetah wrote: Koodo will not offer you anything until you leave them.
I guess I got lucky about a month ago. My previous plan with Koodo was $60 (plus $5 loyalty discount for 24 months) for 13GB (12 + 1 bonus) before they called me to make an offer to upgrade my plan to $65 for 20GB with the bonus 1 GB carried over along with my $5 loyalty discount which is likely a one-off.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
2056 posts
465 upvotes
GwosVillainBandit wrote: We will most likely not win. Canada's laws on foreign companies is already so tight, which is the reason why the big 3 are enjoying themselves so much. " The Globe and Mail reported that American provider Verizon Wireless made a $700 million offer to acquire Wind Mobile, though the company later announced it had no interest in entering the Canadian wireless market." The three of them lobbied the government hard and Verizon got turned off. Shaw won the bid. Can you imagine if Verizon came to Canada? That would have disrupted the whole damn telecom industry. But nope, blame it on our politicians and we get the end of the stick.
Not too sure about that. Look at Verizon's pricing in the US - it's virtually on par with AT&T. In other words, I think if Verizon had come in, they would have been aggressive in pricing for a time before 'coincidentally' matching the pricing coming from ROBELLUS and enjoying the extra profits/margin. I just don't think having Verizon here would have changed things up too much in the long run.
[OP]
Jan 26, 2015
16 posts
183 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Sneaky. So this is ONLY a deal for customers who already have Telus Internet.

$75 if not with Telus internet. $65 if with Telus internet.
Feb 22, 2013
592 posts
450 upvotes
derekdeals wrote: Sneaky. So this is ONLY a deal for customers who already have Telus Internet.

$75 if not with Telus internet. $65 if with Telus internet.
IIRC there is a $5 discount for bundling your phone with your internet service. It looks like this location is offering another $5 per month.

Edit

It looks like the bundle discount is $10 So your not really getting anything additional. Just good marketing.

https://www.telus.com/en/deals-and-bund ... t-tv-phone

Get a $10 bill credit each month, just for bundling your Mobility2 and Home Services3 together.
Aug 8, 2018
26 posts
17 upvotes
ownthesky wrote: I think the execs are happy to convince people on $50 plans to "upgrade" to a $65 plan since the cost for them to provide for data is essentially zero. Apparently Telus's ARPU is $60, so this is a big win for them! I think people need to be focused on the monthly cost if we want fair mobile plans, not the data.
True, but we are infinitely better off now than in the past. And we are on a good trajectory in terms of $/gb. What you aren't considering is that these plans trickle down. Now we have people getting 4-10GB for $30-50. That only happens if you can get 10-20GB in the higher price range. If next year they offer 40GB for $80, we'll start to see double digit plans south of $35.