2011 posts
1591 upvotes
Toronto
Telus fibre only a availiable in British Columbia and Alberta
Jun 12, 2015
504 posts
169 upvotes
Mississauga
BengaliPrince wrote: Telus fibre only a availiable in British Columbia and Alberta
Oh man, was excited for a bit
Nov 22, 2017
18 posts
8 upvotes
the 250 for 24 months is spread out across each month, so brings the price down to sub 30/month?
Nov 24, 2016
436 posts
126 upvotes
Calgary
Can I renew my existing contract? As I still have 1year+ left, I am on 40$/150M now.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
3898 posts
5047 upvotes
somewhere in B.C.
Telus sent me an email today, saying that the miss me and can offer me Fibre 300/300 Internet for $100/mo !!

yeah, that'd be a hard no
May 14, 2007
61 posts
17 upvotes
Revelstoke
Any informed telus employees on here? Customer service has been giving us huge headaches for installing fibre conduit from the road to our house. It's been 20+ calls and numerous cancelled appointments. Nobody can figure out what's happening and its hugely frustrating.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
2715 posts
1713 upvotes
GVRD
endure wrote: Any informed telus employees on here? Customer service has been giving us huge headaches for installing fibre conduit from the road to our house. It's been 20+ calls and numerous cancelled appointments. Nobody can figure out what's happening and its hugely frustrating.
I know a couple people who does Telus commercial fiber install and he said there are 2 divisions: commercial and residential. Commercial is done exclusively with Telus staff due to complexity, they came in Telus colored trucks and deployed a few fibers for my office building (we have a data center in my office so ya...). Residential is done by contractors such as Ledcor in Vancouver and it can be a mixed bag. You can tell they are contractor because they drive regular non-Telus themed cars/vans.

I am speculating the contractor had trouble connecting you from the road for some reason, they probably need to escalate that install and likely require city permit to perform certain work. Revelstoke is remote and Telus has to schedule a team to go up there.

Because of the fiber project, Ledcor relocated/hired a lot of new staff for this project. One of the installer team rented a house next to my parents' and they were trying to sell my parents the Telus fibre. Long story short, while my parents were sold, Telus later on called and cancelled due to service not available yet. Telus rep on the phone also wanted more information on the person who sold my parents. Again, I am speculating that whoever Ledcor hired to sell the service were being investigated. It is not the first time I hear stories where outbound sales people took people's info and ran with it. I suspect that maybe the case with my parents.
May 14, 2007
61 posts
17 upvotes
Revelstoke
Hmm ya that sounds annoying. It was a ledcor person at first. No idea where that info ended up. We are now just dealing with the telus customer service people and they seem oblivious to the outside dispatch people vs. the indoor modem people. Super frustrating and I dont know the solution to actually getting connected at this point.
Jan 14, 2020
2 posts
Sorry18 wrote: just got a call from telus rep

40$/month with 250$ bill credit for 24 month contract
for existing koodo customers & new telus customer

internet 150/150
Hi, any idea if this deal is still available? if it is, can you link me up with the telus rep?
Dec 4, 2013
840 posts
157 upvotes
Surrey, BC (GVR)
Problem I have with Telus is that they keep raising the prices, even though we have a service agreement. So be careful. The service agreement does not protect you from price increases.
Please check my feedback:
RFD
HWC
Heatware
Jul 3, 2016
280 posts
211 upvotes
crazyea wrote: Problem I have with Telus is that they keep raising the prices, even though we have a service agreement. So be careful. The service agreement does not protect you from price increases.
Sounds like something you need to take up with the CCTS.
Dec 4, 2013
840 posts
157 upvotes
Surrey, BC (GVR)
It’s in the terms that they can raise the price at any time. A lot of people come from Shaw and they aren’t aware. The term with Telus is commitment from you to buy their services in exchange for the bill credits or whatever else they offer. It’s not a price guarantee.

FYI I signed an agreement in Sept, they raised my prices in Dec. At this point I looked into it and as I said they can raise it at any time with 30 days notice.
Please check my feedback:
RFD
HWC
Heatware
Jan 12, 2017
111 posts
133 upvotes
vancouver
Their annoying agreement is locked in discount $xx.xx off regular price but they do jack up regular price quite often
May 22, 2015
240 posts
74 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Will get lots downvote soon for misleading title...
Nov 28, 2018
31 posts
11 upvotes
I assume west Canada only.

Seriously, if you live in BC, Telus is not the only Fiber Optics network provider. As I know, CIK Telecom is providing 800mbps fiber internet for only $45/mth, which is cheaper than Telus. My friend in Vancouver has CIK fiber, speed is not bad and quite stable. Hope this market can be more competitive so we can have more discounts.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2017
1002 posts
659 upvotes
lazylazybum wrote: Their annoying agreement is locked in discount $xx.xx off regular price but they do jack up regular price quite often
If you call and complain you usually will get a faster speed/more tv for the new slightly higher price or sometimes they will lower the price back to the previous price, all the telecoms except Shaw do this for net/tv/mobility you just have to play hardball with them.