Jul 31, 2015
1120 posts
664 upvotes
AB

[Telus] AB/BC Telus Fibre 300/300 $55 for6month

Telus response to Shaw’s 300 plan

https://www.telus.com/en/ab/deals/conte ... ero_banner

Enjoy
Last edited by U4LIFE on Jul 12th, 2018 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
157 replies
Mar 12, 2014
7 posts
7 upvotes
As a current Shaw user, I called in to see what they were offering in BC.

$54 dollars for the first 3 months, then $110 per month. No contract.

$54 dollars for first 6 months, then $110 per month on a 2 year agreement.

I asked about unlimited data, and they were being a bit flip floppy as to whether or not it would come with the 2 year agreement - they initially only offered 3 months of unlimited data.

(and before people ask, I was quoted $54 not $55)

Hope this helps!
Nov 14, 2012
642 posts
326 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Wish Telus hurry up and build their network to reach more people in New West.
Jun 26, 2016
4 posts
2 upvotes
As a resident of NW I don't see that day coming anytime soon
NW is building it's own fibre network, you can google bridgenetnw and take a look, so it is highly unlikely that Telus will duplicate this work
and as always, you can imagine the speed of our municipal gov
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
1649 posts
1209 upvotes
Surrey
Dang. Where's all the telus Reps on rfd? No response from any of them. Need one so they can bump the promo to 6 months or a year. Otherwise might have to sign up for this then go back to Shaw after 3 months for their promo
Koodo $40/13gb $35/10gb wireless plans//
Dec 15, 2017
495 posts
851 upvotes
Vancouver
U4LIFE wrote: Telus response to Shaw’s 300 plan

https://www.telus.com/en/ab/deals/conte ... ero_banner

Enjoy
But it is area specific though as It is not available everywhere like Shaw. I tried to check with my address on the Telus website and no luck (west side of Vancouver). The highest I can get here is Internet 150 which is fast enough. I would be happy with Internet 50-75Mbps too. I would rather pay for better stable connections (less downtime) and wifi from both providers over more product that I don't need.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
1649 posts
1209 upvotes
Surrey
QuickFingers wrote: But it is area specific though as It is not available everywhere like Shaw. I tried to check with my address on the Telus website and no luck (west side of Vancouver). The highest I can get here is Internet 150 which is fast enough. I would be happy with Internet 50-75Mbps too. I would rather pay for better stable connections (less downtime) and wifi from both providers over more product that I don't need.
Their website isn't accurate with availability. When I put in my address it shows only 50mb available and less. But I had 150 with them a year ago
Aug 20, 2015
161 posts
56 upvotes
Calgary
ffonly wrote: Their website isn't accurate with availability. When I put in my address it shows only 50mb available and less. But I had 150 with them a year ago
So you have to call in to have them check manually somehow?
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
1649 posts
1209 upvotes
Surrey
elitekillah wrote: So you have to call in to have them check manually somehow?
ya they must have more accurate way of checking
Oct 4, 2016
187 posts
156 upvotes
It’ll only available if your address is connected to fibre network and unl usage only included on 2 year SA.... but guarantee you’ll have 1025gb or more data allowance with out unl usage add on
Feb 29, 2016
65 posts
72 upvotes
What is the price after 6 months? Can't seem to find any information on the website.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
2710 posts
664 upvotes
Belle River
My neighbourhood just got fibre installed, it's not even running yet, but is it only available through the company that paid for the installation (the one that sent letters and whose name is on the box), or do they have to allow resellers? Or maybe they get exclusive for x number of years and then after that they have to allow resellers? How does it work?
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2142 posts
1278 upvotes
North Vancouver
Ericdyun wrote: What is the price after 6 months? Can't seem to find any information on the website.
That's what I'd like to know as well. Why do they hide it?
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. (George Carlin)
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. And monkeys do too - if they have a gun. (Eddie Izzard)