[Telus] AB/BC Telus Fibre 300/300 $55 for6month

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2018 12:14 pm
Tags:
Oct 17, 2010
761 posts
314 upvotes
Edmonton
[quote="freewheelin76" post_id=29594909 time=1532298543 user_id=8299][quote=8008135 post_id=29589201 time=1532118409 user_id=339942]
Just basic tv with all sports channels added. The only thing I watch on tv is sports.
[/quote]
And they gave you the price for a full 24?[/quote]

Yes. It's a reasonable enough deal for me and now I don't have to waste at least an hour or more every 6 months trying to renegotiate.
Jan 11, 2013
71 posts
18 upvotes
COCHRANE
Had Shaw 150 promotion that was ending next month for 79.99 a month. Called in and went to retention and mentioned the Telus deal. He offered 300 unlimited for 82.50 a month for 2 years. A few more bucks a month for double the speed works for me.
Aug 11, 2008
10 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
Telus rep came to my door and gave me:

Internet 300
Optik TV w/ 6 theme packs. Comes with 1 4K PVR and 2 wireless 4K boxes
$80.25/month for the first year, $170/month the second, but my plan is to keep only one pack for TV and that will lower my price down to $140/month for the second year.

Telus rep also said to call back in a year and I can most likely get that $140 discounted even more
Oct 10, 2016
204 posts
49 upvotes
Vancouver
Thatdealguy wrote: how do you guys negotiate ? I am paying $100 per month for 150/15
x2, want to know too.
thinking switch to can.com after summer; will not use Telus (completely pisses me off; reps came to my house every few weeks to ask me to install the Fibre cable)
Nov 20, 2017
17 posts
2 upvotes
Geranimos wrote: hows this for a deal? a rep called me and offered 46-47$ a month for a year on a 1 year contract and throws in the 15$ unlimimited data option for free. he said when the term comes he will call me again and see what kind of promos are available then. he say it will stay the same or maybe even cheaper.
Rep Info, Please. Thanks a lot.
$70 for two years is also acceptable. But i think so far, this is the best deal.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
9468 posts
1912 upvotes
Edmonton
Garyy wrote: Telus rep came to my door and gave me:

Internet 300
Optik TV w/ 6 theme packs. Comes with 1 4K PVR and 2 wireless 4K boxes
$80.25/month for the first year, $170/month the second, but my plan is to keep only one pack for TV and that will lower my price down to $140/month for the second year.

Telus rep also said to call back in a year and I can most likely get that $140 discounted even more
Are they saying that's a good deal?
Feb 24, 2012
139 posts
133 upvotes
Kamloops
fattymccraigs wrote: I was on Shaw 150/15 with a 1 TB cap for the last 2 years at $79 (expired last month, now up to $90). Called in and told them Telus 300 is available in my area and they offered me 300/20 unlimited cap for $85 for another 2 years. No arguing or threats to leave necessary. I've been a pretty satisfied Shaw customer for over 10 years and I'm not a big haggler so I took it. I hope the info helps someone else out there.
Update: So after 2 days and about 8 phone calls to Shaw, including one where the support agent requested my account password so he could log into my account from his computer (I refused), my internet 300 account is finally set up properly and my rate has been reduced to $70/month for 24 months. For anyone planning to switch from 150 to 300 be aware that there is the possibility that your account will get completely reset. All of your Shaw Go devices will be wiped, automatic payments will be removed, and any shaw.ca email addresses you set up will not longer be associated with your account. It took many phone calls, and an escalation to the internal My Shaw support team to get it fixed.
Aug 31, 2004
158 posts
206 upvotes
I just got the following deal with Telus as my internet 150 credits were expiring next month, and I wanted to leverage Shaws new service against Telus :)
  • Internet 300 + Unlimited usage - $75 for 24 month contract
  • Optik TV - $23 for 2x4k PVR boxes + 3 theme packs - $23 for 24 month contract
(+ a one time $250 credit for staying with Telus)

Post-tax monthly total supposedly $115 (if you factor in that $250 credit, that works out to roughly $105 per month for 24 months). The installer came today and had to swap my modem, but now I'm getting roughly ~330 up and down (I'm in Vancouver).

Will see what my first bill looks like after all these credits... Hopefully nothing will be too screwed up... I'm pretty happy with this assuming it isn't fake news and my rates stay the same for the next two years (saves me some phone calls at least).
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6658 posts
3642 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Managed to get 150 Fiber Unlimited for $60/mo for 1 year no contract.
No other services required.
Seems fair.
Might try Pik TV @ $10/mo if I can source a used Pik TV Android TV media box for ~$25 or so.
Seems like a step backwards considering I already own 3 nVidia Shield TV's which are more than capable of running this Pik TV app, so buying a $100 Telus Pik TV box is obviously not an option.
Odd since Telus openly admits that they are killing off the Pik TV boxes, yet cancelled the $75 account credit if buying a new one for $100.

Any opinions on this deal?
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
695 posts
958 upvotes
Chilliwack, BC
Woah! wrote: Managed to get 150 Fiber Unlimited for $60/mo for 1 year no contract.
No other services required.
Seems fair.
Might try Pik TV @ $10/mo if I can source a used Pik TV Android TV media box for ~$25 or so.
Seems like a step backwards considering I already own 3 nVidia Shield TV's which are more than capable of running this Pik TV app, so buying a $100 Telus Pik TV box is obviously not an option.
Odd since Telus openly admits that they are killing off the Pik TV boxes, yet cancelled the $75 account credit if buying a new one for $100.

Any opinions on this deal?
It's hard comparing deals like these being offered by retentions and that, but for the sake of comparison (with loyalty discounts) ect I am paying $66 a month for 300 but that is with a data limit with that being said I also have a home phone with unlimited long distance included. This is also because I am persistent with them and not much of torrent peoples. Netflix and Reddit are fine with me. With that being said I need a box with a browser for the big screen now since we converted over one of my machines.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
1020 posts
1001 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
Why do i get a feeling that for 99% of users out there, the standard 50/10 connection is more than enough and everything else is an attempt by the larger players to ''persuade'' you to stick with them and not to lose your business.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2013
1290 posts
708 upvotes
CALGARY
Telus rep at a mall gave $55 first year and $110 next year on 2 yr contract for internet 300. PM me if someone is interested.
Mar 11, 2002
816 posts
225 upvotes
My 2yr Shaw 150/15 at $79 had just lapsed so it got bumped up to$110/mth was offered some loyalty credits (I believe it was $25) to bridge the gap between being on “non-contract” pricing and a new $85 300/30 contact (was waiting on the self-install kit)

TELUS fiber is probably 6-8 weeks out in my area as the website says “soon” and the whole permission to install process just recently started.

Users of the Shaw 300/30 at home did not notice a speed increase and infact found it slower for most things other than the synthetic “Speedtests”

Was able to speak to someone at TELUS who arranged for the “special wiring group” to get fiber run out to the home ahead of the rest of the neighborhood(less than 1 week between the phone call and the install). Was only able to get the $55 for 6 months then $110 with unlimited on a 2 year term, they also threw in a $50 referral credit.

Calling Shaw to cancel, they asked why and I mentioned no real difference especially for IOT devices, and said that I was switching to telus, and from a technical standpoint Shaw was delivering what they were contractually obligated to and it was not a technical issue (330/34) the agent offered more loyalty credits to not cancel (did not bother to hear more as my change from Shaw to telus was more for performance rather than cost) but this is worth a shot for anyone who just resigned a 2 yr agreement with Shaw and are within the 10 day cancellation window.

ymmv
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3860 posts
2781 upvotes
clboy wrote: My 2yr Shaw 150/15 at $79 had just lapsed so it got bumped up to$110/mth was offered some loyalty credits (I believe it was $25) to bridge the gap between being on “non-contract” pricing and a new $85 300/30 contact (was waiting on the self-install kit)

TELUS fiber is probably 6-8 weeks out in my area as the website says “soon” and the whole permission to install process just recently started.

Users of the Shaw 300/30 at home did not notice a speed increase and infact found it slower for most things other than the synthetic “Speedtests”

Was able to speak to someone at TELUS who arranged for the “special wiring group” to get fiber run out to the home ahead of the rest of the neighborhood(less than 1 week between the phone call and the install). Was only able to get the $55 for 6 months then $110 with unlimited on a 2 year term, they also threw in a $50 referral credit.
Pretty much the same situation here - Shaw 150 expiring in 3 months, Telus Fibre probably available in 2 months. But the current Telus offer sounds pretty disappointing compared to their early Fibre deals, coming after a 2 year wait for them to get around to this neighbourhood. Honestly offers like "$55 for 6 months, then $110 for the rest of a 2-year contract" are not attractive. That's basically close to $100/month for internet. Not happening.

Shaw has been a mixed bag. Service has been relatively reliable after some initial glitches. But there are a number of ongoing issues that they keep promising to fix, but never do. And I'll have to do the whole song and dance with retentions after they raise my rates. I think it's time to explore some of those 2nd-tier ISP offers. The customer service may be bad, the speed lower, and the service priority poor, but for half the price I'll put up with it.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1819 posts
609 upvotes
Edmonton
Just looked at my bill. I'm currently 102 all in for 6 theme pack plus 150/150. Thinking of calling and seeing what they can do to bump me to 300 and keep as close as possible to that price point. It will likely be more but hopefully close. I prefer to get something tied in for at least a year at a time though. Don't like this 6 month promo business.

R U PACKIN HEAT
?