Canada-Wide Corporate Cell Plan for Govt Employees

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2019 2:03 am
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2189 posts
686 upvotes
good deal bc wrote: Promo until May 31!

Government of BC employees, government of Ontario employees, and government of Canada employees all now get 30% off of the "your choice" consumer plans on Telus.com. There are a lot of other EPP plans out there for companies with 150+ employees!!

Other corporate employee plans do also get discounts, however the list is too long for me to post.

**New Activation bonus until May 31 - get up to an extra $400 hardware discount (on iPhones) or up to $300 extra off all other premium smartphones on a new 2 year plan on the new Your Choice Plans. This applies to all new activations and NOT existing clients renewing their service/ plans, however there is a special offer for Samsung S7 and S7 Edge for clients renewing with TELUS.

This replaces the old plans, port in credits and previous $150 off hardware option.

Depending on the EPP plan you have now, the new plans with a 15-30% discount may be a better value or they could be more expensive.
How does one sign up for these discounted Government plans?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
7777 posts
4456 upvotes
Montreal
good deal bc wrote: **New Activation bonus until May 31 - get up to an extra $400 hardware discount (on iPhones) or up to $300 extra off all other premium smartphones on a new 2 year plan on the new Your Choice Plans.
Available in Quebec also, really good deal for iPhone 6s or 6s plus the $400 off (not worth it for iPhone 6 and iPhone SE, since they are less than $400 to begin with, with a 2 year contract).
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2005
3920 posts
298 upvotes
BC
kulb wrote: How does one sign up for these discounted Government plans?
Govt of Ontario or Canada?
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2005
3920 posts
298 upvotes
BC
BikramjeetSGarcha wrote: Has anyone called in and gotten the above deal?^^^
You can't call in to get it, you order it through a couple different websites
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2004
4190 posts
765 upvotes
T.O.
How much would it cost for 4 phones with 10GB shared data? All are byod.
Heatware: Link
HowardForums: Link
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1136 posts
1417 upvotes
It used to be $60 for 2GB. Why did they change the plans. Not a fan of these new shared data plans.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2005
3920 posts
298 upvotes
BC
Traian2003 wrote: How much would it cost for 4 phones with 10GB shared data? All are byod.
What agency or government or company do you work for?
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2005
3920 posts
298 upvotes
BC
meelad92 wrote: It used to be $60 for 2GB. Why did they change the plans. Not a fan of these new shared data plans.
The old plans were limited in the data options if you need more. The new plans allow you to increased data buckets based on your needs
Apr 20, 2009
72 posts
14 upvotes
Waterloo
I work for the GoC, under the Service Canada branch of Employment and Social Development Canada. How do I get in on this? None of my coworkers seem to know the code or have contact info for anyone or anything.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1136 posts
1417 upvotes
good deal bc wrote: The old plans were limited in the data options if you need more. The new plans allow you to increased data buckets based on your needs
Last time I checked, you're paying a fair bit more now with the new deals. They're not good at all.
Nov 10, 2011
434 posts
84 upvotes
Burnaby
meelad92 wrote: Last time I checked, you're paying a fair bit more now with the new deals. They're not good at all.
Yes I have for $60 nationwide minutes and 3GB of data. If I go month-to-month I get to keep my plan. If I go get a new phone it goes to $70 and 2.5 GB of data. If I get them to put me under BYOB it is $59.50 and 2.5 GB of data + I qualify for "Easy Roam". Not great, won't be upgrading my phone for a while.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1136 posts
1417 upvotes
gong_8 wrote: Yes I have for $60 nationwide minutes and 3GB of data. If I go month-to-month I get to keep my plan. If I go get a new phone it goes to $70 and 2.5 GB of data. If I get them to put me under BYOB it is $59.50 and 2.5 GB of data + I qualify for "Easy Roam". Not great, won't be upgrading my phone for a while.
Agreed. These new deals are terrible.

Anybody can go to Fido and get 2GB for $70. So much for these 'gov't discounts'. Just awful.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1136 posts
1417 upvotes
I'm looking at both Telus and Rogers gov't plans. Both are awful.
Jan 2, 2016
110 posts
22 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
The only difference between these vendors is that some offer free activation and sim cards, whereas others do not but offer a free accessory. (correct me if im wrong)
Clearwest seems to be the best option (for me anyway), for 63 dollars before tax I'm getting 300 local minutes, 2.5gb of data, and free text (video, pic). plus all the basic stuff such as call display, voicemail, call waiting etc.

I called the epp rep and explained how I am transferring over from Bell after being with that company for more than 10 years. The rep was helpful and advised me to go speak to a local store manager and see if they can offer a bit more, especially since I already have telus home phone, internet and cable. I am planning to go see the rep on the 30th and hopefully get a bit more.

To me, this deal is better than what most are offering. Bell retention services couldn't even offer me this, and I spoke to them twice. Best they could do is offer me 400 dollars upfront for the s7 edge plus the same deal as above. I will be calling bell back and see if they match or do better than what telus is offering.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2015
2573 posts
437 upvotes
BC
good deal bc wrote: The old plans were limited in the data options if you need more. The new plans allow you to increased data buckets based on your needs
hi good deal bc, where can I find TELUS residential deals these days? I can't find the thread.
Go Raptors, Go!
Apr 17, 2013
20 posts
1 upvote
good deal bc wrote: Promo until May 31!

Government of BC employees, government of Ontario employees, and government of Canada employees all now get 30% off of the "your choice" consumer plans on Telus.com. There are a lot of other EPP plans out there for companies with 150+ employees!!

Other corporate employee plans do also get discounts, however the list is too long for me to post.

**New Activation bonus until May 31 - get up to an extra $400 hardware discount (on iPhones) or up to $300 extra off all other premium smartphones on a new 2 year plan on the new Your Choice Plans. This applies to all new activations and NOT existing clients renewing their service/ plans, however there is a special offer for Samsung S7 and S7 Edge for clients renewing with TELUS.

This replaces the old plans, port in credits and previous $150 off hardware option.

Depending on the EPP plan you have now, the new plans with a 15-30% discount may be a better value or they could be more expensive.
Hello can you DM me some details. :)
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2005
3920 posts
298 upvotes
BC
canucky1 wrote: hi good deal bc, where can I find TELUS residential deals these days? I can't find the thread.
Thread was shut down due to people askin for PMs

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)