Cell Phones

Telus cancelled my orders

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 5th, 2019 6:34 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2012
1344 posts
271 upvotes
ORLEANS

Telus cancelled my orders

Well i was browsing the telus website and i found this extremely awesome deal. Iphone XR $3.33 monthly on bring it back. $200 after the 24 months to buy out the phone or return it. so basically $322 for the XR and the plan is $45/m for 15GB because 4 lines or more have a discount of $20 each. But now all 4 orders were cancelled. i did not think it was a price error. But now i check the telus website again and it says $13.33 monthly of bring it back. So it seems like someone setting the prices screwed up? Do i have any recourse?
12 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
1935 posts
1048 upvotes
Calgary
Nope - manufacturers don't have to honor online price errors and are allowed to cancel orders.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 28, 2004
21114 posts
2474 upvotes
Toronto
I'd call in and inquire the status of your order and when the rep tells you it was cancelled - ask for the reason.

If cancelled due to price error, see if they'll throw in some credits etc since you didn't think it was a price error.

No real recourse that Telus needs to honour the price error but definitely a poor customer experience for you......so perhaps a goodwill gesture they'll give something.

Gluck!
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 12, 2009
19438 posts
7575 upvotes
Toronto
No SCOP with the carriers that is for sure.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet, $5/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
1935 posts
1048 upvotes
Calgary
will888 wrote: No SCOP with the carriers that is for sure.
Wouldn't apply to any online order from a retailer anyways.

Also, with regards to that comment about "did not think it was a price error" I mean, come on! An iPhone XR for $322 total cost? There's absolutely no way Telus would offer that kind of deal!
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
3118 posts
1535 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Devhux wrote: Wouldn't apply to any online order from a retailer anyways.

Also, with regards to that comment about "did not think it was a price error" I mean, come on! An iPhone XR for $322 total cost? There's absolutely no way Telus would offer that kind of deal!
Maybe they pulled a Koodo on this one lol
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2012
1344 posts
271 upvotes
ORLEANS
Devhux wrote: Wouldn't apply to any online order from a retailer anyways.

Also, with regards to that comment about "did not think it was a price error" I mean, come on! An iPhone XR for $322 total cost? There's absolutely no way Telus would offer that kind of deal!
XR could be bad for $600 from koodo like 1 month ago. So $322 is possible. And they also lock u in for 2 year contract so guaranteed profit. And new iPhones coming out so maybe they were trying to unload these phones. So anything is possible.
Jr. Member
Nov 17, 2006
195 posts
30 upvotes
Hi OP,
Can you tell me more about the $45/line deal that you are getting?
I’d like more info on this..
PM me if you like...
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 25, 2003
15098 posts
3863 upvotes
Markham
Palidino wrote: Well i was browsing the telus website and i found this extremely awesome deal. Iphone XR $3.33 monthly on bring it back. $200 after the 24 months to buy out the phone or return it. so basically $322 for the XR and the plan is $45/m for 15GB because 4 lines or more have a discount of $20 each. But now all 4 orders were cancelled. i did not think it was a price error. But now i check the telus website again and it says $13.33 monthly of bring it back. So it seems like someone setting the prices screwed up? Do i have any recourse?
93dx wrote: Hi OP,
Can you tell me more about the $45/line deal that you are getting?
I’d like more info on this..
PM me if you like...
There is no $45/line
cause is not save $20 each

https://www.telus.com/en/qc/mobility/pl ... ckerHeader
4 family members
Save $20*
off your total monthly bill**
*$5 per line up to 9 lines***
**After tax
***9 lines equals $45 off your total monthly bill
is $5 off per line. So for 4 is 4 x $5 = $20 off total bill
So a $65/month per line is $60/month per line not $45
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2012
1344 posts
271 upvotes
ORLEANS
Keigotw wrote:
im on a quebec plan $45/m

anyways telus called me and said it was price error. oh well.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
3118 posts
1535 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Palidino wrote: im on a quebec plan $45/m

anyways telus called me and said it was price error. oh well.
I think you should clarify that in your OP because it creates more anxiety attacks for people thinking its an in market plan for Ontario.
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 25, 2003
15098 posts
3863 upvotes
Markham
Palidino wrote: im on a quebec plan $45/m

anyways telus called me and said it was price error. oh well.
the link I provide was for Quebec
was your plan
Peace of Mind
For social media users
$65/mo
Read legal footnote3
TELUS Family Discount eligible
Endless data
Continue to surf and stream after 15GB at reduced speedsRead legal footnote2,Read legal footnote4
No data overages
No surprises on your bill
Wifi hotspotting
Connect devices up to 15GB
that still is only $5 off per line
so it would be $60 /month
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro

Top