Ongoing Deal Discussion

Telus

(CRAZY Internet / TV / Phone Price Match Offer with Shaw)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 8:19 pm
Tags:
Jul 22, 2019
3 posts
1 upvote
Current Shaw customer with plan expiring soon. Looking to switch to Telus. Please PM for internet and TV deals. Thanks!
Feb 14, 2004
236 posts
43 upvotes
Delta, BC
Current Shaw customer with internet 300 looking for a better deal or switch to Telus
May 21, 2014
100 posts
32 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
bartthebear wrote: Nope. Just two Shaw reps...
LOL they certainly not working hard enough over at Telus side. I just renewed with SHAW Internet 300 for 2yrs avg $34 a month with their loyalty retention. Happy to stay lol
Last edited by arcknight on Aug 7th, 2019 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 8, 2013
101 posts
27 upvotes
Calgary
How did you get that retention deal? Just tell them you were looking for a better deal? or did you have to reference any Telus Deals?

My shaw300 contract is up this month, we have been paying roughly $84 a month or something.
Nov 8, 2013
101 posts
27 upvotes
Calgary
Current Shaw Customer.

total monthly bill $202
Internet 300
Limited Tv with bunch of asian channels
Personal phone line
Jul 8, 2019
2 posts
1 upvote
Telus rep, please contact me. Would like to sign up 2 years on Optik with Internet.
Aug 5, 2019
1 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver Island
I am a current Telus internet customer, looking to possibly switch to Shaw when I move at the end of the month. We are pretty heavy internet users. Would consider TV + landline + internet with Shaw for the right price. Currently paying around $90/month with Telus.
Sep 26, 2006
52 posts
21 upvotes
Calgary
Shaw Calgary customer - TV, Internet, Home Phone, looking to switch or renew - contract expires October. Looking for Internet 300, Medium TV equivalent.

Cheers
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
arcknight wrote: LOL they certainly not working hard enough over at Telus side. I just renewed with SHAW Internet 300 for 2yrs avg $34 a month with their royalty retention. Happy to stay lol
i think it's the same with Telus. If you want the best deals you need to be a Telus customer, and then call Telus' retention department. I don't think Telus sales people can offer the deals retentions can.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2004
3097 posts
206 upvotes
British Columbia
I would call in and talk to Loyalty. They were able to get the Asian packages for 50% off and I'm sure their renewal Loyalty offers are way better than the current in-market plan. $202 is off contract I'm assuming? That's a very high bill. I switched from Shaw to Telus when they had the $45 Internet 300 promo. Also got their Pik TV package. No issues so far. The Pik TV works well with the Apple 4K TV (whatever you do, don't use the PIK TV box as it is extremely laggy and slow).
Dec 8, 2012
987 posts
644 upvotes
Calgary
I'm a Shaw customer, looking for Telus service. My new address is out of Shaw coverage so I have to break the contract and switch. Telus website shows that fiber is available there. Please send me the active deals with Telus
Oct 5, 2009
175 posts
61 upvotes
Canada
New Telus or shaw customer. Please PM details of promos. Looking for internet deal only

Currently on Novus 1gig.

Is shaw internet 300 the same as Telus 150?
Oct 1, 2003
849 posts
656 upvotes
Vancouver
arcknight wrote: LOL they certainly not working hard enough over at Telus side. I just renewed with SHAW Internet 300 for 2yrs avg $34 a month with their royalty retention. Happy to stay lol
Didn't know SHAW had a department that served Kings and Queens.

Sorry to poke fun. It made me laugh. Thanks.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
Just in case people are wondering I called in trying to negotiate my Telus rates. They almost had me, but I think it might be time to drop TV.

First offer was:

$23/mo for Essentials TV including the sports addon
$55/mo for Internet 100 w/ unlimited
$150 credit

2nd offer was the same but with a $250 credit.

Both required a contract for 2 years.

For me the TV deal was great, but the internet deal was meh. I might of bitten had I not needed to lock in for 2 years. They basically couldn't match the current shaw promo for internet. Not only that but they were charging more for slower speed. Maybe it's because I discussed the $43 for 100mbps offer from Shaw... but then trying to sell me almost the same thing for $55 wasn't really a solution. The guy said he maxed out on credits he could give me.... I thought this was wierd, because in previous years they had no problem matching/beating Shaw's crazy internet offers (especially considering how many of us are stuck on DSL with much slower offerings).

I thought this might be helpful for other people calling into the cancellation (retentions) line to see what they get offered. That way people can get an idea of how their offers compare.
May 21, 2014
100 posts
32 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
doobievibes wrote: Didn't know SHAW had a department that served Kings and Queens.

Sorry to poke fun. It made me laugh. Thanks.
Fixed lol :P
May 21, 2014
100 posts
32 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
mroboto wrote: How did you get that retention deal? Just tell them you were looking for a better deal? or did you have to reference any Telus Deals?

My shaw300 contract is up this month, we have been paying roughly $84 a month or something.
Ya just place a cancellation with them and they will try to give you the deals you'll normally get on their website. Your account will be flagged then loyalty retention will call you to offer you better deal. In my case i got $32\month 1st year and $54 2nd year with $200 credit. So avg out to $34/month.
Oct 12, 2009
15 posts
9 upvotes
Vancouver, bc
Existing Vancouver customer with Shaw. Current package: Basic phone, Internet 75, TV with small TV Pick 5 and Cantonese channels for $70. No contract. Looking for switching to Telus because the promotion of current package expiring this month. Please PM me. Thanks.
Nov 21, 2009
55 posts
3 upvotes
Edmonton
Alberta - looking for good deal. Currently with Shaw. Please pm. Thanks
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
1085 posts
633 upvotes
I'm in the exact same boat, was offered a weak renewal offer from Shaw. Would appreciate a PM.