Ongoing Deal Discussion

Telus

(CRAZY Internet / TV / Phone Price Match Offer with Shaw)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 22nd, 2024 4:34 am
Tags:
Sep 16, 2014
261 posts
134 upvotes
Vancouver
glad it worked out. I bought Borderlands 3 this morning for 67% off black friday price. 85gb download took 25 mins. So happy
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2004
5279 posts
55 upvotes
Richmond
Varial wrote: Wanted to give a huge huge thank you to this amazing community and especially d1gdug

Called Telus this morning, 10am Pacific, Nov 27th, 2020. Due to high call volume, got some jazz music for approximately 54 mins, no big deal I just watched Netflix. General service operator (Chad?) answered and super politely tried to help me but unfortunately my request to match Shaw's $50/month gigabyte fibre was not possible for him. He quickly forwarded me to fibre retention services where a 2nd operator (very nice guy but couldn't catch his name, he said it like 4x too but bit of an accent) was able to get me Telus Purefibre Gigabyte plan for just over $50/month after bill credits etc.

Thank you again to d1gdug for the amazing advice, if not for covid I would gladly buy you a beer anywhere in Vancouver. Coming from $131/month for Internet 300 and basic Optik, I cannot believe my gaming PC is now screaming patch downloads at over 1.1 gigs.

If you are on contract expiring next month or Jan, def give Telus a call. Be polite, be patient, do not immediately threaten to cancel and go to Shaw. Work WITH the Telus associate and with luck you get a good one like I did today who bent over backwards to get me this insane price for the next 2 years. He even offered me Optik tv for like peanuts but I said no thanks, 980 pure fibre is more than enough for me hehe. Cheers all happy friday, d1gdug I love u bro, cheers from Fairview.
Did you call the regular line, or a special number?
Heat @ 370+
Oct 13, 2009
739 posts
338 upvotes
Edmonton
Best I could do on my first call is $85/mo for 1Gbs. :(
(in EDM)
Nov 10, 2020
15 posts
6 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
IvanAndreevich wrote: Did you call the regular line, or a special number?
due to covid, black friday/cyber monday etc. the telus rep said their lines are getting absolutely slammed right now

1 hr wait normal, call the regular service number, you'll go through the number automated system and eventually be put on hold to speak to a general services rep... be patient with the first line person they really can't do anything for u, my rep tried to offer me $100/month for gigabyte after i told him Shaw offered me $50. I was like uhhhhh, can i get retentions? He was like yeah.... yeah that's probably for the best eh? *lol*
Sep 24, 2018
6 posts
3 upvotes
I just called Telus and an agent from retention team asked the contact no of the person who got this $50 deal for Gigabyte plan and said he will apply the same discount for me as well if I provide the details.

@Varial How did you convinced to get this deal. Can you help me please ?
Varial wrote: Wanted to give a huge huge thank you to this amazing community and especially d1gdug

Called Telus this morning, 10am Pacific, Nov 27th, 2020. Due to high call volume, got some jazz music for approximately 54 mins, no big deal I just watched Netflix. General service operator (Chad?) answered and super politely tried to help me but unfortunately my request to match Shaw's $50/month gigabyte fibre was not possible for him. He quickly forwarded me to fibre retention services where a 2nd operator (very nice guy but couldn't catch his name, he said it like 4x too but bit of an accent) was able to get me Telus Purefibre Gigabyte plan for just over $50/month after bill credits etc.

Thank you again to d1gdug for the amazing advice, if not for covid I would gladly buy you a beer anywhere in Vancouver. Coming from $131/month for Internet 300 and basic Optik, I cannot believe my gaming PC is now screaming patch downloads at over 1.1 gigs.

If you are on contract expiring next month or Jan, def give Telus a call. Be polite, be patient, do not immediately threaten to cancel and go to Shaw. Work WITH the Telus associate and with luck you get a good one like I did today who bent over backwards to get me this insane price for the next 2 years. He even offered me Optik tv for like peanuts but I said no thanks, 980 pure fibre is more than enough for me hehe. Cheers all happy friday, d1gdug I love u bro, cheers from Fairview.
Nov 10, 2020
15 posts
6 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
i am still finishing my 2 yr contract which ends dec 22 but both d1gdug and i got the deal, u can see the screencap a few posts up

i think i will get my new 2 yr contract invoice next month, try and give the telus rep d1gdug's receipt and see if u can get it, gl!
Nov 26, 2020
92 posts
53 upvotes
Vancouver
Is there any deals for new customers? All the good deals posted seem to be from renewal negotiation.
I want to try Telus pure fibre but the upfront cost is a lot more than shaw right now. I don't really need the gigabit and would rather pay less for less speed.
Aug 27, 2015
38 posts
7 upvotes
Devon, AB
PatcheZ wrote: Best I could do on my first call is $85/mo for 1Gbs. :(
(in EDM)
Same deal here, tried to get them down citing what others were getting and they want proof so sounds like it's either regional or they're hitting good CSRs. I hate when they do this instead of just giving us a fair price.
Nov 27, 2020
7 posts
1 upvote
I am with MTS in wpg and am currently at 25 mbs. i need Wayyyy faster speed and wondering what you could offer?
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2007
1340 posts
1431 upvotes
Land of Oil & Ga…
My $65/month 300mbps unlimited data plan is expiring next month, and renews at about $95/month.

Just called in and I am signing up for 2 years $80/month 300mbps, unlimited data, PikTV and getting the $100 PikTV box for free.
Aug 3, 2006
168 posts
46 upvotes
Thanks all, I called in this morning, I didn't get as good of a deal as some of you, but I'm happy. $50 per month for 12 mos, with a $50 one time credit. Only internet 150 though, which I've had for a few years already and which I'm satisfied with.
Mar 16, 2019
6 posts
called yesterday, got $70 for internet 300 for 24 months. Call again today, the rep gives me more $10 discount for 12 months.
Jul 15, 2003
931 posts
411 upvotes
d1gdug wrote: here are my tips:
- they only really budged when I called in to set a cancellation date
- they also budged when I said Shaw would match my current bill which is around the same price. Although I said something along the same lines to the overseas reps but they wouldnt budge
- Try calling at different parts of the day, if its after 8pm PST likely you will get overseas. Since you are on fiber, call the general line and ask specifically to be transferred to the "pure fiber retentions North America team"

here is my confirmation if that helps
Awesome deal! I already reupped like three months ago and paying about the same, but I'm only at Internet 75 and my TV package is slightly better than yours. Not sure if I can renegotiate my contract, but would be nice to b/c of the Black Friday promotion.

Might give it a shot due to all the good deals everyone is getting!
Feb 5, 2008
21 posts
1 upvote
Calgary, AB
Called in today around 11:30 MST. Got 1Gig and Pick 4+1 for $110+tax. $75 for the Internet, $35 for the TV. I'm in Calgary. Was paying $120 for the old pick 6 package & 750/750.
Nov 13, 2020
33 posts
8 upvotes
Is there any reason to stay with shaw over going to novus? My building is qualified for novus and paying $120 currently for internet 300 with shaw no contract been with them for 5 years.
Feb 29, 2012
792 posts
356 upvotes
VictorY50052 wrote: Is there any reason to stay with shaw over going to novus? My building is qualified for novus and paying $120 currently for internet 300 with shaw no contract been with them for 5 years.
Shaw Movie but that's about it.
I use Telus now because they have better rates
Jul 18, 2016
117 posts
96 upvotes
Reading the recent posts I want to catch a bf internet/tv plan with Telus as my Shaw contract is ending in Feb; would Telus allow you to sign up now but not start services with them until Feb?

Any reps here I can get in touch with, I was reading a post someone got $45 for gig internet. Or any plan (either internet or internet and Shaw) decent enough to beat Shaw, I am willing to go to Telus. TIA
Nov 20, 2016
53 posts
73 upvotes
d1gdug wrote: here are my tips:
- they only really budged when I called in to set a cancellation date
- they also budged when I said Shaw would match my current bill which is around the same price. Although I said something along the same lines to the overseas reps but they wouldnt budge
- Try calling at different parts of the day, if its after 8pm PST likely you will get overseas. Since you are on fiber, call the general line and ask specifically to be transferred to the "pure fiber retentions North America team"

here is my confirmation if that helps
just tried and was not able to get close to what you get. best i can get is 2yr contract $89 with $200 credit for gigbit. The rep said he doesn't know how you would be able to get it, he tried stack up the account thats the best he can do.

Would you be able to PM me your account number and I can maybe try to get the rep to look it up and apply the same discount you get?
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2007
1394 posts
783 upvotes
wtengi wrote:
just tried and was not able to get close to what you get. best i can get is 2yr contract $89 with $200 credit for gigbit. The rep said he doesn't know how you would be able to get it, he tried stack up the account thats the best he can do.

Would you be able to PM me your account number and I can maybe try to get the rep to look it up and apply the same discount you get?
Similar experience here. I'm currently covid-laid-off, so every $ saved is a good thing. My $64 300ul/dl discounts are expiring as we speak. They forwarded me to the loyalty line and the best offered was :
6m 300dl for $60 (it's likely best to have 1y or 2y to land on consecutive black fridays, and I don't want to call in multiple times a year). Or a
2y gigabit for $99, which is what they offer on the web page.

I prefer telus, but it might be time to change it up.
Last edited by Drizzt on Nov 29th, 2020 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)