Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Telus] (CRAZY Internet / TV / Phone Price Match Offer with Shaw)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 3rd, 2020 8:33 pm
Tags:
Sep 27, 2010
136 posts
30 upvotes
New customer here looking for an internet deal with Telus pure fiber. Pm me with offers
Sep 5, 2005
570 posts
1275 upvotes
Victoria
llcooljayce wrote: Shaw customer with an expiring contract in July.

Called Telus and they aren't offering me anything better than what's online on Telus.com. What number are people calling to negotiate their deals? I just called 310-2255.

Looking for gigabit internet with some TV. Was offered $145 for a 2 year commitment.

Any clues?
When you call as a new customer, they'll often match a published competitor offer if you bring it to their attention, but that's about it.
Banned
Dec 28, 2019
1021 posts
643 upvotes
hesp wrote: i had my account fixed and got $25 for Essentials and two theme packs and 750 for $35 on a two yr plan
Good deal!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
7577 posts
3832 upvotes
Alberta
jarfgames wrote: You need to call loyalty to have any chance of a better deal. Just call in and press the number for "cancel". When I signed up with Telus originally, it took a few calls to Loyalty before I got someone willing to actually give me a good deal so you might need to try multiple times, whether it's Shaw or Telus you're dealing with.
I talked to Shaw loyalty on my contract that expired yesterday. They won’t offer me anything except less Internet speed and less one TV bundle for more money than what I’m paying now. Going to TELUS no matter what happens now for the fibre since it’s already ran to the side of my house.
Nov 18, 2017
390 posts
221 upvotes
llcooljayce wrote: Shaw customer with an expiring contract in July.

Called Telus and they aren't offering me anything better than what's online on Telus.com. What number are people calling to negotiate their deals? I just called 310-2255.

Looking for gigabit internet with some TV. Was offered $145 for a 2 year commitment.

Any clues?
Point this out to them...

https://www.telus.com/en/deals-and-bund ... t85_B_mass
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
5695 posts
4455 upvotes
Calgary
Any Shaw agents on this thread? I need a shaw deal please.
Nov 10, 2011
94 posts
9 upvotes
I'm with Shaw but would prefer Telus. My contract is expiring soon so I hope to find a decent Telus deal
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2004
5184 posts
3658 upvotes
Vancouver
I am looking for deals for a brand new customer in Edmonton. Please send me any if you have them (Shaw or Telus etc)
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
1058 posts
53 upvotes
Looking for a deal with Telus as plan is up next month, currently paying $170 for Optik 50 internet and pick 8 plus movies Optik TV. Would like to get a better deal and stay with Telus, reps please PM.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"- Albert Einstein
Jul 24, 2012
258 posts
124 upvotes
Canada
After more than a decade with Shaw and my 2 year contract expiring the best they could offer (with multiple calls) was Internet 300 and Personal Home Phone for $105/month. Or I could move up to Internet 600 for $115/month. My current monthly rate just went up to $115 after my $75 promotional pricing ended.

Telus just installed Fiber in my area last year (Edmonton area) and gave me a call to offer me Gigabit Internet and Home Phone Lite for $97 a month ($85+$12) plus because of my Telus Mobility plan I get an additional $10/month off my bill. They also offered me a total of $350 in credits ($250 for coming from Shaw, $50 for Telus Mobility and $50 for going with a weekday installation).

Telus will be at my house next week for installation.
Jul 31, 2019
45 posts
8 upvotes
Also looking for shaw or telus reps. With the wife out of a job, I'm just looking for the best deal. Coming off a 55$ a month 300/10 plan w/ shaw and I don't mind moving over to Telus if the deal is worth it. I've been eyeing this 85$ (bro in law said he could get it for 75$???) gigabyte plan they are offering but not sure I need that service. Really would be nice to find a plan comparable to what I'm paying now. I do not have any use for TV. A landline is fine though... (paying 15$ for it now).

Any reps please PM! THanks!
Jul 31, 2019
45 posts
8 upvotes
Just an update, Shaw in my case has made absolutely zero attempt to keep me as a client. Just was not expecting that after 20 years of service they always seem to agree to a better deal with me after talking to a 3rd or 4th person. If I receive a call back from them after cancelling, no way in hell I'm going to accept it after going through all the hoops and getting a deal with Telus. At that point I'm going to be like, why didn't you offer this in the first place? Dealing with cell phone companies has gotten a lot easier; wish it could translate to internet negotiations.