• Nov 2nd, 2019 5:54 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
3663 posts
2325 upvotes
Edmonton

TELUS Customer Service

Wow, everything is outsourced to Central America, Philippines, etc. I have even tried the press for French. Got a guy speaking French who was actually bilingual and he confirmed that he was not in Canada.

It seems impossible to do escalation. I found this form:

Contact TELUS Management Escalation Team

but since this is on a corporate account, could not use chat feature and had to fill in the form. Tried the form numerous times. It does not "submit". Just get the swirling indefinitely. Am I surprised?
6 replies
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20105 posts
5538 upvotes
Good Morning
Yup, it's cheaper. Soon automation will sweep and that too will replace call centers so you'll be talking to AI robots.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2003
3062 posts
281 upvotes
Toronto, ON
The only difference with Telus though is that they actually own all their outsourced people. From the buildings, to training, to them being Telus International employees.
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw." - Jack Handey
References
HeatWare
Nov 30, 2015
406 posts
201 upvotes
GTA, ON
My experience with Telus customer service has always been positive. Never asked where they are based.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
1679 posts
330 upvotes
BC
To me its of no consequence where they are based if they are knowledgeable.
"If you ever doubted yourself, remember, the Stupidest Man on earth became President" Li Ka Shing
Apr 15, 2010
201 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
Chrispy wrote: The only difference with Telus though is that they actually own all their outsourced people. From the buildings, to training, to them being Telus International employees.
Could be why their customer service is better than most (Cough Freedom cough).
Telus
Line 1 $45 25gb with 20% off and $7.50 Family Discount
Line 2 $45 25gb with $7.50 Family Discount