Telus EPP new device after contract end

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2020 10:53 am
[OP]
Mar 2, 2010
429 posts
37 upvotes

Telus EPP new device after contract end

Has anyone dealt with Telus for EPP after 2year device subsidy contract is over to get a new device?

I have a Telus EPP for $56/month. Contract is now over 2-years are up. I don’t see any offers in my account, so am wondering how would device upgrade work.

Issue is that I am no longer at the company I got EPP through. I believe plan is still good. So issue is losing the plan as well, if I call them. Can anyone share their experience or insights.

PS: I have another line on the same account for my wife as well. Her contract would be up in a few months. I don’t want to risk her account either.

Thanks
Neeraj Garg - Origin Homes Canada
Real Estate Sales Representative
1 reply
Jun 30, 2009
255 posts
131 upvotes
After your contract ends, they will keep you on the same plan at the same cost.

The current EPP offers I have seen offer a phone on the "bring it back" plan. So you would enter a new contract, they would give you a new phone, and then after the contract ends, you would give back the phone or buy it out. Not great compared to previous EPP plans.

You could just call them and tell them you want to know what new plans are available. They don't check to see if you are still with the same company. Last I heard, most EPP plans for most businesses/associations were $60 for 10 Gigs LTE and then speed drops to 512kbps (peace of mind plan).