Hot Deals

[Telus EPP] Samsung S21 Ultra - $ 15.75 monthly (bring-it-back amt. $ 610) + 15 GB plan for $ 56 per month + free Samsung Buds live

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 30th, 2021 11:05 am
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
7311 posts
3816 upvotes
Montreal
xbournex wrote: This whole bring it back program is so stupid. Theyre essentially telling you your phone only lasts 2 years by getting you to return it. Why spend almost $400 and own nothing after two years?
Phones are getting more expensive

Bring it back is a way to rent a new phone

It’s like renting a car, people rent because cars are expensive

If you want to keep same phone for many years, you don’t have to pick the highest end model.

You can buy used phone too, the phones that are brought back after 2 years are sold used

Considering how much I use my phone , $400 for 2 years would be a deal
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2007
3392 posts
3722 upvotes
Toronto
cashinstinct wrote: Phones are getting more expensive

Bring it back is a way to rent a new phone

It’s like renting a car, people rent because cars are expensive

If you want to keep same phone for many years, you don’t have to pick the highest end model.

You can buy used phone too, the phones that are brought back after 2 years are sold used

Considering how much I use my phone , $400 for 2 years would be a deal
Im waiting for the S21 FE release in August , supposed to be a great phone and much cheaper than the S21 with minimal differences
Nov 25, 2018
141 posts
93 upvotes
So we'd be paying 71.75$ monthly for the phone and plan ? If I read this correctly.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2013
1053 posts
928 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote: Because 2 years is the maximum allowable length of contract, regardless of what happens with the phone. They tried to bring back 3-year "financing" plans but the CRTC told them to screw off.
Too bad. This seems like a missed opportunity. Right now we can get 15 GB for $50/m. What if we could get 15 GB for $40/m but you had to sign a 3-year contract? Would you sign up for a 3-year contract if the monthly price for service was regulated to be 20% or more off the 2-year price?

Edit. I guess carriers would then just jack up the 2-year rates so the 3-yr would be $50/m.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2018
5340 posts
4393 upvotes
xbournex wrote: This whole bring it back program is so stupid. Theyre essentially telling you your phone only lasts 2 years by getting you to return it. Why spend almost $400 and own nothing after two years? And if you keep the phone, you pay nearly $1000 for it over 2 years. What discount exactly?
I have my s8 now for nearly 4 years, it was free and if my memory serves me, $45 or $55 plan. I barely use over 3gb of data, let alone 15. WiFi at work, WiFi at home.
i love BIB programs..i don't want to keep my phone after two years anyways and this is basically like leasing a car which is what i like. I mean you can buy it if you want..but that's dumb move when there's no discount to paying all the money upfront. Telus takes on risk of depreciation now instead of you.

what's the downside? just do BIB and buy it at end if you love to keep your phones, still pay less upfront and tie up less money. there's zero downside. if you break your phone within two years..again, no difference than if you bought it.
Jul 5, 2017
105 posts
111 upvotes
This is actually a great deal as long as you don't damage the device. Phones get extremely outdated and batteries stop holding charge at 3yrs, so being able to get a new phone after 2yrs is great. Why would you want to buy it back after 2yrs tho, resale value is very poor and its just e-waste waiting for a battery replacement at that point, so this is the way to go.
Sep 11, 2017
80 posts
66 upvotes
Has anyone had success trying to negotiate out of the Galaxy buds offer? I don't need them. Thinking about different strategies to try: Maybe put the $199 retail value toward the device? Maybe credit monthly bills? Maybe replace with an S pen?
Feb 8, 2008
107 posts
101 upvotes
Surrey
Because you have to pay taxes up front, do you get them back if you don't buy the phone in the end?
May 4, 2006
604 posts
306 upvotes
Mississauga
Exactly, well put. I did samething with Telus EPP, but instead got the iPhone 12 128gb for approx. $14 a month.
StatsGuy wrote: i love BIB programs..i don't want to keep my phone after two years anyways and this is basically like leasing a car which is what i like. I mean you can buy it if you want..but that's dumb move when there's no discount to paying all the money upfront. Telus takes on risk of depreciation now instead of you.

what's the downside? just do BIB and buy it at end if you love to keep your phones, still pay less upfront and tie up less money. there's zero downside. if you break your phone within two years..again, no difference than if you bought it.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
5063 posts
5013 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Otugrapes wrote: Has anyone had success trying to negotiate out of the Galaxy buds offer? I don't need them. Thinking about different strategies to try: Maybe put the $199 retail value toward the device? Maybe credit monthly bills? Maybe replace with an S pen?
It's a Samsung promo that has nothing to do with Telus, so no. You don't even get them when you get the phone, you get a voucher to use on Samsung's website after you register the phone on your Samsung account.
Sep 11, 2017
80 posts
66 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote: It's a Samsung promo that has nothing to do with Telus, so no. You don't even get them when you get the phone, you get a voucher to use on Samsung's website after you register the phone on your Samsung account.
Thanks for the reply! That's really lame but you're right they probably won't budge.
May 21, 2018
36 posts
36 upvotes
Why are there no damn iPhone 12 pro max epp deals Damm it
Dec 29, 2013
68 posts
10 upvotes
Otugrapes wrote: Has anyone had success trying to negotiate out of the Galaxy buds offer? I don't need them. Thinking about different strategies to try: Maybe put the $199 retail value toward the device? Maybe credit monthly bills? Maybe replace with an S pen?
I got the retail price + tx after a complaint with Rogers... I purchased 2 phones BIB the 22 may and I asked for my buds last week, they said we could credit the amount of each buds.
Jun 2, 2015
44 posts
2 upvotes
Knowlton, QC
I'm probably going to get the S21 (standard) for the $0 upfront, and $5 per month BiB. Does anyone know if any stores in Canada carry the 256GB version? I cant seem to find it anywhere. 128GB with no SD card might be a little tight.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
5063 posts
5013 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
esto007 wrote:
I got the retail price + tx after a complaint with Rogers... I purchased 2 phones BIB the 22 may and I asked for my buds last week, they said we could credit the amount of each buds.
Don't know if that was a different promo from this current one, but if you're missing your Buds it's probably your fault.

Attached is how the current one works. The T&Cs are from Best Buy but it's the same everywhere, Telus EPP even straight up says it's fulfilled by Samsung.
Images
  • 63A62830-E104-47DE-91F4-F98179B014A2.jpeg
Dec 29, 2013
68 posts
10 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote: Don't know if that was a different promo from this current one, but if you're missing your Buds it's probably your fault.

Attached is how the current one works. The T&Cs are from Best Buy but it's the same everywhere, Telus EPP even straight up says it's fulfilled by Samsung.
I know that, but i was on my 30 days of satisfaction... i said to Rogers, i will leave for Telus or give me my buds... and they offer me a credit of amount of bud+tx.... great for me and they keep me.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
5063 posts
5013 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
esto007 wrote: I know that, but i was on my 30 days of satisfaction... i said to Rogers, i will leave for Telus or give me my buds... and they offer me a credit of amount of bud+tx.... great for me and they keep me.
So you essentially went full Karen on a poor Rogers rep?

Come on dude.
Dec 29, 2013
68 posts
10 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote: So you essentially went full Karen on a poor Rogers rep?

Come on dude.
Are you kidding me, i want to save money and the rep was very great.
Im debating about a thing a purchase with my money, Rogers have enough money to give away...lloll
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
5063 posts
5013 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
esto007 wrote: Are you kidding me, i want to save money and the rep was very great.
Im debating about a thing a purchase with my money, Rogers have enough money to give away...lloll
It doesn't matter considering you were objectively in the wrong lol. Spin it any way you want, you literally called to complain about something that was your own fault!