Telus finally has a $100 Prepaid Card!

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2010 11:31 am
[OP]
Jul 7, 2008
278 posts
61 upvotes

Telus finally has a $100 Prepaid Card!

Seems like Telus silently released a $100 prepaid top up card, that's valid for 365 days!! It's pretty awesome if you don't go through your minutes quickly and don't like topping up monthly.

http://telusmobility.ca/qc/payandtalk/topup.shtml#2

I guess they've been having a hard time ever since the markets been filled up with players like Virgin Mobile...

Psst. It may not be a hot deal because it's here to stay, but I find it's definitely worth mentioning to you guys.
8 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2008
1322 posts
13 upvotes
ok thanks... but isnt the 50 dollar top up also 365 days? so people could just buy 2

that said. gtfo lol
;) upvote 4 upvote?
[OP]
Jul 7, 2008
278 posts
61 upvotes
Nah, the fifty dollar and the twenty five dollar ones last 60 days, which is a pain in ass because some people don't use their prepaids often enough to justify the cost. The ten dollar cards last 30 days, but it's annoying to top before your month is up.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
5343 posts
1115 upvotes
the_game151 wrote: Nah, the fifty dollar and the twenty five dollar ones last 60 days, which is a pain in ass because some people don't use their prepaids often enough to justify the cost. The ten dollar cards last 30 days, but it's annoying to top before your month is up.
You could always sign up for automatic top-up on your credit card.

I do this ($10 per month x 12 = $120 / year).

I'd rather not buy a top-up that lasts a year even though it's $20 less, because basically it's like a 'contract'. You've paid for a year's service, and if you want to change providers, you lose your investment, unless you wait until the year is up.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 15, 2004
6431 posts
953 upvotes
wow its about time, they have been having the same rate same thing for the past few years.
I hope they don't take it away when the economy gets better
now I am waiting for 20c/min for $10 automatic topup.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 15, 2004
6431 posts
953 upvotes
update: local rate change to 20c/min if you add a feature to the prepaid.

btw does anybody know where to buy the $100 topup? I checked grocery stores and bank machine but it is only up to $50.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 15, 2004
6431 posts
953 upvotes
update: local rate change to 20c/min if you add a feature to your prepaid account.

it seems that the $100 top up card is only available online and not anywhere else (grocery stores, bank machines)
Deal Addict
May 31, 2003
3031 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sf1 wrote: update: local rate change to 20c/min if you add a feature to your prepaid account.

it seems that the $100 top up card is only available online and not anywhere else (grocery stores, bank machines)
I know for sure that Best Buy sells the $100 cards.
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw." - Jack Handey
References
HeatWare

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)