1384 upvotes
Montréal, QC
I have the older model Samsung IconX and they are great
Aug 22, 2007
160 posts
232 upvotes
Toronto
Clee wrote: I have the older model Samsung IconX and they are great
I have the IconX too and would fervently disagree... I hated mine until they died on me. They were too big and heavy so either I had to use the larger sized inserts / supports that would become uncomfortable and start hurting my ears, or I would use the smaller more comfortable size where they would be slightly too loose so the sensors would think they came out and stop playing music. That was, right up until one of the earsbud's speaker got a little damp from sweat and died on me.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
2584 posts
2171 upvotes
condo
the Galaxy Earbuds+ is a worthwhile step up for the better mic, double battery life, and pass through ambiant sound...
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1470 posts
2042 upvotes
Waterloo Region
Greedy Telus cornered the market for these when they launched with the S10, so only folks who preordered the S10 from them could get these in Canada. Hope they choke on their excess inventory.
Apr 24, 2013
851 posts
617 upvotes
Waterloo
Penguin Warlord wrote: I have the IconX too and would fervently disagree... I hated mine until they died on me. They were too big and heavy so either I had to use the larger sized inserts / supports that would become uncomfortable and start hurting my ears, or I would use the smaller more comfortable size where they would be slightly too loose so the sensors would think they came out and stop playing music. That was, right up until one of the earsbud's speaker got a little damp from sweat and died on me.
But they had 1 feature that was incredible, which is on board storage. That means I would not need to carry my brick of a phone with me when running.

I like to be off limits and relax completely when working out. That's impossible if you carry a phone with you.

But the new gen likes phones, too much, so for them this feature was useless
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2129 posts
14765 upvotes
nimfomanijak wrote: I like to be off limits and relax completely when working out. That's impossible if you carry a phone with you.
Airplane mode and phone arm band holder...?
Oct 16, 2012
40 posts
30 upvotes
LONDON
Does anyone have any reason to believe the $40 amex credits would not work with this? Could bring the price down another 40 bucks if so.
Aug 17, 2018
315 posts
215 upvotes
danzerino wrote: Not bad!
And still not worth it, due to crappy microphone. Save up and buy +
Apr 24, 2013
851 posts
617 upvotes
Waterloo
Leverage wrote: Airplane mode and phone arm band holder...?
Yeah, that could be a workaround but still too much hassle just to be uninterrupted. Isn't it nice to leave your phone home and be free?
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
2010 posts
1405 upvotes
Clee wrote: I have the older model Samsung IconX and they are great
Also have Iconx. The only thing is galaxy buds don't have built in storage, which sucks in my opinion.
Mar 3, 2012
362 posts
202 upvotes
HAMILTON
jackrabbit000 wrote: The + is a better buy.
Does the plus have a better mic?
I have the regular ones and I can't talk with anyone on them
May 13, 2012
353 posts
272 upvotes
CALGARY
Penguin Warlord wrote: I have the IconX too and would fervently disagree... I hated mine until they died on me. They were too big and heavy so either I had to use the larger sized inserts / supports that would become uncomfortable and start hurting my ears, or I would use the smaller more comfortable size where they would be slightly too loose so the sensors would think they came out and stop playing music. That was, right up until one of the earsbud's speaker got a little damp from sweat and died on me.
My iconx went through the washer and the dryer once and survived, I think I got really lucky and you got unlucky.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
2584 posts
2171 upvotes
condo
nimfomanijak wrote: But they had 1 feature that was incredible, which is on board storage. That means I would not need to carry my brick of a phone with me when running.

I like to be off limits and relax completely when working out. That's impossible if you carry a phone with you.

But the new gen likes phones, too much, so for them this feature was useless
gear fit2 pro or galaxy watch?
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
2584 posts
2171 upvotes
condo
Igoran4s wrote: Does the plus have a better mic?
I have the regular ones and I can't talk with anyone on them
yes, triple mic, one inside the ear canal and two outside.
Sep 6, 2018
90 posts
60 upvotes
tmonies wrote: yes, triple mic, one inside the ear canal and two outside.
Is 160 a good price for the plus?
Mar 27, 2016
451 posts
406 upvotes
Vancouver
jaysdt wrote: Is 160 a good price for the plus?
Amazon had them for $150 one day last week.