Expired Hot Deals

[Telus] Internet 300, Essentials TV, Home Security for $90/m + $700 in credits and a phone deal to boot!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 5th, 2021 3:00 am
[OP]
Nov 20, 2020
15 posts
18 upvotes
BC

[Telus] Internet 300, Essentials TV, Home Security for $90/m + $700 in credits and a phone deal to boot!

First time posting and of all the ones I had to post, its a Robelus deal... but hear me out and vote accordingly.

Was contacted by a Telus agent earlier today probably since my name and cell number is on my in-laws home internet account. Figure I'll see what he was going to offer and it wasn't great. Good for them, meh for me.

So I ask what they're offering new customers for internet, currently on Shaw Fibre+600 paying about $110 but not crazy about the quality and how many times I've had to call to genuinely complain.

After a bit of back and forth, I'm offered Internet 300/300, TV essentials, and basic home security for $110 plus $550 in bill credits. Asked to be emailed the details and while we're doing that he asked who my phone provider is and I tell him Virgin $50 9GB (thanks to RFD). He asks what I do for work and since COVID I'm mostly at home but go out the odd time. Average really only 2gb, maybe 3. He comes back with a $35 4GB Koodo plan which ALSO gets me $10 × 24 months the internet plan, which brings me to $100/m. Had also mentioned I'm in the education field, and even though Koodo doesn't do EPP, he offered me another $10 × 24 months AND $150 bill credit. Was also offered a free wireless home phone but have literally zero use for that.

So final offer, $90/m (2 yr term price lock TV+INT, 3 yr Security) breaks down like this:

Internet 300/300 $70
Tv $25
Security $15
Koodo $35 (connection fee credit of $45)

Monthly discounts -$20 × 24 months
Bill credits $700

Wanted the day to talk it over with my partner but I don't see why I shouldn't take this deal?? 99% sure I'll be calling him back tomorrow.

(Edit: mentioned offer is good until Jan 4th most likely)

(Edit #2: Turns out I was given $700 in bill credits! Post has been updated.)

Edit #3: One more day left, confirmed this with the rep after another member mentioned it to me. January 5th EOD
Last edited by WillNyTheNiceGuy on Jan 4th, 2021 11:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.
29 replies
Aug 24, 2018
640 posts
869 upvotes
Langley BC
Thats a great deal special with your $600 in bill credits (almost like getting another $25 off a month **after tax**).
Koodo $35 5 Gig deal (x2)
[OP]
Nov 20, 2020
15 posts
18 upvotes
BC
To be honest, I don't recall if it was a one time or spread out monthly. I would assume it's one time before taxes though.
Apr 27, 2012
36 posts
31 upvotes
Vancouver
Any way you could pm the contact you have pls? Thanks in advance!!
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
2166 posts
1600 upvotes
WillNyTheNiceGuy wrote: To be honest, I don't recall if it was a one time or spread out monthly. I would assume it's one time before taxes though.
Telus bill credits are after taxes, hell their discounts are after taxes too!...

You got contact details for that rep? Looking, on behalf of a friend, for internet and pick 4+1. Thanks! :)
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2004
1229 posts
450 upvotes
Vancouver
If you have Gold roadside assistance from the Canadian tire mastercard you can use Perkopolis for Telus as well for the credits.

Here's the credits on the website:

TV + Internet:
EPP Boxing Week Special Offer includes $50 Optik TV Bill Credit*+ Boxing Week $50 Optik TV Bill Credit*+ $50 Boxing Week Internet Bill Credit* totalling $150

$480 EPP New Service Discount*
$240 TELUS Mobility Bundling Discount*
$50 Weekday Installation Bonus Credit*
$100 Simple Switch Credit Available*

Internet only:
EPP Boxing Week Special Offer includes a $50 Boxing Week Internet Bill Credit*

$240 EPP New Service Discount*
$50 Simple Switch Credit Available*
Last edited by someone16 on Jan 2nd, 2021 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 29, 2010
61 posts
22 upvotes
Vancouver
PM please for the contact of the telus rep.
Dec 11, 2020
5 posts
5 upvotes
This is what I got so far with regular representative.I live in BC and currently with Shaw. Will talk to the shaw again before my contract ends.

If Shaw doesn't give better deal then I will switch to Telus. From previous experience, Shaw usually will call back and give better deals once you switched out. Good luck

Telus offer:

2 years contract:
Internet 75 $70
Limited tv $30 (HD Cantonese channel for free) 2 TV box
Home phone $12 (free 5000mins/month Asia long distance)
Total $112/month
$450 bill credit

Shaw offer:
2 years contract
Internet 600
Limited TV with Cantonese package and Asia HD
Home phone with Asia unlimited
Total $115/ month for first 6 months then $125/month 7-24 months
Bill credit $100
[OP]
Nov 20, 2020
15 posts
18 upvotes
BC
someone16 wrote: If you have Canadian tire mastercard you can use perkopolis for Telus as well for the credits.
I don't have that card, but maybe that will help someone else out!
Oct 25, 2010
764 posts
359 upvotes
someone16 wrote: If you have Gold roadside assistance from the Canadian tire mastercard you can use Perkopolis for Telus as well for the credits.

TV + Internet:
EPP Boxing Week Special Offer includes $50 Optik TV Bill Credit*+ Boxing Week $50 Optik TV Bill Credit*+ $50 Boxing Week Internet Bill Credit* totalling $150

Internet only:

Oh wow u are making me want to get the card because that internet only pricing is great!
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
1509 posts
1064 upvotes
BC
someone16 wrote: If you have Gold roadside assistance from the Canadian tire mastercard you can use Perkopolis for Telus as well for the credits.
is that the WE version? i presume the regular CT MC doesn't qualify?
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2004
1229 posts
450 upvotes
Vancouver
muffin4life wrote: is that the WE version? i presume the regular CT MC doesn't qualify?
Yea WE version. Since it's free I would get it if you can. Perkopolis is more useful than I thought. Had the Samsung S20FE deal on black friday and now Telus.
Apr 26, 2011
60 posts
6 upvotes
Surrey
Asian stuff is great but as a non Asian I can't see the value in this particular package
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
2428 posts
352 upvotes
North Vancouver
only internet deal on Perkopolis website there's no Telus mobile plan deal, right?

TV + Internet:

Internet only:

Jan 3, 2008
276 posts
29 upvotes
Victoria
WillNyTheNiceGuy wrote: First time posting and of all the ones I had to post, its a Robelus deal... but hear me out and vote accordingly.

Was contacted by a Telus agent earlier today probably since my name and cell number is on my in-laws home internet account. Figure I'll see what he was going to offer and it wasn't great. Good for them, meh for me.

So I ask what they're offering new customers for internet, currently on Shaw Fibre+600 paying about $110 but not crazy about the quality and how many times I've had to call to genuinely complain.

After a bit of back and forth, I'm offered Internet 300/300, TV essentials, and basic home security for $110 plus $550 in bill credits. Asked to be emailed the details and while we're doing that he asked who my phone provider is and I tell him Virgin $50 9GB (thanks to RFD). He asks what I do for work and since COVID I'm mostly at home but go out the odd time. Average really only 2gb, maybe 3. He comes back with a $35 4GB Koodo plan which ALSO gets me $10 × 24 months the internet plan, which brings me to $100/m. Had also mentioned I'm in the education field, and even though Koodo doesn't do EPP, he offered me another $10 × 24 months AND $150 bill credit. Was also offered a free wireless home phone but have literally zero use for that.

So final offer, $90/m (2 yr term price lock TV+INT, 3 yr Security) breaks down like this:

Internet 300/300 $70
Tv $25
Security $15
Koodo $35 (connection fee credit of $45)

Monthly discounts -$20 × 24 months
Bill credits $700

Wanted the day to talk it over with my partner but I don't see why I shouldn't take this deal?? 99% sure I'll be calling him back tomorrow.

(Edit: mentioned offer is good until Jan 4th most likely)

(Edit #2: Turns out I was given $700 in bill credits! Post has been updated.)
Were you new to Telus, or already an existing customer?
Jul 17, 2020
2 posts
Do existing customers get a deal similar to this ? I’ve asked a few stores and reps and these deals are usually for new customers.

This is a sweeet deal!!
May 24, 2003
163 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
I have a ct world elite cash back card. How do I access Perkopolis offer?
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
1509 posts
1064 upvotes
BC
someone16 wrote: Yea WE version. Since it's free I would get it if you can. Perkopolis is more useful than I thought. Had the Samsung S20FE deal on black friday and now Telus.
cool... CT stopped the application on the WE MC when i applied but seems to have brought it back online only... wonder if they will give me an upgrade...

i don't use it much ATM thou... just for bills...
Dec 5, 2011
548 posts
523 upvotes
YVR
Neo wrote: I have a ct world elite cash back card. How do I access Perkopolis offer?
Have you registered for the Roadside Assistance? You need that to join Perkopolis. Once you get your Gold Roadside Assitance set up you just need to register with your RSA account number.