Expired Hot Deals

Telus

Internet 300, Essentials TV, Home Security for $90/m + $700 in credits and a phone deal to boot!

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2021 4:57 pm
Dec 5, 2011
879 posts
889 upvotes
muffin4life wrote: cool... CT stopped the application on the WE MC when i applied but seems to have brought it back online only... wonder if they will give me an upgrade...

i don't use it much ATM thou... just for bills...
Data points say they won't let you upgrade
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
3848 posts
3284 upvotes
islander59 wrote: Data points say they won't let you upgrade
yeah especially since i don't shop CT, Mark's, Sport Chek much...

mainly got this for bill payment without fees... oh well...
Mar 29, 2007
10 posts
OP, Nice find, and thanks for sharing. Think I understand the details of the offer but, can you clarify if the added monthly discounts of less 20$ per month X 24 months, requires one to move their smartphone service over to Koodo?

Also, if understood correctly, is Telus offering an up-front 450$ billing credit...are there restrictions and conditions?...if not too many or restrictive, that looks really sharp.

Could you PM the contact info to me, please?

My situation is similar to Roger826's (thanks also for sharing). Timing is great as my Shaw service contract is expiring soon and pretty disappointed in the frequent dropped connections, when it is most critical and frequent download speed down to a third of what I'm signed up for. Know this is the nature of their technology but, service like that is unacceptable.
[OP]
Nov 20, 2020
19 posts
36 upvotes
BC
gary88 wrote: OP, Nice find, and thanks for sharing. Think I understand the details of the offer but, can you clarify if the added monthly discounts of less 20$ per month X 24 months, requires one to move their smartphone service over to Koodo?

Also, if understood correctly, is Telus offering an up-front 450$ billing credit...are there restrictions and conditions?...if not too many or restrictive, that looks really sharp.

Could you PM the contact info to me, please?

My situation is similar to Roger826's (thanks also for sharing). Timing is great as my Shaw service contract is expiring soon and pretty disappointed in the frequent dropped connections, when it is most critical and frequent download speed down to a third of what I'm signed up for. Know this is the nature of their technology but, service like that is unacceptable.
If I understand your question correctly, I received a discount of $10 x 24 months and a $150 bill credit to move to Koodo. This was done before I set up my internet order as thats how the process works best. Not required, but for me it was worth it to do so.

All the non monthly bill credits which equalled $700 for me are applied to my account right off the bat so I'm not paying anything for a while!

PM'd you!
Jun 8, 2018
22 posts
12 upvotes
I'm still on the $55/month for Internet 300 + pik basic +5 that was posted on here in 2019. I am pretty happy with this package but it will expire in a couple of months. Is there any way to renew this deal?
[OP]
Nov 20, 2020
19 posts
36 upvotes
BC
DeadpoolSurrey wrote: I'm still on the $55/month for Internet 300 + pik basic +5 that was posted on here in 2019. I am pretty happy with this package but it will expire in a couple of months. Is there any way to renew this deal?
Feel like loyalty is who you'd need to contact
Oct 14, 2006
94 posts
16 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Please PM me the rep info. Would like to get this deal.
Apr 7, 2010
55 posts
24 upvotes
Vancouver
Roger826 wrote: This is what I got so far with regular representative.I live in BC and currently with Shaw. Will talk to the shaw again before my contract ends.

If Shaw doesn't give better deal then I will switch to Telus. From previous experience, Shaw usually will call back and give better deals once you switched out. Good luck

Telus offer:

2 years contract:
Internet 75 $70
Limited tv $30 (HD Cantonese channel for free) 2 TV box
Home phone $12 (free 5000mins/month Asia long distance)
Total $112/month
$450 bill credit

Shaw offer:
2 years contract
Internet 600
Limited TV with Cantonese package and Asia HD
Home phone with Asia unlimited
Total $115/ month for first 6 months then $125/month 7-24 months
Bill credit $100
Existing Shaw customer who is outta contract with Shaw, I've been trying to get them to stop raping me every month and offer something decent. They wouldn't so I called into Telus and pretty much stated that I 'knew' someone who got the deal you outlined and they were able to offer something similar for similar price.
Jan 1, 2021
1 posts
just got 150 m for $70 monthly. I tried 3 agents, this is the last one offered, the other 2 only offer 1g for $99
Dec 12, 2015
20 posts
2 upvotes
Edmonton , AB
I called in today as I am telus customer for 6yrs, 1st rep offered $60 for 25mbps I refused called back again and got$85 for 1TB for 2yrs but I have 30days window if I want to get this cancelled with no penalty, I spoke to loyalty dep.