Expired Hot Deals

[Telus] Internet $75/300mbps or $60/150mbps + PIK 5 TV (no free tv box) + $250 credits (2 years) HOT (EXPIRES MAR 11th)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 8th, 2019 9:54 pm
Mar 7, 2008
72 posts
16 upvotes
Called in yesterday as my 2yr agreement was due, initially offered $54/mon for 12 then $100/mon for next 12 on two year 300 plan (also offered $60 credit). Said that I would think about it. They Called back and offered $54/mon for two years. I took it as it was less than my current $66 150 plan. Pik tv is only offered for one month trial now, $10/mon.
Dec 11, 2017
10 posts
23 upvotes
Another data point for existing Telus customers:

Called in 3 times. First 2 reps wouldn't offer anything, gave me the PureFiber sales pitch.
Third rep was very helpful, offered Internet 75 for $40; 150 for $45, 300 for $55.
All offers include PikTV, on 2 year contract. Initially offered $150 credit, asked for more and told $200 is max she could offer.
Dec 9, 2017
47 posts
16 upvotes
Hi all,

I currently reside in Ontario and have TELUS as my cellular service provider.

As far as I know, TELUS home services are a different division and therefore, I would have no “loyalty” as I would be viewed as a new customer for TELUS Home internet services. Correct?

If that’s the case, would I be able to get the TELUS internet 300/300 deal? I will be moving to BC within the next two weeks and need to set something up.

If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great. I’ve sent a couple pms to different posters within this thread, hoping for a response of some sort.

Thanks in advance!
Jul 29, 2007
642 posts
346 upvotes
North America
dngyn420, you can't sign up for something if you're not already there. Since this is an AB/BC deal, you will need to physically be on location. The only thing you can do is wait until you've "moved". Unless of course, you already own a property in BC, then call up the Telus reps and ask for the deal or any deal they can give you (as again, you don't have to mention RFD).
Thank you RFD community for helping me with spending money, I feel so poor now!
Dec 9, 2017
47 posts
16 upvotes
Saltywetguy wrote: dngyn420, you can't sign up for something if you're not already there. Since this is an AB/BC deal, you will need to physically be on location. The only thing you can do is wait until you've "moved". Unless of course, you already own a property in BC, then call up the Telus reps and ask for the deal or any deal they can give you (as again, you don't have to mention RFD).
Thanks for your response. I’ve already found a place to rent, so I do already have an address. I would be calling in to set up a service with them, but looking to get the new customer deal mentioned in the OP of this thread.

Internet 300/300 for $75 with a $250 credit if possible.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2540 posts
958 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
dngyn420 wrote: Thanks for your response. I’ve already found a place to rent, so I do already have an address. I would be calling in to set up a service with them, but looking to get the new customer deal mentioned in the OP of this thread.

Internet 300/300 for $75 with a $250 credit if possible.
That being the case, why couldn't you get a deal in place? I don't see why not. Call Telus and get transferred to loyalty. If you're having trouble due to your current Ontario phone number, use *67 to call in without a known number and get yourself to an agent to transfer you.
So let it be e-mailed...so let it be done!
Feb 24, 2019
1 posts
I'm moving this week, I need that Telus Fibre. I'll send you name/number shortly. Thanks dealguy!
Dec 9, 2017
47 posts
16 upvotes
TheHans wrote: That being the case, why couldn't you get a deal in place? I don't see why not. Call Telus and get transferred to loyalty. If you're having trouble due to your current Ontario phone number, use *67 to call in without a known number and get yourself to an agent to transfer you.
Would anyone be willing to provide a name and phone number for the account which has the Internet 300/300 provisioned to it? Telus rep doesnt seem to believe me -_-''
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2540 posts
958 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
dngyn420 wrote: Would anyone be willing to provide a name and phone number for the account which has the Internet 300/300 provisioned to it? Telus rep doesnt seem to believe me -_-''
I thought you said you had an address. What's not to believe? Telus reps can look up any address that they service. If someone is already renting until you move in, then that's a different story. That person's name and phone number would probably be helpful to you. Not a random one from here.
So let it be e-mailed...so let it be done!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9104 posts
54442 upvotes
Ontario
done. replied all 200 msgs.
COSTCO is closed on October 12 (Thanksgiving)
Saint-Hubert (Quebec) Costco = Oct 12 = 7AM - 6PM
Mar 21, 2011
739 posts
278 upvotes
Delta
I went to a store and was offered this deal;
Internet 150 + Optik TV on 2 years contract for $80/month for 6 month than regular price after. $200 credit and $300 VISA prepaid card.
He said I can come in after 6 months and he can help me cancel without penalty and switch to the 8 months student plan.
Can a store rep can waive the cancellation like that?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9104 posts
54442 upvotes
Ontario
lypang wrote: I went to a store and was offered this deal;
Internet 150 + Optik TV on 2 years contract for $80/month for 6 month than regular price after. $200 credit and $300 VISA prepaid card.
He said I can come in after 6 months and he can help me cancel without penalty and switch to the 8 months student plan.
Can a store rep can waive the cancellation like that?

No. I assumed the rep who helped you is Chinese. There is a way to do it but it is a bit sketchy and I've asked lots of Telus reps with several years of experiences and they said it's not legit.

In lower mainland, there are many reps who are international students from China that are working in Telus, Fido, Rogers, Shaw, Bell etc.

They like to scam people. For example,
- 1 year contract. after 1 year = no cancellation fee but you need to pay $100 upfront fee cash.
- customer didnt want a contract. The rep signed them on a 2-year term and the rep keeps the phone. Customer didn't know until a year later but those reps are gone.
- customer wants to cancel the account. The rep said pay cash and the customer can get 20% discount. ( the rep keeps the cash)

Those are international students so they can quit and go back to China anytime. Many students who got scammed came to me but none of them are willing to file a police report.
COSTCO is closed on October 12 (Thanksgiving)
Saint-Hubert (Quebec) Costco = Oct 12 = 7AM - 6PM
Sep 17, 2007
10 posts
2 upvotes
Kelowna
Just called loyalty. I mentioned the Shaw deal ($45/m 300 + $250 credit 2yr = $830) and the anyone deal on Shaw's website ($50/m 1st year 70/m 2nd year + $250 credit 2yr = $1190). Loyalty offered me ($45/m 300 unlimited 2yr = $1080 ) and ($50/m 300 unlimited + $100 2yr = $1100). They matched the Shaw offering from their website. I accepted the $45/m option as I'm happy with the service from Telus. Packages available in my area are 25, 300, 940. I've been with Telus for about 5 years and I'm located in Kelowna, B.C.

They told me that I can cancel with Telus at anytime, the cancellation fee is $15 per month times the number of months left in your agreement.
Apr 7, 2015
14 posts
3 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
We were recently given a new homeowner offer through our developer and I just wanted to know how this compares the the OP's offer:

Internet 150 + Optik TV Essentials for $15/month for the first year, $133/month thereafter for the remaining year (nets to ~$74/month)
Internet 300 + Optik TV Essentials for $30/month for the first year, $148/month thereafter for the remaining year (nets to ~$89/month)

Was thinking this might be the better deal since I should be able to negotiate a better price after the first year when our rate increases, as we would only need to pay $180 cancellation.