Expired Hot Deals

[Telus] Internet $75/300mbps or $60/150mbps + PIK 5 TV (no free tv box) + $250 credits (2 years) HOT (EXPIRES MAR 11th)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 8th, 2019 9:54 pm
Oct 17, 2012
15 posts
19 upvotes
@Thatdealguy if you could revise the thread title, deal is NOT YET expired for some agents - Expires MARCH 11th, so they have a little bit of time left. (However, cannot offer $250 Credits unless taken with Optik TV.)
Aug 7, 2005
377 posts
2 upvotes
I am a current Shaw customer. Would like to switch to Telus. Please feel free to DM me!
Mar 4, 2019
6 posts
1 upvote
Just want to add another data point for current Telus customers looking to reduce their bill. I bounced offers back and forth between Telus retention and a regular Shaw live chat agent for their respective Internet 300 plans while I was on Telus' Internet 150.
Telus initially offered me a pretty poor deal that averaged to ~$60/mo after I mentioned Shaw's 600 promo and trying to negotiate down the price for a lower speed package.
I brought this to Shaw's agent and they offered me for their Internet 300: $50/mo 1st year, $70/mo 2nd year, plus $250 bill credit. All that averages to ~$50/mo.
I then brought that offer back to Telus retention and they offered me $50/mo for 2 years plus $100 bill credit which averages to ~$46/mo. I ended up accepting this since I don't think Telus will ever match Shaw's $250 bill credit.

I do not have any sort of phone or TV service with Telus.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1898 posts
1368 upvotes
mangoLC wrote: Just want to add another data point for current Telus customers looking to reduce their bill. I bounced offers back and forth between Telus retention and a regular Shaw live chat agent for their respective Internet 300 plans while I was on Telus' Internet 150.
Telus initially offered me a pretty poor deal that averaged to ~$60/mo after I mentioned Shaw's 600 promo and trying to negotiate down the price for a lower speed package.
I brought this to Shaw's agent and they offered me for their Internet 300: $50/mo 1st year, $70/mo 2nd year, plus $250 bill credit. All that averages to ~$50/mo.
I then brought that offer back to Telus retention and they offered me $50/mo for 2 years plus $100 bill credit which averages to ~$46/mo. I ended up accepting this since I don't think Telus will ever match Shaw's $250 bill credit.

I do not have any sort of phone or TV service with Telus.
There was another Telus retention thread under hot deals where current Telus customers posted some screenshots of discounts.
I ended up talking to retentions (showed them the screenshots) and received Telus 750 for $50/month with unlimited data for 2 years and a $200 credit.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9054 posts
53881 upvotes
Ontario
Kaizuri wrote: @Thatdealguy if you could revise the thread title, deal is NOT YET expired for some agents - Expires MARCH 11th, so they have a little bit of time left. (However, cannot offer $250 Credits unless taken with Optik TV.)
you are right. deal is still ongoing but with $250 credits. I guess you are a Telus rep lurking here but can't offer it eh.

My telus guy can still offer $250-$300 though
COSTCO is closed on October 12 (Thanksgiving)
Saint-Hubert (Quebec) Costco = Oct 12 = 7AM - 6PM
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9054 posts
53881 upvotes
Ontario
Chewfam wrote: There was another Telus retention thread under hot deals where current Telus customers posted some screenshots of discounts.
I ended up talking to retentions (showed them the screenshots) and received Telus 750 for $50/month with unlimited data for 2 years and a $200 credit.
can you send me the screenshot? my friend wants to get that promo too. did you do live chat or called them?
COSTCO is closed on October 12 (Thanksgiving)
Saint-Hubert (Quebec) Costco = Oct 12 = 7AM - 6PM
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1898 posts
1368 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote: can you send me the screenshot? my friend wants to get that promo too. did you do live chat or called them?
Yup it's in here posted by @BambooMonster
telus-telus-950-750-plus-optic-tv-pick- ... 2246915/3/

Credit is posted here by @Randoza but looks like it's for TV. I also have tv which is where the credit is for.
telus-telus-950-750-plus-optic-tv-pick- ... 2246915/9/
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2004
1080 posts
20 upvotes
Hey there. I'm currently a Shaw Customer and I'd love to get in on this deal! A PM/phone call/whatever would be awesome!
Mar 6, 2019
1 posts
Current Shaw customer and would like this deal. Please pm me. Thanks
Jan 8, 2015
780 posts
488 upvotes
Signed up as well. Thanks for the info on this thread, definitely helped with knowing how low I could get. The guy I talked to from telus on the phone said there's a 30 day satisfaction guarantee. Not the 10 days I've seen mentioned on here.
Aug 23, 2010
808 posts
235 upvotes
So I thought I had a rep I could contact. Dropped by the house a while back and left a card. I've called a couple of times with no response. Current Shaw customer interested in this deal if anyone has a contact they can pass along, I'd appreciate it.
Jun 26, 2015
81 posts
104 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Current Shaw customer and would like this deal. Please pm me if this is still alive, thanks!
Mar 14, 2018
3 posts
If this deal has been extended (looks like it exp. 3/11), please feel free to DM me!

Thanks in advance :-)
Mar 14, 2018
3 posts
Rhinogator wrote: Current Shaw customer and would like this deal. Please pm me if this is still alive, thanks!
Kaizuri is for real - I spoke to him and signed up yesterday. There's an even better promo going on for Q end, so the timing is better now (if you can believe it)!

I got Internet 300 + Pik TV for $55/mon. + taxes for 24 mons. PLUS a $350 one-time credit.

Happy to provide screenshots if you'd like. Just trying to pay it forward!