Expired Hot Deals

[Telus] Internet $75/300mbps or $60/150mbps + PIK 5 TV (no free tv box) + $250 credits (2 years) HOT (EXPIRES MAR 11th)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 8th, 2019 9:54 pm
Nov 3, 2014
47 posts
9 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Hello, Im currently with Shaw internet only with no contract. Am willing to switch to this great deal with Telus OP. Can you please let me know how to get in touch?

Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
5914 posts
5130 upvotes
Seems like a pretty good deal minus the TV part.

The basic TV includes channels that are all accessible for absolutely FREE via OTA antenna & the option to pick 5 additional channels are very specific not common channels. But the 300mps up & down fibre is definitely a great deal.
Dec 7, 2014
30 posts
9 upvotes
Port Moody, BC
lookin to get this deal too, any info would be appreciated from a telus rep
Dec 8, 2013
22 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver Island
Don’t forget that you’re getting PikTV box for free, which I’m using as Netflix player, YouTube player and Chromecast device.
Oct 15, 2003
142 posts
5 upvotes
So how do I get this deal? Do I need to contact your rep? I’m very interested now since I’m paying almost double that
WINNER! of wineveryhour contest: xbox 360 :D
Jan 27, 2014
122 posts
80 upvotes
Burnaby
interested in an internet only deal with telus.
Apr 9, 2015
186 posts
86 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
call into retentions for this deal? Currently have optik tv essentials.. + internet 75 for around 73 dollars.. would it be worth it to switch?
Mar 4, 2008
537 posts
91 upvotes
BC
I have Shaw and I am on no contract. PM me on how to get on this deal! Tootles!
Last edited by JimboD on Feb 18th, 2019 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 27, 2012
3 posts
Victoria
Wow, time to leave shaw. I'm paying $82.39 for "high speed 25". All-in with taxes is over $92 every month! I don't own a tv and don't want one so internet only is what I need.
Mar 4, 2008
537 posts
91 upvotes
BC
filangy321 wrote: Wow, time to leave shaw. I'm paying $82.39 for "high speed 25". All-in with taxes is over $92 every month! I don't own a tv and don't want one so internet only is what I need.
Holy fack! You're getting screwed!
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3822 upvotes
Just so you guys know, I got a rep at Telus who got me down all the way to 45/m for the 300/300 for 2 years, no contract. Probably extremely YMMV, but there could be a chance. It was for internet only. I was limited to 1TB usage and Telus charges overages.

If you live in a high density area like Condos yes go with Telus. Better ping and speeds.

But if you live in a low density (suburb, houses, etc), Shaw can be close to par. For example I get 300 with Shaw as well on speed test. Ping is the same or just slightly worse, and with some servers it might be a few mb/s slower (Telus 20mb/s and Shaw 10mb/s downloading from battlenet).

I switched to Shaw because speeds of over 100 mbps are already ridiculously fast, I live in a suburb house neighborhood so I get the full speeds all the time, ping is fine and I never really made use of the 300mbps upload speed. 15mbps is plenty for my needs. Also no overages as Shaw is unlimited. So I'm paying the same 45/m, but I extended it now til feb/2021, and got an extra $250 to boot on my first bill, so not going to say no to free moneyz. Feels like a much easier promo to take advantage of than the bank chequing promos I kept doing.

Anyway, see if you maybe can get even a lower monthly price, maybe even match Shaw's 45/m, although with Telus $250 credits, they might not bite since fibre is indeed of higher quality.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
5914 posts
5130 upvotes
shellguard wrote: Don’t forget that you’re getting PikTV box for free, which I’m using as Netflix player, YouTube player and Chromecast device.
In 2019 it's quite hard to find many devices that don't come with those features built-in, and anyone looking at this plan will almost guaranteed to have at least one.

Smart TVs are almost a standard at any price range.

PS4/Xbox

Or even just having a Chromecast are everywhere.

The TV bundle and box is like a free add-on that shouldn't be any reason to switch to. You get basic OTA that everyone else gets + 5 random channels that most people have no interest in.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2004
1349 posts
227 upvotes
Burnaby
Thanks TDG so much.
If shaw balks again on loyalty/retention.. or your deal posted, Telus here I come.
Jun 19, 2007
148 posts
75 upvotes
I’ll jump on this how do I actually get it?
Aug 19, 2011
240 posts
118 upvotes
As with others. Shaw lost my business today, How do I get in on this?