Expired Hot Deals

[Telus] Internet $75/300mbps or $60/150mbps + PIK 5 TV (no free tv box) + $250 credits (2 years) HOT (EXPIRES MAR 11th)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 8th, 2019 9:54 pm
Dec 8, 2013
22 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver Island
For Basic OTA you need an antenna and a tuner. I don't have any of these.
This Pik TV box is free, give you 28 + 5 channels for free. Not a reason to switch, but it is a nice freebie.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
1843 posts
1296 upvotes
filangy321 wrote: Wow, time to leave shaw. I'm paying $82.39 for "high speed 25". All-in with taxes is over $92 every month! I don't own a tv and don't want one so internet only is what I need.
Just saying... If you got another name you can use to sign up with Shaw with, there's a $45 Internet 300 promo with $250 credits going on. But if you like the stability of Telus, then this is a good deal!
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2074 posts
1114 upvotes
Vancouveresque
I'm paying $105/mo for PureFibre 150/150 with no TV at all, and my term just ended a few months ago. I'd love to get in on this somehow..
Nobody cares which exploitative corporations you give your money to every month. Capitalism is a plague on this planet. Get that crap out of your signature.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
5908 posts
5124 upvotes
shellguard wrote: For Basic OTA you need an antenna and a tuner. I don't have any of these.
This Pik TV box is free, give you 28 + 5 channels for free. Not a reason to switch, but it is a nice freebie.
Most modern TVs have a tuner built in.

You can get antennas for a few bucks or make your own with basic items found at home for free.

Face With Rolling Eyes
Feb 17, 2019
4 posts
Very interested as just purchased a new house and currently haven't decided between Telus or Shaw. Could I get some info OP? Thanks in advance!
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3821 upvotes
If you guys are already with Shaw it's pretty much a no brainer to go with this and avoid frustration trying to get a better deal.

But if you are already with Telus, Shaw's 300/45m is sweeter provided you don't live in a high concentration area of condo's and the like
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9072 posts
53953 upvotes
Ontario
beleii wrote: So is this going to work the same way as the Shaw deal? PM you with contact information and your guy will contact? Thanks for all these great deals
Sure, I can do that. Just need name and number. You should be able to get it from any outbound sales rep or promotional rep.
washcoshjosh wrote: Does this come with the Pik TV box or would that be extra? Seems like there is also a Pik TV app for Apple TV but not Fire Stick :(
pik tv box will be extra and it is expensive. I think it cost $100 or craigslist = $60
Tobsterboi wrote: If I don't have fibre yet can I still get this deal and just get the highest speed possible?
you probably don't have purefibre but most places have internet 150.
roopster wrote: OP - how do we get in touch with your contact. Current Shaw customer and Shaw retention not doing anything at all. Ready to move over to Telus. Will require a larger TV package for sure.
send me ur name and number. I will ask him to call you guys.
COSTCO is closed on October 12 (Thanksgiving)
Saint-Hubert (Quebec) Costco = Oct 12 = 7AM - 6PM
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9072 posts
53953 upvotes
Ontario
CoffinM wrote: Hello, Im currently with Shaw internet only with no contract. Am willing to switch to this great deal with Telus OP. Can you please let me know how to get in touch?

Thanks
bctoys wrote: lookin to get this deal too, any info would be appreciated from a telus rep
shellguard wrote: Don’t forget that you’re getting PikTV box for free, which I’m using as Netflix player, YouTube player and Chromecast device.
toyshop wrote: So how do I get this deal? Do I need to contact your rep? I’m very interested now since I’m paying almost double that
liltennyo wrote: interested in an internet only deal with telus.
slifer wrote: call into retentions for this deal? Currently have optik tv essentials.. + internet 75 for around 73 dollars.. would it be worth it to switch?
If you are currently with retention, you can call them. another RFDer got a similar offer from retention
shellguard wrote: Got off a call with Telus retention department. Quite happy with the result:

150/150 unlimited for 24 months ($60) + PikTV ($5) - I've picked this one
750/750 unlimited for 24 months ($80) + PikTV ($5) - can upgrade to this at any time as they put a note on my account

I'm on PureFibre
JimboD wrote: I have Shaw and I am on no contract. PM me on how to get on this deal! Tootles!
filangy321 wrote: Wow, time to leave shaw. I'm paying $82.39 for "high speed 25". All-in with taxes is over $92 every month! I don't own a tv and don't want one so internet only is what I need.
I'm not sure why you waited that long lol. I always switch names when the promo is up.
terranaj98 wrote: Thanks TDG so much.
If shaw balks again on loyalty/retention.. or your deal posted, Telus here I come.
shma wrote: I’ll jump on this how do I actually get it?
SupaDawg wrote: As with others. Shaw lost my business today, How do I get in on this?
send me a name and number. will forward to him. should be calling you on Tuesday.
Feb 16, 2017
361 posts
348 upvotes
How tedious is the process switching from Shaw to Telus?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9072 posts
53953 upvotes
Ontario
wwkk624 wrote: How tedious is the process switching from Shaw to Telus?
I've done it before and it is quite simple. it was 5 years ago.
I ordered. they processed it. I chose a time for installation. they installed it and helped me cancel my Shaw account.
we left because they kept charging overages.
Oct 15, 2003
142 posts
5 upvotes
So just to update. I called in to rententions and they wouldn’t budge on anything with my account since I have 13 months left. I can cancel which will only cost $130. Can I sign up with your contact under a different legal name in the same house hold?
WINNER! of wineveryhour contest: xbox 360 :D
Mar 20, 2013
135 posts
344 upvotes
Edmonton
Me too. Getting price gouge by Shaw. How do I get this deal?
Sep 2, 2007
113 posts
36 upvotes
Calgary
Just a heads up for internet only deal. I'm an existing Telus pure 150 client, called into loyalty 2nd time (1st time offer was not great). Was able to get 2 year pricing for pure 150 for $40 a month with $100 bill credit, unlimited 1st year, NO CONTRACT. Rep gave me her email, might save you guys some time dealing with out rep if you're simply looking for internet only offer.
Sep 18, 2017
6 posts
1 upvote
bluewolf97 wrote: Just a heads up for internet only deal. I'm an existing Telus pure 150 client, called into loyalty 2nd time (1st time offer was not great). Was able to get 2 year pricing for pure 150 for $40 a month with $100 bill credit, unlimited 1st year, NO CONTRACT. Rep gave me her email, might save you guys some time dealing with out rep if you're simply looking for internet only offer.
Could you PM me her email? I'm in the exact same situation as you (existing pure 150 client) and I'd love to get that offer.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9072 posts
53953 upvotes
Ontario
toyshop wrote: So just to update. I called in to rententions and they wouldn’t budge on anything with my account since I have 13 months left. I can cancel which will only cost $130. Can I sign up with your contact under a different legal name in the same house hold?
For existing, he won’t be able to cancel and switch to another name like Shaw.
CJC2000 wrote: Me too. Getting price gouge by Shaw. How do I get this deal?
Send me a msg (name and number) can forward to him.