Expired Hot Deals

[Freedom Mobile] Telus/Koodo Customers (ON) - Free iPhone 11 + 10GB/month plan for $60

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2020 9:48 am
May 29, 2017
429 posts
177 upvotes
Canada
mgn2000 wrote: India has it too and lots of African Countries too.
I have a Panasonic phone, I bought in India , it has 2 physical sim slots.
Ya, but when it comes to iPhone, only China models have physical dual SIM. We all know all of Asia, Africa, Middle East and South America pretty much have physical dual SIM phones available, but when referring to iPhone, only China gets the physical dual SIM models because the government doesn't allow digital sim cards.

However eSIM isn't an inconvenience, I have been using it since last year.
Jul 21, 2015
122 posts
23 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Just got it done. It's not 45/month plan is 75 minus 15 so it's 60 flat just no tab balance to add on
Sep 2, 2017
417 posts
490 upvotes
Edmonton
mgn2000 wrote: India has it too and lots of African Countries too.
I have a Panasonic phone, I bought in India , it has 2 physical sim slots.
They were talking about the iPhone 11.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
1263 posts
274 upvotes
45.467253°N, 75.5123…
atlantic_man wrote: Is iPhone 11 on Freedom dual sim?
zaidyboy wrote: I think he meant eSim

If he meant that, he wouldn't have asked as the answer was obvious...
Jun 18, 2011
294 posts
193 upvotes
TORONTO
I’m a newbie when it comes to the port-in port-out game...

If I am current a Telus customer, can I port over to Freedom to get this iPhone 11 $60/10GB deal... then port back to Telus to get their $45/25GB winback offer... and keep the iPhone 11 by paying the $15/month for 24 months discount... basically paying $360 (+activation fees) for an iPhone 11?

Also, newb question but I’m currently the 2nd line on my wife’s Telus EPP account. Can I do this on my own or do I need to get her involved? She may not want to jump over and possibly not be able to port back to Telus so I rather just go solo on this deal.
Sep 23, 2020
4 posts
6 upvotes
Samshares wrote: Ya, but when it comes to iPhone, only China models have physical dual SIM. We all know all of Asia, Africa, Middle East and South America pretty much have physical dual SIM phones available, but when referring to iPhone, only China gets the physical dual SIM models because the government doesn't allow digital sim cards.

However eSIM isn't an inconvenience, I have been using it since last year.
Come on dude, China government allows digital sim cards, stop spreading fake news.
Mar 9, 2009
272 posts
90 upvotes
bobobaby wrote: Just got it done. It's not 45/month plan is 75 minus 15 so it's 60 flat just no tab balance to add on
Did you get any other bonus like PC points or gift card with the phone?
Apr 18, 2019
3 posts
As a Koodo customer this seems enticing...

What infrastructure is the nationwide 1GB extra on? I am mostly in a city but would definitely use that 1 gb when I go to the cottage.

Also -- does the throttling occur on the nationwide coverage or just local/Freedom network after a certain number of GBs... Not being able to stream video seems significant
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5273 posts
1240 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
1995itsmylife wrote: As a Koodo customer this seems enticing...

What infrastructure is the nationwide 1GB extra on? I am mostly in a city but would definitely use that 1 gb when I go to the cottage.

Also -- does the throttling occur on the nationwide coverage or just local/Freedom network after a certain number of GBs... Not being able to stream video seems significant
Not sure but I out of freedom network for 2 days up north I didn't see any slow data connection. I think I easily finish the 1gb, but never get data overage at all. My usage shows over my kids too they continue watching youtube while on the road.

Freedom Mobile F&F

Feb 14, 2019
956 posts
925 upvotes
LarryT778370 wrote: How's freedom mobile signal these days? I was with Wind mobile and that wasn't fun.. Almost broke up with my gf because of constantly not able to reply her message.
Sounds like the gf was a problem, not just the network. ;)
Oct 18, 2007
468 posts
316 upvotes
Toronto
went to wasaga beach and collingwood and had no data avail on the freedom network thats in all parts of the city. luckily i was able to txt or make calls. i strongky advise ppl not to consider freedom in these cities.
Feb 25, 2018
290 posts
216 upvotes
freedom is truly still a hit & miss

Unless you live and work in DT, then you'll be fine, until you enter your work building at the 32nd floor then you'll have no reception again. Hahaha
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5273 posts
1240 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
fuzionx23 wrote: went to wasaga beach and collingwood and had no data avail on the freedom network thats in all parts of the city. luckily i was able to txt or make calls. i strongky advise ppl not to consider freedom in these cities.
I was there in Collingwood and Midland we have no issue connecting to roaming call text data are working.

Freedom Mobile F&F