Expired Hot Deals

[Freedom Mobile] Telus/Koodo Customers (ON) - Free iPhone 11 + 10GB/month plan for $60

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2020 9:48 am
Aug 17, 2017
228 posts
210 upvotes
hkhorace wrote: I don’t think Freedom (or any provider - koodo changed their policy a while back) does this, they put the full MSRP on your tab and reduce it prorated each month.
when you port out of a carrier, you pay any outstanding balance on your device, as well as a prorated monthly charge. It will all be on one bill.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5257 posts
1234 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
iPhone 11 is $979 at apple store.
Freedom offer it at $60 monthly x 24 months =$1440 less the $979 = $461 ÷ 24 months = $19.81 good deal.

Freedom Mobile F&F

Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2002
3196 posts
551 upvotes
Anyone show this to Koodo and got them to match?
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4553 posts
2627 upvotes
at87on wrote: If the Freedom network wasn't so awful, I would consider it.
I call your BS.

I’m in London and I have had nothing but good reception.
CPU: Intel i7-7700K @4.5GHz | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 | RAM: ADATA XPG DDR4 3000MHz 24GB | SSD: WD Black 512GB NVMe | Mobo: ASUS STRIX Z270E | Case: COUGAR PANZER | Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 |Monitor: 2 x HP 27es 27" IPS LCD
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1055 posts
903 upvotes
Markham, ON
Sejad wrote: I call your BS.

I’m in London and I have had nothing but good reception.
Good for you. You're the very few who don't experience poor reception with Freedom.

When I pay $60 as soon as I enter a building, I expect my cellular data to work.
FIDO, Koodo, Public Mobile, TELUS customer.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4553 posts
2627 upvotes
at87on wrote: Good for you. You're the very few who don't experience poor reception with Freedom.

When I pay $60 as soon as I enter a building, I expect my cellular data to work.
Do you work in an underground secret lab or something? Lol
CPU: Intel i7-7700K @4.5GHz | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 | RAM: ADATA XPG DDR4 3000MHz 24GB | SSD: WD Black 512GB NVMe | Mobo: ASUS STRIX Z270E | Case: COUGAR PANZER | Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 |Monitor: 2 x HP 27es 27" IPS LCD
Nov 25, 2007
418 posts
55 upvotes
at87on wrote: Good for you. You're the very few who don't experience poor reception with Freedom.

I was with public before just switched to freedom. So far I can’t complain seems the same. I live in Mississauga. Only been a week but this is my initial experience.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1055 posts
903 upvotes
Markham, ON
marky wrote: I was with public before just switched to freedom. So far I can’t complain seems the same. I live in Mississauga. Only been a week but this is my initial experience.
Wait till you visit friends and family who live in condo or apartment buildings.
Or when you have to go into an office building.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1055 posts
903 upvotes
Markham, ON
Sejad wrote: Do you work in an underground secret lab or something? Lol
I live in Markham and the service is terrible here. I drive on 14th avenue all the time, and the service is worse than GSM there.
In North Scarborough, it's usable, but nowhere near TELUS.

Those of us who are posting negatively of Freedom aren't for paying more for our cell phone bills. We're RFD'ers. If Freedom's service was on par with TELUS or Bell or their flanker brands, we wold all switch in a heartbat vs. what we're paying right now.

But Those of who have tried Freedom since their inception (multiple times hoping they've improved their service to adequate levels) have been disappointed repeatedly.

Sure, Freedom has improved since it first launched under Globalive, but they're nowhere near the Big 3, especially the Big 2 (TELUS & Bell) when it comes to consistent, nationwide coverage or in-building coverage (signal strength & quality).

For me and many others, getting FREEDOM service is throwing money out the window.
Nov 25, 2007
418 posts
55 upvotes
at87on wrote: Wait till you visit friends and family who live in condo or apartment buildings.
Actually work in an office building and radio has a hard time getting reception. Works fine.
For me so far no complaints but I will see. I’m not on a contract so I can leave if I run into issues.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2012
1010 posts
1658 upvotes
Alberta
at87on wrote: I live in Markham and the service is terrible here.
Sorry Freedom didn't work for you.
It does for many, as for the above posters.

A fully compliant phone, working VoLTE, and access to 'extended range' LTE Band 13 are prerequisites for a reliably satisfactory experience on Freedom.
(B13 is not yet fully deployed across ON)

Those interested should be aware of the no-risk trial period -- if things don't work out return the as-new device within 15 days for a full refund, including connection fee.

Awesome device subsidies are just one of the reasons to consider Freedom.
Mar 9, 2009
272 posts
90 upvotes
Freedom works well for me as well. I live in a condo building in Mississauga and the signal inside my building is stronger than when I was with Koodo. I check the tower map and see that there is a cell tower right at my building ao maybe thats why. Have been using Freedom since last Dec, overall Im very happy with it.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5257 posts
1234 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
at87on wrote: Wait till you visit friends and family who live in condo or apartment buildings.
It's works also, no issue wifi calling is activated wifi for data.
Friends & Family lives and works in this area I think Freedom got us cover.
Last edited by d1ulove3 on Sep 26th, 2020 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Freedom Mobile F&F

Feb 29, 2012
355 posts
114 upvotes
Zero problems with either on Freedom here in AB.
Mar 9, 2009
272 posts
90 upvotes
I saw there is 100k PC points offer for the iPhone 11 at TMS today.