Expired Hot Deals

[Freedom Mobile] Telus/Koodo Customers (ON) - Free iPhone 11 + 10GB/month plan for $60

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2020 9:48 am
Nov 23, 2018
60 posts
42 upvotes
at87on wrote: I live in Markham and the service is terrible here. I drive on 14th avenue all the time, and the service is worse than GSM there.
In North Scarborough, it's usable, but nowhere near TELUS.

Those of us who are posting negatively of Freedom aren't for paying more for our cell phone bills. We're RFD'ers. If Freedom's service was on par with TELUS or Bell or their flanker brands, we wold all switch in a heartbat vs. what we're paying right now.

But Those of who have tried Freedom since their inception (multiple times hoping they've improved their service to adequate levels) have been disappointed repeatedly.

Sure, Freedom has improved since it first launched under Globalive, but they're nowhere near the Big 3, especially the Big 2 (TELUS & Bell) when it comes to consistent, nationwide coverage or in-building coverage (signal strength & quality).

For me and many others, getting FREEDOM service is throwing money out the window.
I’m all for getting your money’s worth, so if Freedom isn’t giving you that then I don’t blame you. For others who are unsure, I too would recommend using their 15 day trial. It might actually surprise you for the better. On my end I pay exactly $49.44 (taxes included) every month for 10GB. It feels great. So, why not see if you might be able to stop getting overcharged by the other companies.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1055 posts
904 upvotes
Markham, ON
d1ulove3 wrote: It's works also, no issue wifi calling is activated wifi for data.
Friends & Family lives and works in this area I think Freedom got us cover.
In Markham, the coverage isn't the same as Mississauga when comparing Bell/TELUS vs Freedom.

FIDO, Koodo, Public Mobile, TELUS customer.
Aug 16, 2019
46 posts
66 upvotes
its not for telus koodo customers but any freedom customers new as well as existing..
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5273 posts
1240 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
at87on wrote: In Markham, the coverage isn't the same as Mississauga when comparing Bell/TELUS vs Freedom.

Belus are far more advance than freedom.

Freedom Mobile F&F

Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1055 posts
904 upvotes
Markham, ON
d1ulove3 wrote: Belus are far more advance than freedom.

That's my point.
And if you're in Markham and most other area, you definitely notice the inferior Freedom Mobile network when comparing to TELUS & Bell.
FIDO, Koodo, Public Mobile, TELUS customer.
Mar 9, 2009
272 posts
90 upvotes
Trying to get this deal today at 2 stores but couldnt get the $10 off per month per line (promo email from freedom). Reps said they are not stackable :(
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5273 posts
1240 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
milomilemila wrote: Trying to get this deal today at 2 stores but couldnt get the $10 off per month per line (promo email from freedom). Reps said they are not stackable :(
I think multiple line discounts are stackable, may be they change it already.

Freedom Mobile F&F

Mar 9, 2009
272 posts
90 upvotes
d1ulove3 wrote: I think multiple line discounts are stackable, may be they change it already.
Seems like TMS Reps dont know how to apply it.
I could add 2 lines if they all can stack. Iphone 11 for $50/month and 100k PC points is really a good deal. Well, I guess I have to wait for another promo then!!
Dec 25, 2012
15 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
Can you use WiFi for calling and text on freedom mobile?
Nov 30, 2016
879 posts
1090 upvotes
Mississauga
ruban2642 wrote: Can you use WiFi for calling and text on freedom mobile?
Yes you can. They also support VoWifi on lots of phones. Was on Freedom Mobile until 2 weeks ago when I paid off my tab to switch to the Telus winback deal. Had very little issues with FM in Mississauga, but $30/25GB on Telus was too good to pass up.
But for those looking for Flagship phones for $0 upfront, Freedom remains the #1 option.
Dec 15, 2017
67 posts
51 upvotes
Took all of 10 seconds to check your link...
DreamSanctuary wrote: Switch to Freedom and get iPhone 11 (64GB) and 10GB of Fast LTE data for Absolute ZeroTM 9 on a $60/mo.3 plan. Offer available in Ontario only and ends September 30th.
1. It's $60/10GB + free iPhone 11 vs this thread is $60/20GB + iPhone 11 + other $/GB options if you don't care about the iphone
2. Ended September 30th checks calendar it's now October
Sep 30, 2013
75 posts
32 upvotes
Ryanix wrote: Took all of 10 seconds to check your link...

1. It's $60/10GB + free iPhone 11 vs this thread is $60/20GB + iPhone 11 + other $/GB options if you don't care about the iphone
2. Ended September 30th checks calendar it's now October
OK, you are correct.

I did not check the details, just notice 60 for iPhone 11.

Just want to mention that I believe this freedom plan is a response for the previous Telus 45 for 25g plan.