Expired Hot Deals

[Telus] Koodo to Telus offer: Endless Data 10GB/$65 (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 4th, 2020 7:44 pm
Tags:
[OP]
May 21, 2016
53 posts
29 upvotes

[Telus] Koodo to Telus offer: Endless Data 10GB/$65 (YMMV)

Currently with Koodo 8G/$40 plan in Alberta, got a text message from Koodo today:

Koodo: Hi XXXXXXXX! Since Koodo and TELUS are part of the same team, we have an exclusive TELUS deal for you. Get an endless data plan with no data overages and 10GB for $65. Plus, tack on ANY new phone, even the latest and greatest, for $0 upfront plus tax.

To make the move, just visit your nearest TELUS store. Share the promo code XXXXXXXXX and your unique validation code: XXXXXXXXX. Hurry though - this offer won't last long.

Conditions apply. You're included on the list for Koodo and TELUS offers and deals. To be excluded, reply "unsubscribe" or visit bit.ly/UctlZt
20200303202203.jpg
32 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
8297 posts
3751 upvotes
Markham
Seems not a good deal
Last edited by smartie on Mar 3rd, 2020 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
3663 posts
1328 upvotes
Why not just have Koodo and Telus be the same thing with the same plans then?
Dec 4, 2013
67 posts
205 upvotes
EDMONTON
They'll most likely "raise" your plan after a while.

After working for Telus for three years I've seen it happen lots

You usually don't see Koodo raise their prices that's probably why
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
1230 posts
1335 upvotes
Atlantic
I wouldn't call this a sh!t deal. The text message did say OP could get "ANY" phone for $0 upfront. So if he got something high end like an iPhone 11 Pro Max, it might be worth it.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
3663 posts
1328 upvotes
jyeh222 wrote: They'll most likely "raise" your plan after a while.

After working for Telus for three years I've seen it happen lots

You usually don't see Koodo raise their prices that's probably why

Yea, I think Koodo is the only one to not raise rates on the 10GB 60 dollar plan from a couple years ago?
Jan 3, 2013
16 posts
5 upvotes
TORONTO
I believe Telus has switched to device financing or some vision of it. So, if you get a phone, you’ll still have a monthly payment towards it.
Apr 23, 2003
497 posts
245 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
EasyCompany251 wrote: I wouldn't call this a sh!t deal. The text message did say OP could get "ANY" phone for $0 upfront. So if he got something high end like an iPhone 11 Pro Max, it might be worth it.
No it isn't because you have to pay X on top of your monthly plan. The Big 3 and their subs have moved to a finance model. It is an underhanded way to move people closer to $100 plans and giving consumers no subsidies. Now an activation fee of $40 is rediculous as well.

It is also insulting the consumer, 8 GB for $40 to an additional $25 for 2 GB. With so much free WiFi around how anyone can use more than 4-5 GB per month is hard to believe.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2008
1239 posts
1223 upvotes
GTA
CanSpec wrote: Currently with Koodo 8G/$40 plan in Alberta, got a text message from Koodo today:

Koodo: Hi XXXXXXXX! Since Koodo and TELUS are part of the same team, we have an exclusive TELUS deal for you. Get an endless data plan with no data overages and 10GB for $65. Plus, tack on ANY new phone, even the latest and greatest, for $0 upfront plus tax.

To make the move, just visit your nearest TELUS store. Share the promo code XXXXXXXXX and your unique validation code: XXXXXXXXX. Hurry though - this offer won't last long.

Conditions apply. You're included on the list for Koodo and TELUS offers and deals. To be excluded, reply "unsubscribe" or visit bit.ly/UctlZt

20200303202203.jpg
OP, thanks for the post but would you pay an extra $25 for 2GB more?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7471 posts
4949 upvotes
Canada
EasyCompany251 wrote: I wouldn't call this a sh!t deal. The text message did say OP could get "ANY" phone for $0 upfront. So if he got something high end like an iPhone 11 Pro Max, it might be worth it.
It's only $0 upfront, you are still paying the full phone price over 24 monthly installments. 2 year term.

This is a horrible deal if you have 8gb for $40. You are paying $25/mo more for just 2gb. ($600 more over 2 years)
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
1230 posts
1335 upvotes
Atlantic
Again, it all depends on how Telus subsidizes the phone. OP has not provided any additional information beyond the $65/month.

A general look at Telus' website looks like they are not only doing financing of devices but also leasing...there is a big difference between the 2. Think car leasing vs financing.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
8634 posts
9398 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
Telus EPP is $68 for 20gb of shareable / unlimited reduced speed data for contrast. So they aren’t even offering you a deal that’s close to that.

To me Telus, Koodo have lagged behind on deals the last year or so. Maybe they have too many subs and don’t mind seeing a few leave.
"It is in times of great fear or greed that the most opportunity exists."

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)