261 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

$55/25 GB Telus or $55/15GB Koodo

Retailer:
Telus/Koodo -YMMV
$55 / 25 GB Telus
Unlimited Data*
Unlimited Canada-wide texting and calling
Free 600 international minutes (select Countries)
No contract

$55 / 15 GB Koodo

Unlimited Canada-wide texting and calling
Unlimited Canada & international texting
Free 1000 International Minutes ( select countries)
No contract

This was in Richmond Centre, Richmond BC.

Could be only offered here this is what I saw and i made no inquires just saw the prices listed. I think the Telus one is the better deal.

My current plan is with Fido's Loyalty for $60 for 30GB + 10 GB bonus for 15 months for free with:

Talk: Unlimited Canada-Wide Minutes
Text: Unlimited Text, Picture and Video Messages from Canada to U.S. & Intl Mobile Numbers

I'm a bit undecided to see if i should hop to this deal I'm not including the bonus with my decision as it's not a permanent thing. What do you guys think?
Images
  • telus-koodo.jpg
Last edited by XSHABX on May 14th, 2022 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
$60/30GB Fido Unlimited CAD Minutes, Unlimited INTL Text, Unlimited MMS/Video
11 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2017
1208 posts
2361 upvotes
Vancouver
Are there no other conditions for the Telus deal? I would switch from Koodo just for the Apple Watch data support
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
6024 posts
2140 upvotes
I’ve been waiting weeks for phone prices to drop, would really love to upgrade from my XR
[OP]
Feb 16, 2017
174 posts
261 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I'll check on Sunday when i go to work, i'll walk there and see what they have to offer and what the conditions are, i totally forgot about apple watch support for telus but then i have my phone with me everywhere i go so don't see the need.
$60/30GB Fido Unlimited CAD Minutes, Unlimited INTL Text, Unlimited MMS/Video
Oct 13, 2017
97 posts
10 upvotes
So I take it no upgrading needed? Byod?
Apr 13, 2013
25 posts
77 upvotes
Richmond
Anyone know if I'm currently on contract if they will let me change to this plan?
Aug 28, 2011
211 posts
132 upvotes
CALGARY
soymilkslam wrote: Are there no other conditions for the Telus deal? I would switch from Koodo just for the Apple Watch data support
Unless something has changed - telus will charge you to activate your watch on top of a monthly fee to share your data. If it’s changed - someone post.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
14760 posts
6318 upvotes
Toronto, ON
drpepper1 wrote: Unless something has changed - telus will charge you to activate your watch on top of a monthly fee to share your data. If it’s changed - someone post.
That hasn't changed, but some have been successful in getting a $0 watch plan added that allows sharing of the pooled data with their watches. You have to contact customer loyalty to ask and it's very YMMV.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
2553 posts
99 upvotes
XSHABX wrote: I'll check on Sunday when i go to work, i'll walk there and see what they have to offer and what the conditions are, i totally forgot about apple watch support for telus but then i have my phone with me everywhere i go so don't see the need.
Please report back when you find out more. I would be interested in the Telus plan. Access to 5G? Activation fees? Does the international minutes include to the US? No global texting though? Thanks!
Jan 3, 2017
103 posts
32 upvotes
Going to use this to leverage against stupid Telus.

I spent 1.5 hour two weekends ago with loyalty & escalation department. My 2 year contract $50/10GB expired, and they suddenly jacked it up by $10 saying my credit expired due to contract over. They told me I should have received some communication about the rate increase, which I never did (don't think they ever tell you until you see your bill). So I told them I just activated another home service package for my 2nd home, so I asked if they can give me back the $10 monthly credit on my mobile as I'm using more services with Telus. I even told them my wife has a corporate plan which I can go on, for the same perks and existing price I was paying of $50. I only want to stick with Telus as it gives me leverage when I bargain for my home services (the more services you have, the more inclined they are willing to bring cost down - so far the many years with Telus, has worked 100%).

Loyalty told me $60/10GB my current price I'm paying is the best market deal out there blah blah blah. Then they transferred me to escalations after I got tired of the useless loyalty agent, which the escalation lady was being an idiot, indirectly told me to just switch as they can't do anything better. Telus rather earn $0 to let me go, then to offer me $50 per month? Makes no financial sense??

So in the end after seeing this post, I'm going to call back and call them out. Telling them $55/25GB plan offered in store, and your telling me $60/10GB is the best deal out there. Going to guilt them and teach them a lesson.
May 15, 2018
189 posts
80 upvotes
Sadly, it's the new reality. Loyalty means squash these days with telcom. Just do a search and read on winback threads here on RFD. Basically ppl threaten to leave, they're like "go ahead". but once you do, they'll scramble for you again.
Euro7r wrote: Going to use this to leverage against stupid Telus.

I spent 1.5 hour two weekends ago with loyalty & escalation department. My 2 year contract $50/10GB expired, and they suddenly jacked it up by $10 saying my credit expired due to contract over. They told me I should have received some communication about the rate increase, which I never did (don't think they ever tell you until you see your bill). So I told them I just activated another home service package for my 2nd home, so I asked if they can give me back the $10 monthly credit on my mobile as I'm using more services with Telus. I even told them my wife has a corporate plan which I can go on, for the same perks and existing price I was paying of $50. I only want to stick with Telus as it gives me leverage when I bargain for my home services (the more services you have, the more inclined they are willing to bring cost down - so far the many years with Telus, has worked 100%).

Loyalty told me $60/10GB my current price I'm paying is the best market deal out there blah blah blah. Then they transferred me to escalations after I got tired of the useless loyalty agent, which the escalation lady was being an idiot, indirectly told me to just switch as they can't do anything better. Telus rather earn $0 to let me go, then to offer me $50 per month? Makes no financial sense??

So in the end after seeing this post, I'm going to call back and call them out. Telling them $55/25GB plan offered in store, and your telling me $60/10GB is the best deal out there. Going to guilt them and teach them a lesson.